|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Red Cloud's war last?
(a) About 10 years
(b) About 2 years
(c) About 1 month
(d) About 6 months
2. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
(a) To build a railroad
(b) To hunt for Confederate soldiers
(c) To open up more forts
(d) To hunt down renegade indians
3. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They are trying to get to Canada
(b) There are more white settlers to kill
(c) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(d) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
4. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Connor
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Sherman
5. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
(a) Fort Ridgely
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Sherman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
2. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
3. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
4. At what location are most of the Cheyennes Indians massacred?
5. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)