|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
(a) Chief Sitting Bull
(b) Chief Lean Bear
(c) Chief One Eye
(d) Chief Black Kettle
2. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
(a) General Carleton
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Custer
(d) General Sheridan
3. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) Winfield Scott
(b) US Grant
(c) William Sherman
(d) Ely Parker
4. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
(a) The Little Big Horn
(b) Wounded Knee
(c) Bosque Redondo
5. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
(a) To hunt down renegade indians
(b) To build a railroad
(c) To hunt for Confederate soldiers
(d) To open up more forts
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
2. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
3. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
4. Where does Roman Nose die?
5. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Red Cloud also travel to New York City?
2. How did European ideas about land ownership and the sovereignty of the crown conflict with the Native American ideas about the use of the land?
3. Briefly summarize Little Crow's War.
4. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
5. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
6. What is the connection between Cochise and Commissioner Parker?
7. What is Indian agent Meeker's solution for the Ute Indians?
8. What happens in 1858 that changes the status of the treaties between the Cheyennes and the white men?
9. Why is life at Fort Sill so disliked by the Kiowa's?
10. What happens at Sand Creek that has long lasting consequences?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)