|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) Fort Apache
(b) Fort Pierce
(c) The Alamo
(d) Fort Ridgely
2. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that Native Americans are the
(b) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(c) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(d) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
3. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Buffalo hunting
(b) California gold rush
(c) Pike's Peak gold rush
(d) Opening the Denver mint
4. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Cheyenne
(b) The Santee Sioux
(c) The Comanche
(d) the Ute
5. Under what President did Donehogawa serve?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
2. How long does Little Crow's War last?
3. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
4. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
5. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is General George Crook important in the history of Indian affairs?
2. How did European ideas about land ownership and the sovereignty of the crown conflict with the Native American ideas about the use of the land?
3. What happens to the Santee Sioux after the death of Little Crow?
4. Who is Kit Carson different from other soldiers who deal with the Navajos?
5. What event in 1855 leads to the collapse of the peace that existed between the Nez Perces and the whites?
6. Briefly explain who Mangas Colorado is?
7. Who is the last of the Apache Chiefs?
8. Why is life at Fort Sill so disliked by the Kiowa's?
9. Who is Wovoka and why is he important?
10. Who is Hooker Jim?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)