|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
(a) Qualla Indian Boundary
(c) Bosque Redondo
(d) Fort Defiance
2. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(b) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(c) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
(d) The treaty with the Sioux
3. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
(b) Mangas Colorado
4. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
(a) The US soldiers
(b) His own sons
(c) His Indian wife
(d) The Cheyenne nation
5. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) Winfield Scott Hancock
(b) William Henry Harrison
(c) William Tecumseh Sherman
(d) George Armstrong Custer
6. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
(a) Secretary of the Interior
(b) Secretary of State
(c) Commissioner of Indian Affairs
(d) War Secretary
7. Under what President did Donehogawa serve?
8. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
(a) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail
(b) Dull Knife and Sitting Bull
(c) Chief Joseph and Captain Jack
(d) Roman Nose and Little Horse
9. Which warrior refuses to attend thus stopping the talks?
(a) Roman Nose
(b) Man Afraid of his Horses
(c) Dull Knife
(d) Red Cloud
10. What is the name of a new road through Red Cloud's country?
(a) Buncombe Turnpike
(b) Bozeman road
(c) Donnor trail
(d) Chishom trail
11. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
(a) Sharp Knife
(b) Long Hair
(c) Old Hickory
(d) Gray Ghost
12. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
(a) From English settlers
(b) From tribes to the north
(c) Ffrom the white soldiers
(d) From Spanish explorers
13. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Connor
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Sherman
14. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Tree
(b) Standing Deer
(c) Dull Knife
(d) Little Horse
15. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
(a) He attacks the court judge
(b) He has no reaction
(c) He escapes and moves to Mexico
(d) He escapes and kills three white men
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
2. Cochise dies in what year?
3. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
4. Where are most of the warring Sioux at this time?
5. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)