|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the most famous Ute chief?
(a) Ouray the Arrow
(b) Little Bull
(c) Chief Joseph
(d) Lone Pine
2. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
(a) Some of the Indians started raiding white settlements
(b) General Custer decides to start arresting Indians
(c) Gold was discovered
(d) A train is built through the Black Hills
3. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
(a) The end of the civil war
(b) The printed media
(c) A poor court system
(d) The absence of an Indian policy
4. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Move to Canada
(b) Return to a reservation
(c) Surrender at Fort Laramie
(d) Surrender at Fort Cobb
5. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
(a) Ghost hats
(b) Ghost gloves
(c) Ghost shoes
(d) Ghost shirts
Short Answer Questions
1. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
2. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
3. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
4. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
5. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)