|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1868 what does Red Cloud do?
(a) Agrees to a peace treaty
(b) Leaves the Powder River territory
(c) Moves into Canada
(d) Attacks Fort Laramie
2. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
(a) Crazy Horse
3. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Andrew Johnson
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) William Sherman
(d) Andrew Jackson
4. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
(a) The establishment of a new stagecoach line
(b) The establishment of a cattle drive
(c) The assasination of Abraham Lincoln
(d) The establishment of a new fort
5. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(b) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(c) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(d) The idea that Native Americans are the
Short Answer Questions
1. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
2. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
3. Along what river does Red Cloud want his people to reside?
4. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
5. Where are most of the warring Sioux at this time?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)