|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
(a) To hunt down renegade indians
(b) To hunt for Confederate soldiers
(c) To build a railroad
(d) To open up more forts
2. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
(d) Crazy Horse
3. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) William Sherman
(d) Andrew Johnson
4. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They leave to attack other Indians
(b) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(c) they don't have enough food
(d) They leave to attack settlers
5. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
(a) Chief One Eye
(b) Chief Black Kettle
(c) Chief Lean Bear
(d) Chief Sitting Bull
Short Answer Questions
1. At what location are most of the Cheyennes Indians massacred?
2. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
3. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
4. What event does Manuelito challenge a US officer to compete in?
5. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)