|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Connor
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Sherman
2. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
(a) General Taylor
(b) General Wise
(c) General Howard
(d) General Hood
3. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Little Crow
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Red Cloud
4. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Carleton
(c) General Custer
(d) General Sheridan
5. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) Fort Apache
(b) Fort Ridgely
(c) Fort Pierce
(d) The Alamo
6. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
7. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(b) The treaty with the Sioux
(c) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
(d) The surrender terms at Appomattox
8. After his days in government, what does Donehogawa do?
(a) Returns to the military
(b) Becomes as movie star
(c) Moves out west to live with other indians
(d) Becomes wealthy as a New York businessman
9. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Chisholm Trail
(b) Trail of Tears
(c) Buncombe Turnpike
(d) Sorrowful Trail
10. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
(a) John Cabot
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Marco Polo
(d) Andrew Jackson
11. Who is Cochise's father in law?
(a) Baja California
(c) Mangas Colorado
12. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Crazy Horse
(d) Roman Nose
13. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
(a) Fort Ridgely
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Wise
(d) Fort Defiance
14. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
(a) Bosque Redondo
(b) Qualla Indian Boundary
(d) Fort Defiance
15. What does the term "Iron Horse" refer to?
(a) The train
(b) President Grant
(c) Nez Perce ponies
(d) The tenacity of the indians
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
2. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
3. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
4. What General led the Cherokee relocation?
5. Some Cheyennes and Arapaho Indians move into what part of Kansas to hunt?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)