|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
(a) Three surviving Arapaho chiefs
(b) Three prominant Sioux warrior chiefs
(c) Sitting Bull's most famous followers
(d) Three chiefs who betray the Sioux nation
2. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(b) The treaty with the Sioux
(c) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(d) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
3. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
(a) The Cheyenne nation
(b) His Indian wife
(c) The US soldiers
(d) His own sons
4. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
(a) The indians are tricked by General Sherman
(b) The indians learn about a road planned for Powder River
(c) The indians are incited by a speech by Sitting Bull
(d) The indians are massacred in the fort
5. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
(b) Run him out of their territory
(c) Kill and mutilate him
(d) Sign a temporary treaty
Short Answer Questions
1. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
2. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
3. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
4. What Indian tribe lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado?
5. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)