|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
(a) Chief Manuelito is hanged
(b) The soldiers run the Navajo out of the fort
(c) The soldiers kill all of the Navajo
(d) Chief Manuelito's prize horse is butchered
2. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) Andrew Johnson
(b) John Quincy Adams
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) John Adams
3. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Sioux
(b) The Klamath
(c) The Apache
(d) The Nez Perce
4. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
(a) The Grand Canyon
(b) The Chiracahua Mountains
(c) The Rio Grande basin
(d) Death Valley
5. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
(a) General Hancock
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Hood
(d) General Custer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
2. Where were the Utes finally placed in 1881?
3. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
4. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
5. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)