|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually the remaining Cheyennes are allowed to move to a reservation on what River?
(a) The Missouri River
(b) The Powder River
(c) The Platte River
(d) The Tongue River
2. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
(a) He was killed by another Indian
(d) A broken heart
3. Who is the Indian agent who develops a plan to move the Utes to a reservation?
4. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
5. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
(a) St. Louis
(c) Fort Richardson
(d) Fort Laramie
6. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Report Canby to his superiors
(b) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
(c) Kidnap Canby
(d) Kill Canby
7. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Qualla Reservation
(b) Tongue River Reservation
(c) Washita Reservation
(d) Quapaw Reservation
8. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
(b) There are very few buffalo left
(c) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(d) They are tracked down by the soldiers
9. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he should be executed
(b) That he can run for office
(c) That he has no standing in court
(d) That he is a person like any other citizen
10. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Blackfoot
(b) The Comanches
(c) The Utes
(d) The Crow
11. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
(a) The National Geographic Survey
(b) The US Army Expeditiary Force
(c) The National Park Service
(d) The Lewis and Clark Expedition
12. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
(a) The state of Idaho
(b) The Grand Canyon
(d) The Black Hills
13. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Black Hawk
(c) Chief Joseph
14. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
(a) The printed media
(b) The absence of an Indian policy
(c) A poor court system
(d) The end of the civil war
15. In 1894 where does Geronimo go to live?
(a) Fort Robinson
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Levenworth Prison
(d) Fort Sill
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
2. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
3. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
4. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
5. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)