|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dance of the Ghosts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Chisholm Trail
(b) Buncombe Turnpike
(c) Trail of Tears
(d) Sorrowful Trail
2. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Blackfoot
(b) The Utes
(c) The Comanches
(d) The Crow
3. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
(a) Fort Defiance
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Sherman
(d) Fort Ridgely
4. Under what President did Donehogawa serve?
5. What is the name of the most famous Ute chief?
(a) Lone Pine
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Little Bull
(d) Ouray the Arrow
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
2. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
3. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
4. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
5. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)