|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Standing Deer
(b) Little Tree
(c) Little Horse
(d) Dull Knife
2. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) King Phillip
(b) Red Cloud
(d) Captain Jack
3. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) William Sherman
(c) Andrew Johnson
(d) Abraham Lincoln
4. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Carleton
5. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
(a) The capture and death of Mangus Colorado
(b) He is recaptured and imprisoned
(c) He is lied to at a treaty conference
(d) The murder of his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1904 what caused the death of Chief Joseph?
2. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
3. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
4. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
5. The Cheyennes are moved to what fort?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)