|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
(b) He was killed by another Indian
(d) A broken heart
2. Who is Victorio?
(a) The Mexican who captures Geronimo
(b) A Comanche chief
(c) An Apache leader
(d) Victorio is another name for Geronimo
3. Who is the Indian agent who develops a plan to move the Utes to a reservation?
4. What name is Kintpuash usually known by?
(a) Hooker Jim
(b) Captain Jack
(d) Ely Parker
5. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Black Hawk
6. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
(a) St. Louis
(b) Fort Richardson
(d) Fort Laramie
7. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
8. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Apache
(b) The Klamath
(c) The Nez Perce
(d) The Sioux
9. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
(a) Chief Andrew
(b) Chief Jeremiah
(c) Chief Zedekiah
(d) Chief Joseph
10. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Utes
(b) The Comanches
(c) The Blackfoot
(d) The Crow
11. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) There are very few buffalo left
(b) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(c) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
(d) They are tracked down by the soldiers
12. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
(b) Big Tree
(c) Kicking Bird
(d) Lone Wolf
13. Eventually the remaining Cheyennes are allowed to move to a reservation on what River?
(a) The Powder River
(b) The Missouri River
(c) The Tongue River
(d) The Platte River
14. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
(a) The Battle of the Powder River
(b) The Battle of the Rosebud
(c) The Battle of Mount Rushmore
(d) The Battle of the Little Big Horn
15. How does Chief Santana die?
(a) He jumps from a prison hospital window
(b) He is killed by Lone Wolf
(c) He dies of old age on the reservation
(d) He is killed in a raid on Fort Richardson
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the most famous Ute chief?
2. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
3. The Cheyennes are moved to what fort?
4. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
5. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)