|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
(a) Fort Defiance
(b) Qualla Indian Boundary
(c) Bosque Redondo
2. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
(a) Sitting Bull's most famous followers
(b) Three surviving Arapaho chiefs
(c) Three prominant Sioux warrior chiefs
(d) Three chiefs who betray the Sioux nation
3. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) King Phillip
(c) Captain Jack
(d) Red Cloud
4. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They leave to attack other Indians
(b) they don't have enough food
(c) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(d) They leave to attack settlers
5. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) The Alamo
(b) Fort Apache
(c) Fort Ridgely
(d) Fort Pierce
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
2. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
3. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
4. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
5. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)