|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Washita massacre
(b) The Fetterman massacre
(c) The Connor massacre
(d) The Donnor massacre
2. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) There are very few buffalo left
(b) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
(c) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(d) They have lost many of their hunting skills
3. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
4. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Hancock
(c) General Custer
(d) General Sheridan
5. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
(a) He moved south to Mexico
(b) He tried to live at peace
(c) He immediately tried to drive them away
(d) He ran into the hill country
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Little Crow's War last?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
4. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
5. What does the term "Iron Horse" refer to?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)