|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sitting Bull die?
(a) He is hanged for war crimes
(b) He dies in a drunken stuper
(c) He commits suicide
(d) He is arrested and shot by Indian officers
2. When does Geronimo die?
3. What name is Kintpuash usually known by?
(b) Hooker Jim
(c) Captain Jack
(d) Ely Parker
4. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Nez Perce
(b) The Klamath
(c) The Apache
(d) The Sioux
5. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
(a) Te moves to Mexico
(b) He surrenders to an Indian agent
(c) He holds settlers as hostages
(d) He moves into deep canyons
6. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Qualla Reservation
(b) Washita Reservation
(c) Tongue River Reservation
(d) Quapaw Reservation
7. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
(a) A train is built through the Black Hills
(b) General Custer decides to start arresting Indians
(c) Gold was discovered
(d) Some of the Indians started raiding white settlements
8. Who negotiates with Geronimo for his surrender?
9. What is the name of the most famous Ute chief?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Little Bull
(c) Ouray the Arrow
(d) Lone Pine
10. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
(a) The battle of White Bird Canyon
(b) The Battle of Wounded Knee
(c) The Battle of the Washita
(d) The Battle of the Rosebud
11. What are the Kiowa's forced to do by the white soldiers?
(a) Speak English
(b) Turn in their family members who are warriors
(d) Hunt buffalo for white settlers
12. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he has no standing in court
(b) That he should be executed
(c) That he is a person like any other citizen
(d) That he can run for office
13. Where does Captain Jack move his tribe?
(a) The Canyonlands
(b) Death Valley
(c) The California lava beds
(d) The Utah salt flats
14. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(b) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
(c) There are very few buffalo left
(d) They have lost many of their hunting skills
15. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
(a) Fort Richardson
(b) St. Louis
(d) Fort Laramie
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
2. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
3. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
4. Where were the Utes finally placed in 1881?
5. When does Sitting Bull return to the United States?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)