|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Chief Zedekiah
(c) Chief Jeremiah
(d) Chief Andrew
2. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Crazy Horse
3. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
4. Who launches a campaign to move the Utes all the way to the Indian territory?
5. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Turns him over to renegade indians
(b) Gives him to Hooker Jim
(c) Kills him
(d) Kidnaps him
6. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Custer
(c) General Hancock
(d) General Hood
7. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
(a) Fort Laramie
(b) Fort Robinson
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Donnelson
8. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
(a) Fort Laramie
(c) St. Louis
(d) Fort Richardson
9. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
(a) Nez Perce
10. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he should be executed
(b) That he is a person like any other citizen
(c) That he can run for office
(d) That he has no standing in court
11. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
(a) General Custer decides to start arresting Indians
(b) A train is built through the Black Hills
(c) Some of the Indians started raiding white settlements
(d) Gold was discovered
12. What is the name of the most famous Ute chief?
(a) Ouray the Arrow
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Little Bull
(d) Lone Pine
13. When Geronimo is apprehended where is he taken?
(a) New Mexico
14. Where does Captain Jack move his tribe?
(a) Death Valley
(b) The Canyonlands
(c) The California lava beds
(d) The Utah salt flats
15. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
(a) South Dakota
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
2. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
3. Dull Knife decides to leave the reservation to go to the reservation where what Chief now resides?
4. Who is the Indian agent who develops a plan to move the Utes to a reservation?
5. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)