|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(b) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(c) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(d) The idea that Native Americans are the
2. Why do Donehogawa's critics think he should be removed from office?
(a) He is too militaristic
(b) He was too hard on General Hancock
(c) He is too close to General Grant
(d) He is too pro-indian
3. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) King Phillip
(b) Captain Jack
(d) Red Cloud
4. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
(a) Fort Defiance
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Ridgely
(d) Fort Wise
5. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
(a) Hangs several chiefs
(b) Goes back to Washington
(c) Declares war on all indians
(d) Atttacks unsuspecting villages
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
2. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
3. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
4. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
5. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain who Mangas Colorado is?
2. Why was the way that Red Cloud traveled to Washington so ironic?
3. Who is Hooker Jim?
4. What happens when some Cheyenne are allowed to leave the reservation in search of buffalo?
5. What ultimately happens to Little Crow?
6. What does General Hancock predict will lead to more whites intruding on Indian territory?
7. Why was important to get Indians such as Red Cloud, Dull Knife and Man Afraid of His Horses to sign any peace treaty?
8. What attitude does General Sheridan take towards the Indians and their way of life?
9. What is the connection between Cochise and Commissioner Parker?
10. What happens in 1858 that changes the status of the treaties between the Cheyennes and the white men?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)