|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Little Crow die?
(a) He is starved to death
(b) He is taken to Washington and killled by a firing squad
(c) He is killed while looking for food
(d) He is hanged for his war crimes
2. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Colorado river
(b) Washita river
(c) Rio Grande river
(d) Arkansas river
3. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Donnor massacre
(b) The Fetterman massacre
(c) The Connor massacre
(d) The Washita massacre
4. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
(a) George Custer
(b) Kit Carson
(c) John Bent
(d) William Sherman
5. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Cheyenne
(b) The Santee Sioux
(c) the Ute
(d) The Comanche
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
2. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
3. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
4. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
5. Which warrior refuses to attend thus stopping the talks?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)