|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Buffalo hunting
(b) Pike's Peak gold rush
(c) California gold rush
(d) Opening the Denver mint
2. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Cheyenne
(b) The Comanche
(c) the Ute
(d) The Santee Sioux
3. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
(a) To build a railroad
(b) To hunt for Confederate soldiers
(c) To open up more forts
(d) To hunt down renegade indians
4. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) Andrew Johnson
(c) William Sherman
(d) Andrew Jackson
5. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
2. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
3. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
4. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
5. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)