|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
(d) Crazy Horse
2. Where does Roman Nose die?
(a) Powder River
(b) Little Big Horn River
(c) Arikaree Valley
(d) Washita River
3. Who does Roman Nose specifically refuse to meet with?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Custer
(c) General Taylor
(d) General Sherman
4. After his days in government, what does Donehogawa do?
(a) Returns to the military
(b) Moves out west to live with other indians
(c) Becomes wealthy as a New York businessman
(d) Becomes as movie star
5. Why do Donehogawa's critics think he should be removed from office?
(a) He is too close to General Grant
(b) He is too pro-indian
(c) He is too militaristic
(d) He was too hard on General Hancock
6. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
7. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) John Adams
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) John Quincy Adams
(d) Andrew Johnson
8. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) John Clark
(b) Patrick Connor
(c) John Bent
(d) James Sawyers
9. The Sioux chiefs are invited to a peace conference at what fort?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Laramie
(c) Fort Wise
(d) Fort Connor
10. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
(a) Chief Joseph and Captain Jack
(b) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail
(c) Dull Knife and Sitting Bull
(d) Roman Nose and Little Horse
11. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
(a) Chief Black Kettle
(b) Chief One Eye
(c) Chief Sitting Bull
(d) Chief Lean Bear
12. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
(a) Surrendering to General Connor
(b) Moving on into Canada
(c) Coming to Fort Laramie
(d) Moving to the reservation
13. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
(a) The Cheyenne nation
(b) His own sons
(c) The US soldiers
(d) His Indian wife
14. Where does Red Cloud deliver an address on Indian rights?
(b) New York City
(d) St. Louis
15. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
(a) He is promoted
(b) He is killed
(c) He is removed from his command
(d) He is courtmartialed
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
2. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
3. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
4. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
5. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)