|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
(b) Nez Perce
2. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
(b) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
(c) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(d) Help round up other indian tribes
3. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
(a) From English settlers
(b) From tribes to the north
(c) From Spanish explorers
(d) Ffrom the white soldiers
4. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) William Sherman
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Andrew Johnson
5. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What important document did Donehogawa write?
2. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
3. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
4. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
5. Cochise is a chief for what tribe?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)