|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
(a) He is promoted
(b) He is killed
(c) He is removed from his command
(d) He is courtmartialed
2. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
(a) General Carleton
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Custer
(d) General Sheridan
3. Where does Red Cloud insist his people should be allowed to trade?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Wise
(c) Fort Laramie
(d) Fort Connor
4. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) The Massacre at Sand Creek
(b) The Battle of the Washita
(c) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
(d) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
5. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
(a) His Indian wife
(b) The US soldiers
(c) His own sons
(d) The Cheyenne nation
6. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They leave to attack settlers
(b) they don't have enough food
(c) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(d) They leave to attack other Indians
7. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Connor massacre
(b) The Washita massacre
(c) The Donnor massacre
(d) The Fetterman massacre
8. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
(a) From Spanish explorers
(b) Ffrom the white soldiers
(c) From English settlers
(d) From tribes to the north
9. In 1868 what does Red Cloud do?
(a) Leaves the Powder River territory
(b) Attacks Fort Laramie
(c) Agrees to a peace treaty
(d) Moves into Canada
10. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Little Horse
(c) Dull Knife
(d) Sitting Bull
11. Which warrior refuses to attend thus stopping the talks?
(a) Roman Nose
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Man Afraid of his Horses
(d) Dull Knife
12. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
(a) Gray Ghost
(b) Old Hickory
(c) Sharp Knife
(d) Long Hair
13. Some Cheyennes and Arapaho Indians move into what part of Kansas to hunt?
(a) Black Hills
(b) Powder River
(c) Smoky Hill
(d) Little Big Horn Mountain
14. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
(a) Meriweather Lewis
(b) Kit Carson
(c) Bat Masterson
15. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
(a) General Hood
(b) General Wise
(c) General Howard
(d) General Taylor
Short Answer Questions
1. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
2. What government position does Donehogawa hold?
3. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
4. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
5. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)