|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Roman Nose die?
(a) Washita River
(b) Powder River
(c) Arikaree Valley
(d) Little Big Horn River
2. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
(a) He is removed from his command
(b) He is killed
(c) He is promoted
(d) He is courtmartialed
3. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Little Crow
4. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) John Adams
(b) John Quincy Adams
(c) Andrew Johnson
(d) Andrew Jackson
5. After a treaty meeting between US soldiers and Cheyennes chief's this man said, " I felt myself in the presence of superior beings:"
(a) Chief Lean Bear
(b) Chief One Eye
(c) Major Wynkoop
(d) General Sheridan
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
2. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
3. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
4. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
5. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)