|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Roman Nose
(d) Sitting Bull
2. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Ridgely
(c) Fort Sherman
(d) Fort Defiance
3. Who does Roman Nose specifically refuse to meet with?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Taylor
(c) General Custer
(d) General Sherman
4. Under what President did Donehogawa serve?
5. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
(a) The Little Big Horn
(b) Wounded Knee
(c) Bosque Redondo
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
2. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
3. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
4. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
5. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Custer deal with the Kiowa Indians?
2. Why was the way that Red Cloud traveled to Washington so ironic?
3. Briefly define Manifest Destiny?
4. Why did Columbus call Native Americans "Indios"?
5. Who is Captain Jack?
6. Why is Hancock relieved of his command?
7. What is particularly ominous about the intentions of General Connor?
8. Who is Big Foot?
9. Why did Red Cloud also travel to New York City?
10. What turned Cochise from a peaceful Indian to a notorious renegade?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)