|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) There are very few buffalo left
(b) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(c) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(d) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
2. Where does Sitting Bull go in defiance of the US government?
(d) Red Cloud's reservation
3. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Surrender at Fort Cobb
(b) Return to a reservation
(c) Surrender at Fort Laramie
(d) Move to Canada
4. How does Chief Santana die?
(a) He dies of old age on the reservation
(b) He is killed by Lone Wolf
(c) He is killed in a raid on Fort Richardson
(d) He jumps from a prison hospital window
5. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
6. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Black Hawk
(d) Chief Joseph
7. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Utes
(b) The Blackfoot
(c) The Comanches
(d) The Crow
8. When Santana and Big Tree are arrested who negotiates their release?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Lone Wolf
(d) Sitting Bull
9. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) Three Stars Crook
(c) Indian agent Kemple
(d) General Sherman
10. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
(a) The Grand Canyon
(b) The Black Hills
(d) The state of Idaho
11. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
(a) South Dakota
12. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
13. Little Wolf's tribe is taken to what fort?
(a) Fort Keogh
(b) Fort Robinson
(c) Fort Ross
(d) Fort Laramie
14. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Qualla Reservation
(b) Tongue River Reservation
(c) Quapaw Reservation
(d) Washita Reservation
15. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
(a) Fort Laramie
(b) Fort Robinson
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Donnelson
Short Answer Questions
1. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
2. When does Geronimo die?
3. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
4. How does Sitting Bull die?
5. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)