|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) King Phillip
(b) Red Cloud
(d) Captain Jack
2. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
(a) Wounded Knee
(c) Bosque Redondo
(d) The Little Big Horn
3. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
(a) Revolutionary War
(b) 100 Years War
(c) French and Indian War
(d) War of 1812
4. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) John Adams
(b) John Quincy Adams
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Andrew Johnson
5. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
(a) The soldiers run the Navajo out of the fort
(b) The soldiers kill all of the Navajo
(c) Chief Manuelito is hanged
(d) Chief Manuelito's prize horse is butchered
Short Answer Questions
1. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
2. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
3. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
4. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
5. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)