|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Little Horse
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Dull Knife
(d) Red Cloud
2. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
(a) To open up more forts
(b) To hunt down renegade indians
(c) To build a railroad
(d) To hunt for Confederate soldiers
3. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
(a) Fort Sumpter
(b) The Alamo
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Apache
4. Who is Cochise's father in law?
(a) Baja California
(c) Mangas Colorado
5. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(b) They are trying to get to Canada
(c) There are more white settlers to kill
(d) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
6. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
(a) The Little Big Horn River
(b) The Rio Grande River
(c) The Washita River
(d) The Yellow Medicine River
7. How long does Red Cloud's war last?
(a) About 1 month
(b) About 6 months
(c) About 10 years
(d) About 2 years
8. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) King Phillip
(b) Captain Jack
(d) Red Cloud
9. Cochise dies in what year?
10. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Connor
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Custer
11. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
(a) Crazy Horse
12. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Lean Bear
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Running Bear
13. After his days in government, what does Donehogawa do?
(a) Becomes wealthy as a New York businessman
(b) Becomes as movie star
(c) Returns to the military
(d) Moves out west to live with other indians
14. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Trail of Tears
(b) Sorrowful Trail
(c) Chisholm Trail
(d) Buncombe Turnpike
15. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) the Ute
(b) The Santee Sioux
(c) The Cheyenne
(d) The Comanche
Short Answer Questions
1. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
2. Where does Roman Nose die?
3. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
4. Who does Roman Nose specifically refuse to meet with?
5. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)