|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the 3,700,000 buffalo killed from 1872 to 1874 how many were killed by the Indian tribes?
2. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(a) Nez Perces
3. Where were the Utes finally placed in 1881?
(d) the Indian territory
4. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
(b) Big Tree
(c) Lone Wolf
(d) Kicking Bird
5. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
(a) He is killed by another Indian
(b) He is killed by a guard
(c) He has to walk home which is 500 miles away
(d) He is put in prison
6. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Tongue River Reservation
(b) Washita Reservation
(c) Qualla Reservation
(d) Quapaw Reservation
7. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(a) Northern California
8. In what year was the last peace conference held, before the battle of the Little Big Horn?
9. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
(a) Ghost shoes
(b) Ghost hats
(c) Ghost shirts
(d) Ghost gloves
10. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
(a) He moves into deep canyons
(b) He holds settlers as hostages
(c) He surrenders to an Indian agent
(d) Te moves to Mexico
11. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
(a) General Custer decides to start arresting Indians
(b) Gold was discovered
(c) Some of the Indians started raiding white settlements
(d) A train is built through the Black Hills
12. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
(a) Kicking Bird
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Crazy Horse
(d) Ten Bears
13. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Surrender at Fort Laramie
(b) Move to Canada
(c) Return to a reservation
(d) Surrender at Fort Cobb
14. The Cheyennes are moved to what fort?
(a) Fort Reno
(b) Fort Robinson
(c) Fort Connor
(d) Fort Wise
15. When Santana and Big Tree are arrested who negotiates their release?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Lone Wolf
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Kicking Bird
Short Answer Questions
1. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
2. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
3. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
4. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
5. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)