|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Santee Sioux
(b) the Ute
(c) The Cheyenne
(d) The Comanche
2. Along what river does Red Cloud want his people to reside?
(a) Colorado river
(b) Platte river
(c) Missouri river
(d) Raccoon river
3. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
(b) Crazy Horse
4. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) John Bent
(b) Patrick Connor
(c) John Clark
(d) James Sawyers
5. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
(d) Crazy Horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
2. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
3. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
4. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
5. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hooker Jim?
2. Why did Red Cloud also travel to New York City?
3. What attitude does General Sheridan take towards the Indians and their way of life?
4. Briefly define Manifest Destiny?
5. What did Roman Nose promise concerning stagecoaches in his territory?
6. Why does a treaty not become a reality?
7. How does Custer deal with the Kiowa Indians?
8. How did European ideas about land ownership and the sovereignty of the crown conflict with the Native American ideas about the use of the land?
9. Why was important to get Indians such as Red Cloud, Dull Knife and Man Afraid of His Horses to sign any peace treaty?
10. Why is Wounded Knee significant?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)