|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
(d) Mangas Colorado
2. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) John Bent
(b) James Sawyers
(c) Patrick Connor
(d) John Clark
3. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
4. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) US Grant
(b) William Sherman
(c) Winfield Scott
(d) Ely Parker
5. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) John Adams
(b) Andrew Johnson
(c) John Quincy Adams
(d) Andrew Jackson
Short Answer Questions
1. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
2. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
3. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
4. What General led the Cherokee relocation?
5. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)