Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
(a) War Secretary
(b) Secretary of State
(c) Secretary of the Interior
(d) Commissioner of Indian Affairs
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Tree
(b) Standing Deer
(c) Dull Knife
(d) Little Horse
3. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
(a) A congressional task force
(b) General Sherman's army
(c) A peace commission
(d) New soldiers fresh from the Civil War
4. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
(a) The indians are incited by a speech by Sitting Bull
(b) The indians are tricked by General Sherman
(c) The indians learn about a road planned for Powder River
(d) The indians are massacred in the fort
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(b) They leave to attack other Indians
(c) They leave to attack settlers
(d) they don't have enough food
Short Answer Questions
1. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
2. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
3. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
4. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
5. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what caused the peace to breakdown between the Indians in the Black Hills and the whites in 1874.
2. Why does a treaty not become a reality?
3. Briefly explain why Kicking Bird is important?
4. Who is Edward R. S. Canby?
5. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
6. What is unique about Meeker's approach?
7. What is the connection between Cochise and Commissioner Parker?
8. Who is the last of the Apache Chiefs?
9. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
10. Why was the election of U. S. Grant seen as a good thing for in plight of the American Indians?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)