|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(b) They leave to attack settlers
(c) they don't have enough food
(d) They leave to attack other Indians
2. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
(a) Fort Apache
(b) The Alamo
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Sumpter
3. The Sioux chiefs are invited to a peace conference at what fort?
(a) Fort Connor
(b) Fort Laramie
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Wise
4. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
(a) He is removed from his command
(b) He is killed
(c) He is courtmartialed
(d) He is promoted
5. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Little Horse
(b) Captain Jack
(c) Chief Joseph
(d) Roman Nose
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
2. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
3. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
4. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
5. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)