|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along what river does Red Cloud want his people to reside?
(a) Missouri river
(b) Colorado river
(c) Platte river
(d) Raccoon river
2. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
(a) 100 Years War
(b) War of 1812
(c) French and Indian War
(d) Revolutionary War
3. Some Cheyennes and Arapaho Indians move into what part of Kansas to hunt?
(a) Little Big Horn Mountain
(b) Black Hills
(c) Smoky Hill
(d) Powder River
4. How is Manuelito cheated in this event?
(a) His gun sights are changed
(b) The horse reins are cut
(c) His dueling gun is jammed
(d) His foot trail is longer
5. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Little Crow
6. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
(a) Fort Wise
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Tularosa
(d) Fort Apache
7. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
(a) John Bent
(b) William Sherman
(c) George Custer
(d) Kit Carson
8. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
9. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
(a) Dog soldiers
(b) Storm troopers
(c) Ghost warriors
(d) Friends of the Great Spirit
10. Where does Red Cloud insist his people should be allowed to trade?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Wise
(c) Fort Laramie
(d) Fort Connor
11. Where does Red Cloud deliver an address on Indian rights?
(a) St. Louis
(c) New York City
12. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(b) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(c) There are more white settlers to kill
(d) They are trying to get to Canada
13. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Donnor massacre
(b) The Connor massacre
(c) The Fetterman massacre
(d) The Washita massacre
14. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) A musket
(c) A silver dollar
(d) An American flag
15. Why do Donehogawa's critics think he should be removed from office?
(a) He was too hard on General Hancock
(b) He is too pro-indian
(c) He is too militaristic
(d) He is too close to General Grant
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a new road through Red Cloud's country?
2. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
3. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
4. Cochise dies in what year?
5. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)