|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) James Sawyers
(b) Patrick Connor
(c) John Bent
(d) John Clark
2. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
(a) Crazy Horse
3. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) A silver dollar
(b) An American flag
(c) A musket
4. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
(a) Chief Sitting Bull
(b) Chief Lean Bear
(c) Chief Black Kettle
(d) Chief One Eye
5. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
(a) The Alamo
(b) Fort Sumpter
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Apache
Short Answer Questions
1. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
2. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
3. How many Indian nations comprised the Iroquios?
4. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
5. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)