|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flight of the Nez Perces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
(a) Kicking Bird
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Crazy Horse
2. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
(a) Nez Perce
3. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) US Grant
(b) William Sherman
(c) Winfield Scott
(d) Ely Parker
4. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Roman Nose
(d) Red Cloud
5. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Sheridan
(c) General Sherman
(d) General Hancock
Short Answer Questions
1. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
2. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
3. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
4. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
5. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)