|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Connor
(b) General Custer
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Sherman
2. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
(a) He is removed from his command
(b) He is courtmartialed
(c) He is promoted
(d) He is killed
3. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Little Crow
4. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Opening the Denver mint
(b) California gold rush
(c) Pike's Peak gold rush
(d) Buffalo hunting
5. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
(a) Dog soldiers
(b) Ghost warriors
(c) Storm troopers
(d) Friends of the Great Spirit
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
2. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
3. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
4. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
5. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)