|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the 3,700,000 buffalo killed from 1872 to 1874 how many were killed by the Indian tribes?
2. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
(b) A broken heart
(c) He was killed by another Indian
3. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
(a) Ghost gloves
(b) Ghost shoes
(c) Ghost hats
(d) Ghost shirts
4. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
(a) The Battle of Mount Rushmore
(b) The Battle of the Rosebud
(c) The Battle of the Little Big Horn
(d) The Battle of the Powder River
5. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
(d) Nez Perce
Short Answer Questions
1. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
2. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
3. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
4. In what year was the last peace conference held, before the battle of the Little Big Horn?
5. When Geronimo is apprehended where is he taken?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)