|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
(a) Moving on into Canada
(b) Surrendering to General Connor
(c) Moving to the reservation
(d) Coming to Fort Laramie
2. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
(a) Lewis and Clark Expedition
(b) Oklahoma Claims
(c) Cattle Drives
(d) California Gold rush
3. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
4. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Wise
(b) Fort Connor
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Defiance
5. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) Captain Jack
(b) King Phillip
(c) Red Cloud
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
2. How long does Red Cloud's war last?
3. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
4. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
5. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)