|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Santana and Big Tree are arrested who negotiates their release?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Lone Wolf
2. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
(a) Ghost gloves
(b) Ghost shirts
(c) Ghost hats
(d) Ghost shoes
3. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Quapaw Reservation
(b) Washita Reservation
(c) Tongue River Reservation
(d) Qualla Reservation
4. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
(a) A broken heart
(d) He was killed by another Indian
5. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
(a) General Custer decides to start arresting Indians
(b) Gold was discovered
(c) Some of the Indians started raiding white settlements
(d) A train is built through the Black Hills
Short Answer Questions
1. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
2. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
3. What Kiowa chief eventually leads the tribe off of the reservation?
4. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
5. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)