|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) George Armstrong Custer
(b) William Tecumseh Sherman
(c) Winfield Scott Hancock
(d) William Henry Harrison
2. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Little Crow
3. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
(a) Marco Polo
(b) Christopher Columbus
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) John Cabot
4. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
(a) Fort Ridgely
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Wise
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) they don't have enough food
(b) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(c) They leave to attack settlers
(d) They leave to attack other Indians
Short Answer Questions
1. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
2. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
3. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
4. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
5. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)