|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They are trying to get to Canada
(b) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(c) There are more white settlers to kill
(d) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
2. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
(c) Nez Perce
3. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Colorado river
(b) Arkansas river
(c) Washita river
(d) Rio Grande river
4. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
(a) The Blackfoot
(b) The Utes
(c) The Crow
(d) The Comanches
5. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Custer
(c) General Hancock
(d) General Sherman
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
2. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
3. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
4. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
5. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)