|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flight of the Nez Perces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Manuelito cheated in this event?
(a) The horse reins are cut
(b) His foot trail is longer
(c) His gun sights are changed
(d) His dueling gun is jammed
2. Where are most of the warring Sioux at this time?
(a) Along the Mississippi river
(b) Along the Powder river
(c) Along the Colorado river
(d) Along the Arkansas river
3. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) To protect his sacred homeland
(b) To protect Hooker Jim
(c) To protect his sister
(d) The soldiers had killed his family
4. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
(a) The indians are tricked by General Sherman
(b) The indians are incited by a speech by Sitting Bull
(c) The indians are massacred in the fort
(d) The indians learn about a road planned for Powder River
5. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
(a) General Carleton
(b) General Custer
(c) General Sherman
(d) General Sheridan
Short Answer Questions
1. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
2. In 1863, to where were the Nez Perces moved?
3. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
4. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
5. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)