|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Buffalo hunting
(b) Opening the Denver mint
(c) California gold rush
(d) Pike's Peak gold rush
2. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
(a) The Yellow Medicine River
(b) The Rio Grande River
(c) The Washita River
(d) The Little Big Horn River
3. Why do Donehogawa's critics think he should be removed from office?
(a) He is too militaristic
(b) He is too close to General Grant
(c) He is too pro-indian
(d) He was too hard on General Hancock
4. Along what river does Red Cloud want his people to reside?
(a) Raccoon river
(b) Missouri river
(c) Colorado river
(d) Platte river
5. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
(a) Chief Joseph and Captain Jack
(b) Roman Nose and Little Horse
(c) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail
(d) Dull Knife and Sitting Bull
6. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
7. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
(a) 100 Years War
(b) War of 1812
(c) Revolutionary War
(d) French and Indian War
8. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Washita massacre
(b) The Fetterman massacre
(c) The Connor massacre
(d) The Donnor massacre
9. Who does Roman Nose specifically refuse to meet with?
(a) General Taylor
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Custer
(d) General Sheridan
10. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
(a) A congressional task force
(b) General Sherman's army
(c) New soldiers fresh from the Civil War
(d) A peace commission
11. What General led the Cherokee relocation?
(a) William Sherman
(b) George Custer
(c) William Sheridan
(d) Winfield Scott
12. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
(a) Ghost warriors
(b) Storm troopers
(c) Dog soldiers
(d) Friends of the Great Spirit
13. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
(a) The Comanche
(b) the Apache
(c) The Santee Sioux
(d) The Navajo
14. Where does Roman Nose die?
(a) Washita River
(b) Arikaree Valley
(c) Powder River
(d) Little Big Horn River
15. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
(a) Crazy Horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
2. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
3. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
4. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
5. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)