|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
(a) Marco Polo
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) John Cabot
2. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Little Crow
3. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
(a) The Comanche
(b) The Santee Sioux
(c) The Navajo
(d) the Apache
4. In 1868 what does Red Cloud do?
(a) Leaves the Powder River territory
(b) Attacks Fort Laramie
(c) Agrees to a peace treaty
(d) Moves into Canada
5. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Little Horse
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Dull Knife
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
2. What 2 chiefs does Donehogawa invite to Washington?
3. Cochise is a chief for what tribe?
4. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
5. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)