|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
(a) Bosque Redondo
(b) Wounded Knee
(c) The Little Big Horn
2. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that Native Americans are the
(b) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(c) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(d) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) John Bent
(b) John Clark
(c) James Sawyers
(d) Patrick Connor
4. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
(a) The Alamo
(b) Fort Sumpter
(c) Fort Apache
(d) Fort Defiance
5. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
(a) California Gold rush
(b) Oklahoma Claims
(c) Cattle Drives
(d) Lewis and Clark Expedition
6. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
(a) Fort Wise
(b) Fort Apache
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Tularosa
7. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
(a) Secretary of the Interior
(b) Secretary of State
(c) Commissioner of Indian Affairs
(d) War Secretary
8. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) Winfield Scott
(b) Ely Parker
(c) William Sherman
(d) US Grant
9. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
(a) Major Wynkoop
(b) General Sheridan
(c) Chief One Eye
(d) Chief Lean Bear
10. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
(a) Chief Manuelito is hanged
(b) Chief Manuelito's prize horse is butchered
(c) The soldiers kill all of the Navajo
(d) The soldiers run the Navajo out of the fort
11. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
12. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
(a) He escapes and moves to Mexico
(b) He has no reaction
(c) He attacks the court judge
(d) He escapes and kills three white men
13. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
14. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
(d) Mangas Colorado
15. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
(a) The Outlaws of Cheyenne
(b) The Sand Creek survivors
(c) The Laramie Loafers
(d) The Friends of Lincoln
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
2. Which warrior refuses to attend thus stopping the talks?
3. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
4. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
5. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)