|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flight of the Nez Perces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1877 the Nez Perces defeat the soldiers at what battle?
(a) The Battle of the Rosebud
(b) The Battle of Wounded Knee
(c) The battle of White Bird Canyon
(d) The Battle of the Washita
2. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
(a) Christopher Columbus
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) John Cabot
(d) Marco Polo
3. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(b) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
(c) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(d) The treaty with the Sioux
4. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
(a) William Sheridan
(b) Kit Carson
(c) William Sherman
(d) George Custer
5. What Kiowa chief eventually leads the tribe off of the reservation?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Crazy Horse
(d) Ten Bears
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers survived Custer's Last Stand?
2. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
3. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
4. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
5. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)