|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
(a) The establishment of a new stagecoach line
(b) The establishment of a new fort
(c) The establishment of a cattle drive
(d) The assasination of Abraham Lincoln
2. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
(a) Bat Masterson
(c) Meriweather Lewis
(d) Kit Carson
3. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
(b) Crazy Horse
4. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
(a) The Cheyenne nation
(b) His own sons
(c) The US soldiers
(d) His Indian wife
5. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Washita river
(b) Rio Grande river
(c) Colorado river
(d) Arkansas river
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
2. The Sioux chiefs are invited to a peace conference at what fort?
3. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
4. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)