|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(b) Northern California
2. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
(a) The end of the civil war
(b) The absence of an Indian policy
(c) The printed media
(d) A poor court system
3. When some of the Cheyennes are allowed to go hunt buffalo, what do they find?
(a) Their lands are overrun with white settlers
(b) They are tracked down by the soldiers
(c) There are very few buffalo left
(d) They have lost many of their hunting skills
4. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Roman Nose
(d) Sitting Bull
5. Who launches a campaign to move the Utes all the way to the Indian territory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
2. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
3. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
4. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
5. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)