|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
(a) He was killed by another Indian
(d) A broken heart
2. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
(b) Run him out of their territory
(c) Kill and mutilate him
(d) Sign a temporary treaty
3. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Cheyenne
(b) the Ute
(c) The Santee Sioux
(d) The Comanche
4. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Colorado river
(b) Rio Grande river
(c) Washita river
(d) Arkansas river
5. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) US Grant
(b) Winfield Scott
(c) William Sherman
(d) Ely Parker
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
2. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
3. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
4. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
5. Donehogawa's "Christian name"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)