|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flight of the Nez Perces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
(a) Edward Wynkoop
(b) Kit Carson
(c) John Bent
(d) William Sheridan
2. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
(a) Chief Zedekiah
(b) Chief Jeremiah
(c) Chief Andrew
(d) Chief Joseph
3. Donehogawa's "Christian name"?
(a) William Tecumseh Sherman
(b) Ely Samuel Parker
(c) John Michael Smith
(d) Brigham Young
4. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
(a) Lone Wolf
(b) Big Tree
(d) Kicking Bird
5. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Trail of Tears
(b) Chisholm Trail
(c) Sorrowful Trail
(d) Buncombe Turnpike
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
2. What event does Manuelito challenge a US officer to compete in?
3. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
4. Where does Sitting Bull go after Custer's Last Stand?
5. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)