|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
(b) Kidnap Canby
(c) Report Canby to his superiors
(d) Kill Canby
2. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) To protect his sister
(b) To protect Hooker Jim
(c) The soldiers had killed his family
(d) To protect his sacred homeland
3. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he should be executed
(b) That he can run for office
(c) That he is a person like any other citizen
(d) That he has no standing in court
4. Who is Big Snake?
(a) Standing Bear's Son
(b) Standing Bear's father
(c) Standing Bear's killer
(d) Standing Bear's brother
5. Of the 3,700,000 buffalo killed from 1872 to 1874 how many were killed by the Indian tribes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
2. What are the Kiowa's forced to do by the white soldiers?
3. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
4. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
5. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)