|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) The Battle of the Washita
(b) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
(c) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
(d) The Massacre at Sand Creek
2. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) Fort Ridgely
(b) The Alamo
(c) Fort Apache
(d) Fort Pierce
3. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) the Ute
(b) The Cheyenne
(c) The Comanche
(d) The Santee Sioux
4. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
(a) To hunt for Confederate soldiers
(b) To build a railroad
(c) To hunt down renegade indians
(d) To open up more forts
5. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
2. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
3. How long does Little Crow's War last?
4. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
5. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)