|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
(a) The Black Hills
(c) The state of Idaho
(d) The Grand Canyon
2. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Turns him over to renegade indians
(b) Kills him
(c) Kidnaps him
(d) Gives him to Hooker Jim
3. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
(a) He surrenders to an Indian agent
(b) He moves into deep canyons
(c) He holds settlers as hostages
(d) Te moves to Mexico
4. Where does Sitting Bull go in defiance of the US government?
(a) Red Cloud's reservation
5. How does Sitting Bull die?
(a) He is arrested and shot by Indian officers
(b) He dies in a drunken stuper
(c) He is hanged for war crimes
(d) He commits suicide
6. When does Geronimo die?
7. When Geronimo is apprehended where is he taken?
(b) New Mexico
8. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Move to Canada
(b) Return to a reservation
(c) Surrender at Fort Cobb
(d) Surrender at Fort Laramie
9. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Tongue River Reservation
(b) Washita Reservation
(c) Quapaw Reservation
(d) Qualla Reservation
10. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
(a) Lone Wolf
(b) Kicking Bird
(d) Big Tree
11. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
(d) South Dakota
12. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he can run for office
(b) That he has no standing in court
(c) That he is a person like any other citizen
(d) That he should be executed
13. Who is the Indian agent who develops a plan to move the Utes to a reservation?
14. Who is Victorio?
(a) An Apache leader
(b) Victorio is another name for Geronimo
(c) The Mexican who captures Geronimo
(d) A Comanche chief
15. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
(a) They are killed
(b) They kill 50 soldiers
(c) They are immediately arrested
(d) They retreat to the Badlands
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
2. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
3. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
4. In 1894 where does Geronimo go to live?
5. The Cheyennes are moved to what fort?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)