|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
(a) Oklahoma Claims
(b) Lewis and Clark Expedition
(c) Cattle Drives
(d) California Gold rush
2. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Defiance
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Connor
(d) Fort Wise
3. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Trail of Tears
(b) Buncombe Turnpike
(c) Sorrowful Trail
(d) Chisholm Trail
4. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
(a) War of 1812
(b) Revolutionary War
(c) French and Indian War
(d) 100 Years War
5. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
(a) George Custer
(b) John Bent
(c) William Sherman
(d) Kit Carson
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manifest Destiny?
2. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
3. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
4. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
5. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)