|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
(a) Lewis and Clark Expedition
(b) Oklahoma Claims
(c) Cattle Drives
(d) California Gold rush
2. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
(a) The Rio Grande basin
(b) The Grand Canyon
(c) Death Valley
(d) The Chiracahua Mountains
3. Dull Knife decides to leave the reservation to go to the reservation where what Chief now resides?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Chief Joseph
4. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
(a) The Comanche
(b) The Santee Sioux
(c) The Navajo
(d) the Apache
5. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
(b) Kill Canby
(c) Kidnap Canby
(d) Report Canby to his superiors
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
2. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
3. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
4. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
5. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)