|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Donehogawa's "Christian name"?
(a) John Michael Smith
(b) Brigham Young
(c) Ely Samuel Parker
(d) William Tecumseh Sherman
2. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) Red Cloud
(c) Captain Jack
(d) King Phillip
3. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) Andrew Johnson
(b) John Adams
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) John Quincy Adams
4. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(b) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(c) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
(d) The treaty with the Sioux
5. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
(a) Fort Defiance
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Wise
(d) Fort Ridgely
6. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
(a) Atttacks unsuspecting villages
(b) Hangs several chiefs
(c) Declares war on all indians
(d) Goes back to Washington
7. What does the term "Iron Horse" refer to?
(a) The tenacity of the indians
(b) Nez Perce ponies
(c) The train
(d) President Grant
8. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
(a) Ffrom the white soldiers
(b) From English settlers
(c) From Spanish explorers
(d) From tribes to the north
9. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
(a) Cattle Drives
(b) California Gold rush
(c) Lewis and Clark Expedition
(d) Oklahoma Claims
10. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Connor massacre
(b) The Washita massacre
(c) The Donnor massacre
(d) The Fetterman massacre
11. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
(a) 100 Years War
(b) War of 1812
(c) French and Indian War
(d) Revolutionary War
12. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) Andrew Johnson
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) William Sherman
13. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) The Massacre at Sand Creek
(b) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
(c) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
(d) The Battle of the Washita
14. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
(b) Crazy Horse
15. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) William Henry Harrison
(b) Winfield Scott Hancock
(c) William Tecumseh Sherman
(d) George Armstrong Custer
Short Answer Questions
1. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
2. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
3. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
4. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
5. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)