|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) Andrew Johnson
(b) John Adams
(c) John Quincy Adams
(d) Andrew Jackson
2. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
(a) Old Hickory
(b) Long Hair
(c) Sharp Knife
(d) Gray Ghost
3. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
(a) Chief Lean Bear
(b) Chief One Eye
(c) Chief Sitting Bull
(d) Chief Black Kettle
4. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
(a) Fort Ridgely
(b) Fort Wise
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Defiance
5. Where are most of the warring Sioux at this time?
(a) Along the Arkansas river
(b) Along the Mississippi river
(c) Along the Powder river
(d) Along the Colorado river
Short Answer Questions
1. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
2. What is Manifest Destiny?
3. Roman Nose gets upset with a woman preparing his food because she does what?
4. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
5. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)