|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
(a) Wounded Knee
(b) Bosque Redondo
(c) The Little Big Horn
2. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
(a) A train is built through the Black Hills
(b) Gold was discovered
(c) Some of the Indians started raiding white settlements
(d) General Custer decides to start arresting Indians
3. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
(a) To hunt for Confederate soldiers
(b) To open up more forts
(c) To build a railroad
(d) To hunt down renegade indians
4. The Cheyennes are moved to what fort?
(a) Fort Reno
(b) Fort Connor
(c) Fort Robinson
(d) Fort Wise
5. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Surrender at Fort Cobb
(b) Return to a reservation
(c) Move to Canada
(d) Surrender at Fort Laramie
Short Answer Questions
1. Cochise dies in what year?
2. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
3. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
4. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
5. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)