|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
2. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
(a) George Custer
(b) John Bent
(c) Kit Carson
(d) William Sherman
3. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Washita river
(b) Arkansas river
(c) Colorado river
(d) Rio Grande river
4. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
(a) Oklahoma Claims
(b) Lewis and Clark Expedition
(c) Cattle Drives
(d) California Gold rush
5. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
(a) To build a railroad
(b) To open up more forts
(c) To hunt down renegade indians
(d) To hunt for Confederate soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
2. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
3. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
4. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
5. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)