|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) James Sawyers
(b) Patrick Connor
(c) John Bent
(d) John Clark
2. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Kill and mutilate him
(b) Sign a temporary treaty
(c) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
(d) Run him out of their territory
3. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
(a) Bosque Redondo
(b) Wounded Knee
(c) The Little Big Horn
4. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
(a) The Yellow Medicine River
(b) The Rio Grande River
(c) The Little Big Horn River
(d) The Washita River
5. How does Little Crow die?
(a) He is taken to Washington and killled by a firing squad
(b) He is killed while looking for food
(c) He is starved to death
(d) He is hanged for his war crimes
Short Answer Questions
1. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
2. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
3. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
4. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
5. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)