|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
(a) Moving to the reservation
(b) Surrendering to General Connor
(c) Coming to Fort Laramie
(d) Moving on into Canada
2. What are the Kiowa's forced to do by the white soldiers?
(a) Speak English
(b) Hunt buffalo for white settlers
(d) Turn in their family members who are warriors
3. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
4. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
(b) Run him out of their territory
(c) Kill and mutilate him
(d) Sign a temporary treaty
5. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
(a) Hooker Jim
(b) The entire Modoc tribe
(c) Captain Jack's sister
(d) Captain Jack
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Utes finally placed in 1881?
2. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
3. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
4. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
5. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)