|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cochise and the Apache Guerrillas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
2. After his days in government, what does Donehogawa do?
(a) Becomes wealthy as a New York businessman
(b) Moves out west to live with other indians
(c) Becomes as movie star
(d) Returns to the military
3. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Black Kettle
(c) Lean Bear
(d) Crazy Horse
4. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
(a) Friends of the Great Spirit
(b) Ghost warriors
(c) Dog soldiers
(d) Storm troopers
5. Donehogawa's "Christian name"?
(a) William Tecumseh Sherman
(b) Ely Samuel Parker
(c) John Michael Smith
(d) Brigham Young
Short Answer Questions
1. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
2. What important document did Donehogawa write?
3. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
4. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
5. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)