|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Kicking Bear
2. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
3. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) The soldiers had killed his family
(b) To protect his sister
(c) To protect his sacred homeland
(d) To protect Hooker Jim
4. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
(a) Ghost gloves
(b) Ghost shoes
(c) Ghost shirts
(d) Ghost hats
5. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
(a) The entire Modoc tribe
(b) Captain Jack's sister
(c) Hooker Jim
(d) Captain Jack
6. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
(a) Chief Andrew
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Chief Zedekiah
(d) Chief Jeremiah
7. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
8. Where does Sitting Bull go in defiance of the US government?
(a) Red Cloud's reservation
9. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Sitting Bull
10. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(c) Northern California
11. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
12. Little Wolf's tribe is taken to what fort?
(a) Fort Robinson
(b) Fort Keogh
(c) Fort Laramie
(d) Fort Ross
13. Eventually the remaining Cheyennes are allowed to move to a reservation on what River?
(a) The Powder River
(b) The Platte River
(c) The Tongue River
(d) The Missouri River
14. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
(a) The US Army Expeditiary Force
(b) The Lewis and Clark Expedition
(c) The National Geographic Survey
(d) The National Park Service
15. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Comanches
(b) The Utes
(c) The Crow
(d) The Blackfoot
Short Answer Questions
1. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
2. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
3. What is the name of the most famous Ute chief?
4. Who launches a campaign to move the Utes all the way to the Indian territory?
5. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)