|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
2. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(a) Nez Perces
3. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Kidnap Canby
(b) Report Canby to his superiors
(c) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
(d) Kill Canby
4. Who negotiates with Geronimo for his surrender?
5. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) The soldiers had killed his family
(b) To protect Hooker Jim
(c) To protect his sacred homeland
(d) To protect his sister
6. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Quapaw Reservation
(b) Qualla Reservation
(c) Tongue River Reservation
(d) Washita Reservation
7. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
(b) Nez Perce
8. Dull Knife decides to leave the reservation to go to the reservation where what Chief now resides?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Red Cloud
9. Who launches a campaign to move the Utes all the way to the Indian territory?
10. How does Chief Santana die?
(a) He dies of old age on the reservation
(b) He jumps from a prison hospital window
(c) He is killed in a raid on Fort Richardson
(d) He is killed by Lone Wolf
11. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he is a person like any other citizen
(b) That he should be executed
(c) That he has no standing in court
(d) That he can run for office
12. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
13. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
14. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Red Cloud
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Kicking Bear
15. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
(b) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
(c) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(d) Help round up other indian tribes
Short Answer Questions
1. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
2. In 1894 where does Geronimo go to live?
3. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
4. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
5. What is the name of the most famous Ute chief?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)