|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
(a) Crazy Horse
2. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Ridgely
(d) Fort Sherman
3. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(b) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(c) The idea that Native Americans are the
(d) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
4. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
(a) War of 1812
(b) 100 Years War
(c) Revolutionary War
(d) French and Indian War
5. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
(a) Chief Lean Bear
(b) General Sheridan
(c) Chief One Eye
(d) Major Wynkoop
Short Answer Questions
1. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
2. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
3. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
4. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
5. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)