|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Little Crow
(d) Sitting Bull
2. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) Winfield Scott Hancock
(b) William Henry Harrison
(c) William Tecumseh Sherman
(d) George Armstrong Custer
3. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
(a) Fort Sumpter
(b) The Alamo
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Apache
4. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
(b) Mangas Colorado
5. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
(a) General Hood
(b) General Howard
(c) General Wise
(d) General Taylor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
2. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
3. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
4. Where does Roman Nose die?
5. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the last of the Apache Chiefs?
2. What tactic does the US Army employ to try to get the Navajo Indians to move to the reservation?
3. Who is Hooker Jim?
4. Who were the "Laramie Loafers"?
5. Why did many Indian tribes side with England during the Revolutionary War and again in the War of 1812?
6. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
7. What event in 1855 leads to the collapse of the peace that existed between the Nez Perces and the whites?
8. What does Sitting Bull do that leads to several years of peace with the white man?
9. Briefly describe why Cheyennes are continually leaving the reservation?
10. What happens to the Santee Sioux after the death of Little Crow?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)