|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Carleton
(c) General Sherman
(d) General Custer
2. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
3. Where does Roman Nose die?
(a) Arikaree Valley
(b) Powder River
(c) Little Big Horn River
(d) Washita River
4. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Pike's Peak gold rush
(b) Opening the Denver mint
(c) California gold rush
(d) Buffalo hunting
5. How does Little Crow die?
(a) He is hanged for his war crimes
(b) He is starved to death
(c) He is killed while looking for food
(d) He is taken to Washington and killled by a firing squad
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
2. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
3. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
4. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
5. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)