|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) Fort Ridgely
(b) Fort Apache
(c) The Alamo
(d) Fort Pierce
2. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Run him out of their territory
(b) Kill and mutilate him
(c) Sign a temporary treaty
(d) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
3. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
(c) Crazy Horse
4. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
(a) Lewis and Clark Expedition
(b) Cattle Drives
(c) Oklahoma Claims
(d) California Gold rush
5. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(b) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(c) There are more white settlers to kill
(d) They are trying to get to Canada
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
2. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
3. Along what river does Red Cloud want his people to reside?
4. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
5. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly define Manifest Destiny?
2. How does Custer deal with the Kiowa Indians?
3. What happens to the Santee Sioux after the death of Little Crow?
4. What event leads to the end of the War for the Black Hills?
5. Who is Standing Bear?
6. What tactic does the US Army employ to try to get the Navajo Indians to move to the reservation?
7. How do the Indians of the Plains misinterpret their success over the Bluecoats along the Powder River?
8. What is the most significant event that follows the failed treaty conference?
9. Briefly explain why Kicking Bird is important?
10. Who is Wovoka and why is he important?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)