|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Kills him
(b) Turns him over to renegade indians
(c) Kidnaps him
(d) Gives him to Hooker Jim
2. When Santana and Big Tree are arrested who negotiates their release?
(a) Lone Wolf
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Sitting Bull
3. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
(b) South Dakota
4. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
(a) They kill 50 soldiers
(b) They are killed
(c) They are immediately arrested
(d) They retreat to the Badlands
5. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
(a) The Lewis and Clark Expedition
(b) The US Army Expeditiary Force
(c) The National Geographic Survey
(d) The National Park Service
6. When does Geronimo die?
7. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
(a) General Custer decides to start arresting Indians
(b) Gold was discovered
(c) A train is built through the Black Hills
(d) Some of the Indians started raiding white settlements
8. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(a) Northern California
9. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
(a) Ghost hats
(b) Ghost shoes
(c) Ghost shirts
(d) Ghost gloves
10. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Ten Bears
(c) Crazy Horse
(d) Kicking Bird
11. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Help round up other indian tribes
(b) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
(c) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
(d) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
12. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
13. What is the name of the most famous Ute chief?
(a) Little Bull
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Ouray the Arrow
(d) Lone Pine
14. Who is Big Snake?
(a) Standing Bear's father
(b) Standing Bear's Son
(c) Standing Bear's brother
(d) Standing Bear's killer
15. Who launches a campaign to move the Utes all the way to the Indian territory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Utes finally placed in 1881?
2. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
3. In 1894 where does Geronimo go to live?
4. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
5. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)