|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
2. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(b) There are more white settlers to kill
(c) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(d) They are trying to get to Canada
3. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
(a) The Laramie Loafers
(b) The Sand Creek survivors
(c) The Friends of Lincoln
(d) The Outlaws of Cheyenne
4. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Ten Bears
(d) Sitting Bull
5. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
(a) Mangas Colorado
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
2. How long does Little Crow's War last?
3. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
4. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
5. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)