|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Dull Knife
(b) Standing Deer
(c) Little Tree
(d) Little Horse
2. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
(a) Fort Sherman
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Ridgely
3. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) There are more white settlers to kill
(b) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(c) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(d) They are trying to get to Canada
4. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Dull Knife
(c) Little Horse
(d) Sitting Bull
5. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Connor
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Wise
(d) Fort Defiance
Short Answer Questions
1. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
2. How is Manuelito cheated in this event?
3. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
4. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
5. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)