|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
2. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) King Phillip
(c) Captain Jack
3. Cochise is a chief for what tribe?
(a) Chiracahua Apache
(c) Nez Perce
(d) Santee Sioux
4. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The treaty with the Sioux
(b) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
(c) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(d) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
5. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
(a) John Bent
(b) Edward Wynkoop
(c) Kit Carson
(d) William Sheridan
Short Answer Questions
1. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
2. Where are most of the warring Sioux at this time?
3. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
4. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
5. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edward Wynkoop try to help the Indians?
2. Why did many Indian tribes side with England during the Revolutionary War and again in the War of 1812?
3. Why did Columbus call Native Americans "Indios"?
4. What happened to the Nez Perces when they tried to move to Canada?
5. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
6. Why is General George Crook important in the history of Indian affairs?
7. Who were the "Laramie Loafers"?
8. Why does a treaty not become a reality?
9. What is the most significant event that follows the failed treaty conference?
10. How does the repeated government actions establishing "permanent Indian territory" characterize a deep rooted problem with relationships between the United States and and the Indian tribes?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)