|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
(a) Kit Carson
(b) Edward Wynkoop
(c) William Sheridan
(d) John Bent
2. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Hancock
(d) General Sheridan
3. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(b) The idea that Native Americans are the
(c) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(d) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
4. Some Cheyennes and Arapaho Indians move into what part of Kansas to hunt?
(a) Powder River
(b) Little Big Horn Mountain
(c) Black Hills
(d) Smoky Hill
5. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
(a) General Sheridan
(b) Chief One Eye
(c) Chief Lean Bear
(d) Major Wynkoop
Short Answer Questions
1. Roman Nose gets upset with a woman preparing his food because she does what?
2. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
3. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
4. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
5. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)