|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Donehogawa's critics think he should be removed from office?
(a) He is too pro-indian
(b) He is too militaristic
(c) He is too close to General Grant
(d) He was too hard on General Hancock
2. Cochise dies in what year?
3. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
(a) The Cheyenne nation
(b) The US soldiers
(c) His own sons
(d) His Indian wife
4. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Andrew Johnson
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) William Sherman
(d) Andrew Jackson
5. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
(a) Red Cloud
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
2. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
3. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
4. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
5. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)