|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
(a) The Battle of the Rosebud
(b) The Battle of the Little Big Horn
(c) The Battle of Mount Rushmore
(d) The Battle of the Powder River
2. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Kicking Bear
(c) Sitting Bull
3. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
(b) Nez Perce
4. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
(a) The Black Hills
(b) The Grand Canyon
(c) The state of Idaho
5. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) To protect his sister
(b) To protect his sacred homeland
(c) The soldiers had killed his family
(d) To protect Hooker Jim
6. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he should be executed
(b) That he has no standing in court
(c) That he is a person like any other citizen
(d) That he can run for office
7. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
(a) The end of the civil war
(b) The absence of an Indian policy
(c) A poor court system
(d) The printed media
8. How does Sitting Bull die?
(a) He commits suicide
(b) He is arrested and shot by Indian officers
(c) He dies in a drunken stuper
(d) He is hanged for war crimes
9. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
10. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
(b) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(c) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(d) There are very few buffalo left
11. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(d) Nez Perces
12. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Washita Reservation
(b) Quapaw Reservation
(c) Tongue River Reservation
(d) Qualla Reservation
13. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
(a) St. Louis
(c) Fort Laramie
(d) Fort Richardson
14. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
(a) The Battle of Wounded Knee
(b) The Battle of the Rosebud
(c) The Battle of the Washita
(d) The battle of White Bird Canyon
15. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) Three Stars Crook
(c) General Sherman
(d) Indian agent Kemple
Short Answer Questions
1. When Santana and Big Tree are arrested who negotiates their release?
2. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
3. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
4. Dull Knife decides to leave the reservation to go to the reservation where what Chief now resides?
5. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)