|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
(a) Fort Apache
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Wise
(d) Fort Tularosa
2. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
(b) They have lost many of their hunting skills
(c) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(d) There are very few buffalo left
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) James Sawyers
(b) John Bent
(c) John Clark
(d) Patrick Connor
4. How long does Little Crow's War last?
(a) 1 month
(b) 1 year
(c) 6 months
(d) 1 week
5. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Washita Reservation
(b) Qualla Reservation
(c) Tongue River Reservation
(d) Quapaw Reservation
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
2. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
3. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
4. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
5. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)