|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) An American flag
(c) A musket
(d) A silver dollar
2. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Captain Jack
(c) Little Horse
(d) Roman Nose
3. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
(a) The Rio Grande basin
(b) The Grand Canyon
(c) The Chiracahua Mountains
(d) Death Valley
4. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
(a) He moved south to Mexico
(b) He ran into the hill country
(c) He immediately tried to drive them away
(d) He tried to live at peace
5. Some Cheyennes and Arapaho Indians move into what part of Kansas to hunt?
(a) Little Big Horn Mountain
(b) Powder River
(c) Black Hills
(d) Smoky Hill
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cochise's father in law?
2. What is the name of a new road through Red Cloud's country?
3. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
4. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
5. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Little Crow?
2. Why does a treaty not become a reality?
3. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
4. Who is Edward R. S. Canby?
5. How does the way Red Cloud deals with the Sawyer party contrast with the intentions of General Connor?
6. Why did Red Cloud also travel to New York City?
7. Why was the way that Red Cloud traveled to Washington so ironic?
8. Briefly describe the events surrounding the horse race between Chief Manuelito and the US soldier.
9. What tactic does the US Army employ to try to get the Navajo Indians to move to the reservation?
10. In what way is the story of Lean Bear similar to that of Little Crow?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)