|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Little Crow's War last?
(a) 1 year
(b) 1 week
(c) 1 month
(d) 6 months
2. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) California gold rush
(b) Opening the Denver mint
(c) Pike's Peak gold rush
(d) Buffalo hunting
3. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Little Crow
(d) Red Cloud
4. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Andrew Johnson
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) William Sherman
(d) Abraham Lincoln
5. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
(a) Sorrowful Trail
(b) Chisholm Trail
(c) Trail of Tears
(d) Buncombe Turnpike
Short Answer Questions
1. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
2. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
3. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
4. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
5. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)