|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Red Cloud insist his people should be allowed to trade?
(a) Fort Wise
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Connor
(d) Fort Laramie
2. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
(a) Sharp Knife
(b) Gray Ghost
(c) Old Hickory
(d) Long Hair
3. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that Native Americans are the
(b) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(c) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(d) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
4. Along what river does Red Cloud want his people to reside?
(a) Raccoon river
(b) Colorado river
(c) Missouri river
(d) Platte river
5. How long does Little Crow's War last?
(a) 6 months
(b) 1 year
(c) 1 month
(d) 1 week
Short Answer Questions
1. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
2. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
3. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
4. Who launches a campaign to move the Utes all the way to the Indian territory?
5. Who is the Indian agent who develops a plan to move the Utes to a reservation?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)