|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Red Cloud's war last?
(a) About 1 month
(b) About 10 years
(c) About 2 years
(d) About 6 months
2. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
3. Where does Roman Nose die?
(a) Washita River
(b) Powder River
(c) Little Big Horn River
(d) Arikaree Valley
4. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
(a) It was legal for any soldier to kill any indian
(b) It was legal for any white man to kill any hostile indian
(c) It was illegal for any indian to kill any white man
(d) It was illegal for any indian to reside in Colorado
5. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
(a) Roman Nose
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Crazy Horse
(d) Red Cloud
6. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Santee Sioux
(b) The Comanche
(c) The Cheyenne
(d) the Ute
7. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
(a) The Little Big Horn River
(b) The Washita River
(c) The Yellow Medicine River
(d) The Rio Grande River
8. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Lean Bear
(c) Crazy Horse
(d) Black Kettle
9. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
(b) Crazy Horse
10. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) US Grant
(b) Ely Parker
(c) William Sherman
(d) Winfield Scott
11. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
(a) The soldiers run the Navajo out of the fort
(b) Chief Manuelito's prize horse is butchered
(c) The soldiers kill all of the Navajo
(d) Chief Manuelito is hanged
12. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
13. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
(a) Kit Carson
(b) Edward Wynkoop
(c) John Bent
(d) William Sheridan
14. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
(a) Death Valley
(b) The Chiracahua Mountains
(c) The Grand Canyon
(d) The Rio Grande basin
15. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
(a) He moved south to Mexico
(b) He immediately tried to drive them away
(c) He tried to live at peace
(d) He ran into the hill country
Short Answer Questions
1. After his days in government, what does Donehogawa do?
2. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
3. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
4. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
5. How long does Little Crow's War last?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)