|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
2. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
(a) Kicking Bird
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Ten Bears
3. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Red Cloud
(c) Kicking Bear
(d) Sitting Bull
4. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
(a) He was killed by another Indian
(d) A broken heart
5. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Turns him over to renegade indians
(b) Kidnaps him
(c) Kills him
(d) Gives him to Hooker Jim
6. The Cheyennes are moved to what fort?
(a) Fort Reno
(b) Fort Wise
(c) Fort Robinson
(d) Fort Connor
7. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
8. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Return to a reservation
(b) Surrender at Fort Cobb
(c) Move to Canada
(d) Surrender at Fort Laramie
9. Who is Victorio?
(a) A Comanche chief
(b) Victorio is another name for Geronimo
(c) An Apache leader
(d) The Mexican who captures Geronimo
10. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Klamath
(b) The Apache
(c) The Nez Perce
(d) The Sioux
11. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(a) Sitting Bull
(c) Chief Joseph
(d) Black Hawk
12. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Sitting Bull
13. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
14. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(d) Northern California
15. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who launches a campaign to move the Utes all the way to the Indian territory?
2. Eventually the remaining Cheyennes are allowed to move to a reservation on what River?
3. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
4. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
5. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)