|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Chief Zedekiah
(c) Chief Jeremiah
(d) Chief Andrew
2. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Surrender at Fort Cobb
(b) Surrender at Fort Laramie
(c) Return to a reservation
(d) Move to Canada
3. In what year was the last peace conference held, before the battle of the Little Big Horn?
4. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Kidnap Canby
(b) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
(c) Kill Canby
(d) Report Canby to his superiors
5. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he should be executed
(b) That he is a person like any other citizen
(c) That he has no standing in court
(d) That he can run for office
6. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Chief Joseph
(d) Black Hawk
7. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Apache
(b) The Nez Perce
(c) The Sioux
(d) The Klamath
8. Little Wolf's tribe is taken to what fort?
(a) Fort Laramie
(b) Fort Ross
(c) Fort Robinson
(d) Fort Keogh
9. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Help round up other indian tribes
(b) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(c) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
(d) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
10. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
(b) The state of Idaho
(c) The Grand Canyon
(d) The Black Hills
11. Where were the Utes finally placed in 1881?
(d) the Indian territory
12. What Kiowa chief eventually leads the tribe off of the reservation?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Ten Bears
(c) Kicking Bird
(d) Sitting Bull
13. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
14. What is the name of the most famous Ute chief?
(a) Ouray the Arrow
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Lone Pine
(d) Little Bull
15. Who is Big Snake?
(a) Standing Bear's killer
(b) Standing Bear's brother
(c) Standing Bear's father
(d) Standing Bear's Son
Short Answer Questions
1. Who negotiates with Geronimo for his surrender?
2. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
3. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
4. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
5. Who is Victorio?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)