|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flight of the Nez Perces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his days in government, what does Donehogawa do?
(a) Returns to the military
(b) Becomes wealthy as a New York businessman
(c) Becomes as movie star
(d) Moves out west to live with other indians
2. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
(b) The Massacre at Sand Creek
(c) The Battle of the Washita
(d) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
3. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
4. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
5. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Move to Canada
(b) Surrender at Fort Laramie
(c) Return to a reservation
(d) Surrender at Fort Cobb
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sioux chiefs are invited to a peace conference at what fort?
2. Under what President did Donehogawa serve?
3. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
4. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
5. When Santana and Big Tree are arrested who negotiates their release?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)