|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flight of the Nez Perces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) George Armstrong Custer
(b) Winfield Scott Hancock
(c) William Henry Harrison
(d) William Tecumseh Sherman
2. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) The Alamo
(b) Fort Ridgely
(c) Fort Pierce
(d) Fort Apache
3. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) Winfield Scott
(b) Ely Parker
(c) William Sherman
(d) US Grant
4. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Captain Jack
(b) Little Horse
(c) Chief Joseph
(d) Roman Nose
5. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
(a) Moving on into Canada
(b) Surrendering to General Connor
(c) Coming to Fort Laramie
(d) Moving to the reservation
Short Answer Questions
1. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
2. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
3. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
4. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
5. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)