|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Little Crow's War last?
(a) 1 week
(b) 6 months
(c) 1 year
(d) 1 month
2. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
(a) A congressional task force
(b) General Sherman's army
(c) A peace commission
(d) New soldiers fresh from the Civil War
3. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
(a) A Doctor from Reno, Nevada
(b) A Mormon missionary
(c) An Apache medicine man
(d) A US Army Surgeon
4. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Trail of Tears
(b) Buncombe Turnpike
(c) Chisholm Trail
(d) Sorrowful Trail
5. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
(a) William Sherman
(b) William Sheridan
(c) George Custer
(d) Kit Carson
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
2. How is Manuelito cheated in this event?
3. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
4. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
5. Under what President did Donehogawa serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edward Wynkoop try to help the Indians?
2. How does the repeated government actions establishing "permanent Indian territory" characterize a deep rooted problem with relationships between the United States and and the Indian tribes?
3. In what way is the story of Lean Bear similar to that of Little Crow?
4. How does the way Red Cloud deals with the Sawyer party contrast with the intentions of General Connor?
5. What does General Hancock predict will lead to more whites intruding on Indian territory?
6. Why is life at Fort Sill so disliked by the Kiowa's?
7. What is particularly ominous about the intentions of General Connor?
8. Who is Hooker Jim?
9. Why does a treaty not become a reality?
10. Why is Major Wynkoop important in this story?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)