|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flight of the Nez Perces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(b) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(c) The treaty with the Sioux
(d) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
2. Cochise dies in what year?
3. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
(a) An Apache medicine man
(b) A US Army Surgeon
(c) A Mormon missionary
(d) A Doctor from Reno, Nevada
4. Which warrior refuses to attend thus stopping the talks?
(a) Dull Knife
(b) Roman Nose
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Man Afraid of his Horses
5. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Little Horse
(c) Dull Knife
(d) Sitting Bull
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
2. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
3. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
4. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
5. Where does Red Cloud insist his people should be allowed to trade?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)