|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) Indian agent Kemple
(c) Three Stars Crook
(d) General Sherman
2. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
(a) He has no reaction
(b) He escapes and kills three white men
(c) He attacks the court judge
(d) He escapes and moves to Mexico
3. Who is Cochise's father in law?
(a) Baja California
(c) Mangas Colorado
4. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Connor
(c) General Custer
(d) General Sheridan
5. What does the term "Iron Horse" refer to?
(a) The tenacity of the indians
(b) The train
(c) President Grant
(d) Nez Perce ponies
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
2. In what year was the last peace conference held, before the battle of the Little Big Horn?
3. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
4. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
5. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)