|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Cheyenne
(b) The Comanche
(c) the Ute
(d) The Santee Sioux
2. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
(c) Crazy Horse
3. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Hancock
4. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Tree
(b) Dull Knife
(c) Standing Deer
(d) Little Horse
5. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
(a) The Rio Grande basin
(b) Death Valley
(c) The Chiracahua Mountains
(d) The Grand Canyon
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
2. Where does Red Cloud deliver an address on Indian rights?
3. Along what river does Red Cloud want his people to reside?
4. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
5. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)