|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
(a) He is removed from his command
(b) He is promoted
(c) He is courtmartialed
(d) He is killed
2. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
(a) Goes back to Washington
(b) Atttacks unsuspecting villages
(c) Hangs several chiefs
(d) Declares war on all indians
3. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Tree
(b) Dull Knife
(c) Little Horse
(d) Standing Deer
4. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
(a) It was legal for any soldier to kill any indian
(b) It was illegal for any indian to kill any white man
(c) It was legal for any white man to kill any hostile indian
(d) It was illegal for any indian to reside in Colorado
5. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
(a) Chief Manuelito is hanged
(b) The soldiers kill all of the Navajo
(c) Chief Manuelito's prize horse is butchered
(d) The soldiers run the Navajo out of the fort
Short Answer Questions
1. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
2. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
3. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
4. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
5. The Sioux chiefs are invited to a peace conference at what fort?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)