|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
(a) Chief Sitting Bull
(b) Chief Lean Bear
(c) Chief One Eye
(d) Chief Black Kettle
2. What government group did the Nez Perces help in 1805?
(a) The US Army Expeditiary Force
(b) The Lewis and Clark Expedition
(c) The National Geographic Survey
(d) The National Park Service
3. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
(a) The Grand Canyon
(b) The Rio Grande basin
(c) Death Valley
(d) The Chiracahua Mountains
4. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
(a) A Mormon missionary
(b) A US Army Surgeon
(c) A Doctor from Reno, Nevada
(d) An Apache medicine man
5. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Andrew Johnson
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) William Sherman
Short Answer Questions
1. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
2. Some Cheyennes and Arapaho Indians move into what part of Kansas to hunt?
3. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
4. Why do Donehogawa's critics think he should be removed from office?
5. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)