|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(b) They are trying to get to Canada
(c) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(d) There are more white settlers to kill
2. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
(a) Fort Defiance
(b) Fort Sherman
(c) Fort Ridgely
(d) Fort Snelling
3. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
(a) California Gold rush
(b) Cattle Drives
(c) Lewis and Clark Expedition
(d) Oklahoma Claims
4. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) An American flag
(b) A musket
(d) A silver dollar
5. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(b) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
(c) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(d) The treaty with the Sioux
Short Answer Questions
1. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
2. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
3. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
4. After his days in government, what does Donehogawa do?
5. Where does Red Cloud insist his people should be allowed to trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the "Laramie Loafers"?
2. Who is Captain Jack?
3. What is particularly ominous about the intentions of General Connor?
4. What event leads to the end of the War for the Black Hills?
5. In what way is the story of Lean Bear similar to that of Little Crow?
6. What is the connection between Cochise and Commissioner Parker?
7. Why did Red Cloud also travel to New York City?
8. What is the most significant event that follows the failed treaty conference?
9. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
10. Briefly describe why Cheyennes are continually leaving the reservation?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)