|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) John Cabot
(c) Marco Polo
(d) Christopher Columbus
2. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
(a) The soldiers kill all of the Navajo
(b) Chief Manuelito is hanged
(c) The soldiers run the Navajo out of the fort
(d) Chief Manuelito's prize horse is butchered
3. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(b) They leave to attack other Indians
(c) They leave to attack settlers
(d) they don't have enough food
4. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Sherman
(c) Fort Ridgely
(d) Fort Defiance
5. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Dull Knife
(c) Little Horse
(d) Sitting Bull
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
2. Under what President did Donehogawa serve?
3. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
4. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
5. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)