|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dull Knife decides to leave the reservation to go to the reservation where what Chief now resides?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Crazy Horse
(d) Sitting Bull
2. Where were the Utes finally placed in 1881?
(d) the Indian territory
3. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
(a) A broken heart
(d) He was killed by another Indian
4. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
(a) The National Park Service
(b) The National Geographic Survey
(c) The US Army Expeditiary Force
(d) The Lewis and Clark Expedition
5. Who is Victorio?
(a) A Comanche chief
(b) Victorio is another name for Geronimo
(c) An Apache leader
(d) The Mexican who captures Geronimo
6. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Chief Zedekiah
(c) Chief Andrew
(d) Chief Jeremiah
7. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) To protect his sister
(b) To protect his sacred homeland
(c) The soldiers had killed his family
(d) To protect Hooker Jim
8. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Report Canby to his superiors
(b) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
(c) Kill Canby
(d) Kidnap Canby
9. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
(a) They are immediately arrested
(b) They kill 50 soldiers
(c) They retreat to the Badlands
(d) They are killed
10. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(d) Northern California
11. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Big Tree
(d) Lone Wolf
12. Of the 3,700,000 buffalo killed from 1872 to 1874 how many were killed by the Indian tribes?
13. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
(a) Some of the Indians started raiding white settlements
(b) Gold was discovered
(c) General Custer decides to start arresting Indians
(d) A train is built through the Black Hills
14. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) Three Stars Crook
(c) Indian agent Kemple
(d) General Sherman
15. In 1894 where does Geronimo go to live?
(a) Fort Sill
(b) Levenworth Prison
(c) Fort Robinson
(d) Fort Snelling
Short Answer Questions
1. When Geronimo is apprehended where is he taken?
2. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
3. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
4. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
5. In what year was the last peace conference held, before the battle of the Little Big Horn?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)