|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
(a) Ffrom the white soldiers
(b) From tribes to the north
(c) From English settlers
(d) From Spanish explorers
2. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(b) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(c) There are very few buffalo left
(d) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
3. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
(a) The soldiers kill all of the Navajo
(b) The soldiers run the Navajo out of the fort
(c) Chief Manuelito's prize horse is butchered
(d) Chief Manuelito is hanged
4. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
(a) The establishment of a new stagecoach line
(b) The assasination of Abraham Lincoln
(c) The establishment of a new fort
(d) The establishment of a cattle drive
5. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
(a) The Comanche
(b) The Navajo
(c) The Santee Sioux
(d) the Apache
Short Answer Questions
1. Dull Knife decides to leave the reservation to go to the reservation where what Chief now resides?
2. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
3. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
4. What event does Manuelito challenge a US officer to compete in?
5. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)