|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Roman Nose
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Little Horse
(d) Captain Jack
2. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Chisholm Trail
(b) Sorrowful Trail
(c) Trail of Tears
(d) Buncombe Turnpike
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) James Sawyers
(b) Patrick Connor
(c) John Clark
(d) John Bent
4. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
(a) Edward Wynkoop
(b) William Sheridan
(c) John Bent
(d) Kit Carson
5. What name is Kintpuash usually known by?
(a) Captain Jack
(b) Hooker Jim
(c) Ely Parker
Short Answer Questions
1. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
2. Which warrior refuses to attend thus stopping the talks?
3. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
4. Who does Roman Nose specifically refuse to meet with?
5. Where were the Utes finally placed in 1881?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)