|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
(a) It was legal for any soldier to kill any indian
(b) It was legal for any white man to kill any hostile indian
(c) It was illegal for any indian to kill any white man
(d) It was illegal for any indian to reside in Colorado
2. What important document did Donehogawa write?
(a) The treaty that ended Black Hawk's war
(b) The treaty that ended the Mexican-American War
(c) The surrender terms at Appomattox
(d) The treaty with the Sioux
3. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
(a) General Howard
(b) General Wise
(c) General Hood
(d) General Taylor
4. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
(a) New soldiers fresh from the Civil War
(b) A peace commission
(c) General Sherman's army
(d) A congressional task force
5. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
(a) The Outlaws of Cheyenne
(b) The Sand Creek survivors
(c) The Laramie Loafers
(d) The Friends of Lincoln
Short Answer Questions
1. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
2. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
3. What General led the Cherokee relocation?
4. Who is Cochise's father in law?
5. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)