|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(b) Captain Jack
(c) King Phillip
(d) Red Cloud
2. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Custer
(c) General Hancock
(d) General Sheridan
3. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
(a) He is killed
(b) He is courtmartialed
(c) He is promoted
(d) He is removed from his command
4. Donehogawa's "Christian name"?
(a) Ely Samuel Parker
(b) William Tecumseh Sherman
(c) John Michael Smith
(d) Brigham Young
5. Cochise is a chief for what tribe?
(a) Nez Perce
(b) Chiracahua Apache
(d) Santee Sioux
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are most of the warring Sioux at this time?
2. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
3. How long does Little Crow's War last?
4. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
5. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)