|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
(a) Coming to Fort Laramie
(b) Surrendering to General Connor
(c) Moving to the reservation
(d) Moving on into Canada
2. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
3. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
(a) Fort Wise
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Ridgely
4. Roman Nose gets upset with a woman preparing his food because she does what?
(a) Fails to use wild buffalo
(b) Makes the food too hot
(c) Uses white man's food
(d) Uses a metal spoon
5. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
(a) A Mormon missionary
(b) An Apache medicine man
(c) A US Army Surgeon
(d) A Doctor from Reno, Nevada
6. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
(b) Crazy Horse
7. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(b) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(c) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(d) The idea that Native Americans are the
8. What does the term "Iron Horse" refer to?
(a) Nez Perce ponies
(b) The train
(c) President Grant
(d) The tenacity of the indians
9. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
(a) The Cheyenne nation
(b) The US soldiers
(c) His own sons
(d) His Indian wife
10. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
(a) Lean Bear
(b) Running Bear
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Sitting Bull
11. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Sheridan
(c) General Custer
(d) General Connor
12. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
(a) The capture and death of Mangus Colorado
(b) He is lied to at a treaty conference
(c) He is recaptured and imprisoned
(d) The murder of his wife
13. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
14. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) King Phillip
(b) Captain Jack
(d) Red Cloud
15. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Sign a temporary treaty
(b) Kill and mutilate him
(c) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
(d) Run him out of their territory
Short Answer Questions
1. After his days in government, what does Donehogawa do?
2. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
3. What is the name of a new road through Red Cloud's country?
4. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
5. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)