|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Little Crow die?
(a) He is killed while looking for food
(b) He is starved to death
(c) He is taken to Washington and killled by a firing squad
(d) He is hanged for his war crimes
2. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(b) Red Cloud
(c) King Phillip
(d) Captain Jack
3. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Pike's Peak gold rush
(b) California gold rush
(c) Buffalo hunting
(d) Opening the Denver mint
4. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
(c) Crazy Horse
5. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
(a) The Cheyenne nation
(b) His Indian wife
(c) The US soldiers
(d) His own sons
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
2. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
3. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
4. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
5. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)