|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Cheyenne
(b) The Santee Sioux
(c) The Comanche
(d) the Ute
2. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) Fort Ridgely
(b) The Alamo
(c) Fort Pierce
(d) Fort Apache
3. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
(a) It was legal for any white man to kill any hostile indian
(b) It was illegal for any indian to reside in Colorado
(c) It was illegal for any indian to kill any white man
(d) It was legal for any soldier to kill any indian
4. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
(a) Kit Carson
(b) William Sherman
(c) John Bent
(d) George Custer
5. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Standing Deer
(b) Little Horse
(c) Little Tree
(d) Dull Knife
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
2. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
3. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
4. Which warrior refuses to attend thus stopping the talks?
5. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)