|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
(a) A US Army Surgeon
(b) A Doctor from Reno, Nevada
(c) A Mormon missionary
(d) An Apache medicine man
2. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) John Bent
(b) Patrick Connor
(c) James Sawyers
(d) John Clark
3. Some Cheyennes and Arapaho Indians move into what part of Kansas to hunt?
(a) Black Hills
(b) Smoky Hill
(c) Powder River
(d) Little Big Horn Mountain
4. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Fetterman massacre
(b) The Donnor massacre
(c) The Connor massacre
(d) The Washita massacre
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They leave to attack other Indians
(b) they don't have enough food
(c) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(d) They leave to attack settlers
6. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) Andrew Johnson
(b) John Quincy Adams
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) John Adams
7. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) the Ute
(b) The Cheyenne
(c) The Comanche
(d) The Santee Sioux
8. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Little Horse
(d) Dull Knife
9. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) A silver dollar
(b) A musket
(d) An American flag
10. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
(a) The Chiracahua Mountains
(b) The Grand Canyon
(c) Death Valley
(d) The Rio Grande basin
11. Along what river does Red Cloud want his people to reside?
(a) Raccoon river
(b) Missouri river
(c) Colorado river
(d) Platte river
12. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
13. Cochise dies in what year?
14. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(b) There are more white settlers to kill
(c) They are trying to get to Canada
(d) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
15. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) King Phillip
(d) Captain Jack
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
2. What does the term "Iron Horse" refer to?
3. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
4. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
5. Roman Nose gets upset with a woman preparing his food because she does what?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)