|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Buncombe Turnpike
(b) Trail of Tears
(c) Sorrowful Trail
(d) Chisholm Trail
2. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
(a) The Friends of Lincoln
(b) The Laramie Loafers
(c) The Outlaws of Cheyenne
(d) The Sand Creek survivors
3. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
(a) Bat Masterson
(b) Meriweather Lewis
(c) Kit Carson
4. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
(a) Declares war on all indians
(b) Atttacks unsuspecting villages
(c) Goes back to Washington
(d) Hangs several chiefs
5. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
(a) William Sherman
(b) John Bent
(c) George Custer
(d) Kit Carson
Short Answer Questions
1. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
2. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
3. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
4. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
5. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)