|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
(a) Fort Robinson
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Laramie
(d) Fort Donnelson
2. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
(a) The state of Idaho
(b) The Black Hills
(d) The Grand Canyon
3. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(c) Nez Perces
4. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Nez Perce
(b) The Apache
(c) The Sioux
(d) The Klamath
5. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
6. What name is Kintpuash usually known by?
(a) Captain Jack
(c) Hooker Jim
(d) Ely Parker
7. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
(a) Hooker Jim
(b) Captain Jack
(c) Captain Jack's sister
(d) The entire Modoc tribe
8. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Quapaw Reservation
(b) Qualla Reservation
(c) Washita Reservation
(d) Tongue River Reservation
9. How does Chief Santana die?
(a) He is killed in a raid on Fort Richardson
(b) He dies of old age on the reservation
(c) He is killed by Lone Wolf
(d) He jumps from a prison hospital window
10. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
(a) Ghost hats
(b) Ghost shoes
(c) Ghost gloves
(d) Ghost shirts
11. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Utes
(b) The Comanches
(c) The Blackfoot
(d) The Crow
12. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
(c) South Dakota
13. In 1885 who joins Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Black Hawk
14. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he can run for office
(b) That he is a person like any other citizen
(c) That he has no standing in court
(d) That he should be executed
15. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
(a) Te moves to Mexico
(b) He moves into deep canyons
(c) He holds settlers as hostages
(d) He surrenders to an Indian agent
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
2. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
3. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
4. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
5. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)