|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(b) Nez Perces
2. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
(a) Captain Jack
(b) Captain Jack's sister
(c) The entire Modoc tribe
(d) Hooker Jim
3. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
(a) Fort Laramie
(b) St. Louis
(d) Fort Richardson
4. Eventually the remaining Cheyennes are allowed to move to a reservation on what River?
(a) The Platte River
(b) The Powder River
(c) The Missouri River
(d) The Tongue River
5. What are the Kiowa's forced to do by the white soldiers?
(a) Turn in their family members who are warriors
(c) Hunt buffalo for white settlers
(d) Speak English
6. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
7. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Kicking Bird
(d) Crazy Horse
8. Who negotiates with Geronimo for his surrender?
9. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(a) Chief Joseph
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Black Hawk
10. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
(b) Help round up other indian tribes
(c) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(d) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
11. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) Indian agent Kemple
(c) General Sherman
(d) Three Stars Crook
12. Where does Captain Jack move his tribe?
(a) The Utah salt flats
(b) Death Valley
(c) The Canyonlands
(d) The California lava beds
13. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
(a) He was killed by another Indian
(c) A broken heart
14. Who is Big Snake?
(a) Standing Bear's brother
(b) Standing Bear's father
(c) Standing Bear's Son
(d) Standing Bear's killer
15. Dull Knife decides to leave the reservation to go to the reservation where what Chief now resides?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Chief Joseph
(d) Sitting Bull
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
2. In what year was the last peace conference held, before the battle of the Little Big Horn?
3. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
4. What Kiowa chief eventually leads the tribe off of the reservation?
5. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)