|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
(a) Chief Andrew
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Chief Jeremiah
(d) Chief Zedekiah
2. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
(a) Marco Polo
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) John Cabot
(d) Andrew Jackson
3. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
(b) Mangas Colorado
4. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(c) Nez Perces
5. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
(a) Cattle Drives
(b) California Gold rush
(c) Lewis and Clark Expedition
(d) Oklahoma Claims
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
2. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
3. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
4. Cochise is a chief for what tribe?
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)