|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
(a) Edward Wynkoop
(b) Kit Carson
(c) John Bent
(d) William Sheridan
2. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(b) Captain Jack
(c) Red Cloud
(d) King Phillip
3. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
(b) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(c) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(d) The treaty with the Sioux
4. Cochise is a chief for what tribe?
(a) Santee Sioux
(b) Chiracahua Apache
(c) Nez Perce
5. Some Cheyennes and Arapaho Indians move into what part of Kansas to hunt?
(a) Black Hills
(b) Little Big Horn Mountain
(c) Smoky Hill
(d) Powder River
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
2. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
3. After his days in government, what does Donehogawa do?
4. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
5. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain Jack refuse to live on the reservation?
2. What happens to the Santee Sioux after the death of Little Crow?
3. Why is Hancock relieved of his command?
4. How does Custer deal with the Kiowa Indians?
5. Who is Big Foot?
6. What is unique about Meeker's approach?
7. Who is Standing Bear?
8. Who is Hooker Jim?
9. What happens to most of the Apaches after the death of Cochise?
10. How do the Indians of the Plains misinterpret their success over the Bluecoats along the Powder River?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)