|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
(a) From English settlers
(b) From Spanish explorers
(c) From tribes to the north
(d) Ffrom the white soldiers
2. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) John Cabot
(d) Marco Polo
3. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
(c) Red Cloud
4. In 1868 what does Red Cloud do?
(a) Attacks Fort Laramie
(b) Moves into Canada
(c) Agrees to a peace treaty
(d) Leaves the Powder River territory
5. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
(a) Fort Apache
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) The Alamo
(d) Fort Sumpter
Short Answer Questions
1. At what location are most of the Cheyennes Indians massacred?
2. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
3. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
4. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
5. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)