|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
(a) It was legal for any white man to kill any hostile indian
(b) It was legal for any soldier to kill any indian
(c) It was illegal for any indian to kill any white man
(d) It was illegal for any indian to reside in Colorado
2. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(b) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(c) The treaty with the Sioux
(d) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
3. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Colorado river
(b) Arkansas river
(c) Washita river
(d) Rio Grande river
4. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) US Grant
(b) Winfield Scott
(c) William Sherman
(d) Ely Parker
5. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
(a) General Taylor
(b) General Wise
(c) General Howard
(d) General Hood
6. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
(a) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail
(b) Dull Knife and Sitting Bull
(c) Roman Nose and Little Horse
(d) Chief Joseph and Captain Jack
7. Who is Cochise's father in law?
(a) Baja California
(c) Mangas Colorado
8. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
(a) Fort Wise
(b) Fort Tularosa
(c) Fort Apache
(d) Fort Defiance
9. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
10. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(b) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(c) There are more white settlers to kill
(d) They are trying to get to Canada
11. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
(a) Fort Wise
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Ridgely
12. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
(a) Hangs several chiefs
(b) Goes back to Washington
(c) Declares war on all indians
(d) Atttacks unsuspecting villages
13. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
(a) Secretary of the Interior
(b) Commissioner of Indian Affairs
(c) War Secretary
(d) Secretary of State
14. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
(a) Little Crow
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Crazy Horse
15. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
2. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
3. At what location are most of the Cheyennes Indians massacred?
4. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
5. Cochise dies in what year?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)