|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) A musket
(b) A silver dollar
(d) An American flag
2. Who does Roman Nose specifically refuse to meet with?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Sheridan
(c) General Taylor
(d) General Sherman
3. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
(a) He moved south to Mexico
(b) He ran into the hill country
(c) He tried to live at peace
(d) He immediately tried to drive them away
4. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Little Crow
5. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
(a) General Howard
(b) General Hood
(c) General Wise
(d) General Taylor
6. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
(b) The Massacre at Sand Creek
(c) The Battle of the Washita
(d) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
7. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
(a) George Custer
(b) John Bent
(c) Kit Carson
(d) William Sherman
8. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
9. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
(a) Fort Defiance
(b) Fort Wise
(c) Fort Tularosa
(d) Fort Apache
10. Under what President did Donehogawa serve?
11. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) John Quincy Adams
(b) John Adams
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Andrew Johnson
12. Why do Donehogawa's critics think he should be removed from office?
(a) He is too militaristic
(b) He is too close to General Grant
(c) He was too hard on General Hancock
(d) He is too pro-indian
13. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
(a) The establishment of a new fort
(b) The establishment of a new stagecoach line
(c) The assasination of Abraham Lincoln
(d) The establishment of a cattle drive
14. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
(a) Secretary of State
(b) Secretary of the Interior
(c) War Secretary
(d) Commissioner of Indian Affairs
15. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
(a) Surrendering to General Connor
(b) Moving to the reservation
(c) Coming to Fort Laramie
(d) Moving on into Canada
Short Answer Questions
1. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
2. Which warrior refuses to attend thus stopping the talks?
3. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
4. Cochise dies in what year?
5. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)