|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
(a) Fort Laramie
(b) St. Louis
(d) Fort Richardson
2. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
(a) Ghost shirts
(b) Ghost hats
(c) Ghost shoes
(d) Ghost gloves
3. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
(a) He is killed by a guard
(b) He has to walk home which is 500 miles away
(c) He is put in prison
(d) He is killed by another Indian
4. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Kidnap Canby
(b) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
(c) Report Canby to his superiors
(d) Kill Canby
5. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Kidnaps him
(b) Gives him to Hooker Jim
(c) Turns him over to renegade indians
(d) Kills him
6. Who launches a campaign to move the Utes all the way to the Indian territory?
7. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(c) Nez Perces
8. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
(a) The Battle of the Washita
(b) The battle of White Bird Canyon
(c) The Battle of the Rosebud
(d) The Battle of Wounded Knee
9. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
(c) Nez Perce
10. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
(a) They kill 50 soldiers
(b) They retreat to the Badlands
(c) They are killed
(d) They are immediately arrested
11. Where does Captain Jack move his tribe?
(a) The Canyonlands
(b) The Utah salt flats
(c) The California lava beds
(d) Death Valley
12. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Ten Bears
(c) Kicking Bird
(d) Sitting Bull
13. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Blackfoot
(b) The Comanches
(c) The Crow
(d) The Utes
14. When Geronimo is apprehended where is he taken?
(b) New Mexico
15. Eventually the remaining Cheyennes are allowed to move to a reservation on what River?
(a) The Missouri River
(b) The Platte River
(c) The Powder River
(d) The Tongue River
Short Answer Questions
1. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
2. How does Chief Santana die?
3. Of the 3,700,000 buffalo killed from 1872 to 1874 how many were killed by the Indian tribes?
4. Dull Knife decides to leave the reservation to go to the reservation where what Chief now resides?
5. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)