|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Victorio?
(a) Victorio is another name for Geronimo
(b) A Comanche chief
(c) An Apache leader
(d) The Mexican who captures Geronimo
2. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Apache
(b) The Sioux
(c) The Nez Perce
(d) The Klamath
3. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
(a) They kill 50 soldiers
(b) They are killed
(c) They are immediately arrested
(d) They retreat to the Badlands
4. Of the 3,700,000 buffalo killed from 1872 to 1874 how many were killed by the Indian tribes?
5. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Turns him over to renegade indians
(b) Kidnaps him
(c) Kills him
(d) Gives him to Hooker Jim
6. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
(a) Some of the Indians started raiding white settlements
(b) Gold was discovered
(c) A train is built through the Black Hills
(d) General Custer decides to start arresting Indians
7. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
(b) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(c) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
(d) Help round up other indian tribes
8. Where does Custer's last stand take place?
(a) The Battle of the Little Big Horn
(b) The Battle of Mount Rushmore
(c) The Battle of the Powder River
(d) The Battle of the Rosebud
9. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Crow
(b) The Comanches
(c) The Utes
(d) The Blackfoot
10. When Geronimo is apprehended where is he taken?
(c) New Mexico
11. In what year was the last peace conference held, before the battle of the Little Big Horn?
12. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Washita Reservation
(b) Qualla Reservation
(c) Tongue River Reservation
(d) Quapaw Reservation
13. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) Indian agent Kemple
(b) Three Stars Crook
(c) General Sherman
(d) General Sheridan
14. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
(a) He is killed by another Indian
(b) He is put in prison
(c) He is killed by a guard
(d) He has to walk home which is 500 miles away
15. How does Chief Santana die?
(a) He is killed in a raid on Fort Richardson
(b) He jumps from a prison hospital window
(c) He is killed by Lone Wolf
(d) He dies of old age on the reservation
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
2. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
3. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
4. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
5. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)