|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Geronimo avoid being caught by US soldiers?
(a) He moves into deep canyons
(b) He holds settlers as hostages
(c) Te moves to Mexico
(d) He surrenders to an Indian agent
2. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Sorrowful Trail
(b) Trail of Tears
(c) Buncombe Turnpike
(d) Chisholm Trail
3. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
(a) Fort Defiance
(b) Fort Ridgely
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Wise
4. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
(a) Major Wynkoop
(b) Chief Lean Bear
(c) Chief One Eye
(d) General Sheridan
5. Who is the Indian agent who develops a plan to move the Utes to a reservation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Little Crow's War last?
2. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
3. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
4. What item of clothing are followers of the Ghost Dance supposed to possess?
5. Along what river does Red Cloud want his people to reside?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)