|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Kiowa's forced to do by the white soldiers?
(a) Speak English
(c) Turn in their family members who are warriors
(d) Hunt buffalo for white settlers
2. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
(a) Chief Andrew
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Chief Zedekiah
(d) Chief Jeremiah
3. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
(a) Fort Laramie
(b) Fort Robinson
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Donnelson
4. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
(a) The Lewis and Clark Expedition
(b) The National Park Service
(c) The US Army Expeditiary Force
(d) The National Geographic Survey
5. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Blackfoot
(b) The Crow
(c) The Comanches
(d) The Utes
6. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Sioux
(b) The Apache
(c) The Nez Perce
(d) The Klamath
7. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) To protect Hooker Jim
(b) To protect his sister
(c) The soldiers had killed his family
(d) To protect his sacred homeland
8. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
(a) He surrenders to an Indian agent
(b) He moves into deep canyons
(c) He holds settlers as hostages
(d) Te moves to Mexico
9. What Kiowa chief eventually leads the tribe off of the reservation?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Ten Bears
(d) Sitting Bull
10. The Cheyennes are moved to what fort?
(a) Fort Reno
(b) Fort Connor
(c) Fort Robinson
(d) Fort Wise
11. Where were the Utes finally placed in 1881?
(b) the Indian territory
12. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(b) There are very few buffalo left
(c) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(d) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
13. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Chief Joseph
(d) Black Hawk
14. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
15. In 1894 where does Geronimo go to live?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Levenworth Prison
(c) Fort Sill
(d) Fort Robinson
Short Answer Questions
1. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
2. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
3. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
4. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
5. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)