|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
(a) Chief Lean Bear
(b) Chief One Eye
(c) Chief Sitting Bull
(d) Chief Black Kettle
2. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
(a) It was legal for any white man to kill any hostile indian
(b) It was illegal for any indian to kill any white man
(c) It was legal for any soldier to kill any indian
(d) It was illegal for any indian to reside in Colorado
3. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) There are very few buffalo left
(b) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(c) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(d) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
4. Who is Big Snake?
(a) Standing Bear's father
(b) Standing Bear's killer
(c) Standing Bear's brother
(d) Standing Bear's Son
5. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) Patrick Connor
(b) James Sawyers
(c) John Clark
(d) John Bent
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
2. How does Little Crow die?
3. Who is the founder of the Ghost Dance religion?
4. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
5. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)