|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(b) The idea that Native Americans are the
(c) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(d) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
2. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Sorrowful Trail
(b) Trail of Tears
(c) Buncombe Turnpike
(d) Chisholm Trail
3. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) Fort Apache
(b) Fort Pierce
(c) Fort Ridgely
(d) The Alamo
4. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) William Sherman
(b) US Grant
(c) Ely Parker
(d) Winfield Scott
5. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
(a) Dull Knife and Sitting Bull
(b) Roman Nose and Little Horse
(c) Chief Joseph and Captain Jack
(d) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
2. How does Little Crow die?
3. How long does Red Cloud's war last?
4. In 1868 what does Red Cloud do?
5. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was important to get Indians such as Red Cloud, Dull Knife and Man Afraid of His Horses to sign any peace treaty?
2. Briefly define Manifest Destiny?
3. What is the most significant event that follows the failed treaty conference?
4. What does General Hancock predict will lead to more whites intruding on Indian territory?
5. What does Sitting Bull do that leads to several years of peace with the white man?
6. What significant status does Standing Bear attain?
7. How does Edward Wynkoop try to help the Indians?
8. Why was the way that Red Cloud traveled to Washington so ironic?
9. What is the connection between Cochise and Commissioner Parker?
10. Explain how the Black Hills help to delay the eventual destruction of the Planes Indians.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)