|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sitting Bull go in defiance of the US government?
(c) Red Cloud's reservation
2. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Kidnaps him
(b) Turns him over to renegade indians
(c) Gives him to Hooker Jim
(d) Kills him
3. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
(a) The absence of an Indian policy
(b) The end of the civil war
(c) A poor court system
(d) The printed media
4. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
5. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(c) Northern California
6. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
(a) Hooker Jim
(b) The entire Modoc tribe
(c) Captain Jack's sister
(d) Captain Jack
7. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
8. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
9. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Crow
(b) The Blackfoot
(c) The Comanches
(d) The Utes
10. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
(a) The battle of White Bird Canyon
(b) The Battle of the Washita
(c) The Battle of the Rosebud
(d) The Battle of Wounded Knee
11. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
(a) South Dakota
12. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
(a) They are immediately arrested
(b) They retreat to the Badlands
(c) They are killed
(d) They kill 50 soldiers
13. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Laramie
(c) Fort Robinson
(d) Fort Donnelson
14. What Kiowa chief eventually leads the tribe off of the reservation?
(a) Ten Bears
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Crazy Horse
15. Who is Big Snake?
(a) Standing Bear's father
(b) Standing Bear's brother
(c) Standing Bear's Son
(d) Standing Bear's killer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
2. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
3. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
4. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
5. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)