|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flight of the Nez Perces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
(a) Qualla Indian Boundary
(b) Bosque Redondo
(c) Fort Defiance
2. Who followed Old Joseph as chief of the Nez Perces?
(a) Chief Andrew
(b) Chief Zedekiah
(c) Chief Joseph
(d) Chief Jeremiah
3. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
(a) They are killed
(b) They are immediately arrested
(c) They kill 50 soldiers
(d) They retreat to the Badlands
4. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Kill Canby
(b) Report Canby to his superiors
(c) Kidnap Canby
(d) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
5. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Black Kettle
(d) Lean Bear
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
2. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
3. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
4. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
5. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)