|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sitting Bull go in defiance of the US government?
(b) Red Cloud's reservation
2. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
(d) South Dakota
3. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(b) Northern California
4. What Kiowa chief eventually leads the tribe off of the reservation?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Ten Bears
(d) Crazy Horse
5. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(b) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(c) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
(d) There are very few buffalo left
Short Answer Questions
1. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
2. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
3. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
4. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
5. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)