|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Santana and Big Tree are arrested who negotiates their release?
(a) Kicking Bird
(b) Lone Wolf
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Red Cloud
2. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
(a) The battle of White Bird Canyon
(b) The Battle of Wounded Knee
(c) The Battle of the Washita
(d) The Battle of the Rosebud
3. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(d) Northern California
4. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
(a) They are killed
(b) They retreat to the Badlands
(c) They are immediately arrested
(d) They kill 50 soldiers
5. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
(c) Nez Perce
6. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Comanches
(b) The Blackfoot
(c) The Crow
(d) The Utes
7. Where does Sitting Bull go in defiance of the US government?
(d) Red Cloud's reservation
8. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(a) Black Hawk
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Chief Joseph
9. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
(a) General Hancock
(b) General Custer
(c) General Sherman
(d) General Hood
10. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
11. Eventually the remaining Cheyennes are allowed to move to a reservation on what River?
(a) The Missouri River
(b) The Platte River
(c) The Powder River
(d) The Tongue River
12. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
13. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
(b) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(c) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(d) There are very few buffalo left
14. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(b) Help round up other indian tribes
(c) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
(d) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
15. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Ten Bears
(d) Sitting Bull
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
2. In what year was the last peace conference held, before the battle of the Little Big Horn?
3. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
4. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
5. In 1894 where does Geronimo go to live?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)