|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) Ely Parker
(b) William Sherman
(c) US Grant
(d) Winfield Scott
2. What are the Kiowa's forced to do by the white soldiers?
(b) Hunt buffalo for white settlers
(c) Speak English
(d) Turn in their family members who are warriors
3. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
(a) John Cabot
(b) Marco Polo
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Christopher Columbus
4. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) Fort Ridgely
(b) The Alamo
(c) Fort Apache
(d) Fort Pierce
5. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) William Tecumseh Sherman
(b) Winfield Scott Hancock
(c) George Armstrong Custer
(d) William Henry Harrison
Short Answer Questions
1. What important document did Donehogawa write?
2. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
3. What does the term "Iron Horse" refer to?
4. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
5. Where does Crazy Horse surrender his tribe?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)