|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Connor massacre
(b) The Donnor massacre
(c) The Fetterman massacre
(d) The Washita massacre
2. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
(a) The Grand Canyon
(b) The Chiracahua Mountains
(c) The Rio Grande basin
(d) Death Valley
3. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) Andrew Johnson
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) William Sherman
4. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Captain Jack
(c) King Phillip
5. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) William Tecumseh Sherman
(b) William Henry Harrison
(c) George Armstrong Custer
(d) Winfield Scott Hancock
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
2. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
3. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
4. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
5. What event does Manuelito challenge a US officer to compete in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Major Wynkoop important in this story?
2. Why is life at Fort Sill so disliked by the Kiowa's?
3. Briefly summarize Little Crow's War.
4. Who is Wovoka and why is he important?
5. Who is the last of the Apache Chiefs?
6. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
7. Why was the way that Red Cloud traveled to Washington so ironic?
8. Why did many Indian tribes side with England during the Revolutionary War and again in the War of 1812?
9. Who is Edward R. S. Canby?
10. Why was the election of U. S. Grant seen as a good thing for in plight of the American Indians?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)