|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(a) Chief Joseph
(c) Black Hawk
(d) Sitting Bull
2. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
3. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he is a person like any other citizen
(b) That he should be executed
(c) That he can run for office
(d) That he has no standing in court
4. Dull Knife decides to leave the reservation to go to the reservation where what Chief now resides?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Crazy Horse
(d) Red Cloud
5. Who is Victorio?
(a) A Comanche chief
(b) An Apache leader
(c) The Mexican who captures Geronimo
(d) Victorio is another name for Geronimo
6. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
7. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
(b) Nez Perce
8. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
(a) Fort Donnelson
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Robinson
(d) Fort Laramie
9. Little Wolf's tribe is taken to what fort?
(a) Fort Ross
(b) Fort Laramie
(c) Fort Keogh
(d) Fort Robinson
10. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(c) Northern California
11. When does Geronimo die?
12. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
(a) Nez Perce
13. Who negotiates with Geronimo for his surrender?
14. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(b) There are very few buffalo left
(c) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(d) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
15. Who launches a campaign to move the Utes all the way to the Indian territory?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
2. In what year was the last peace conference held, before the battle of the Little Big Horn?
3. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
4. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
5. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)