|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) An American flag
(b) A musket
(c) A silver dollar
2. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Washita massacre
(b) The Fetterman massacre
(c) The Connor massacre
(d) The Donnor massacre
3. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Horse
(b) Standing Deer
(c) Little Tree
(d) Dull Knife
4. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(b) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(c) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(d) The idea that Native Americans are the
5. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
(a) Ffrom the white soldiers
(b) From English settlers
(c) From Spanish explorers
(d) From tribes to the north
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
2. How long does Red Cloud's war last?
3. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
4. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
5. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)