|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
(b) Meriweather Lewis
(c) Kit Carson
(d) Bat Masterson
2. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) The Alamo
(b) Fort Ridgely
(c) Fort Pierce
(d) Fort Apache
3. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
(a) William Sherman
(b) Kit Carson
(c) George Custer
(d) William Sheridan
4. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Pike's Peak gold rush
(b) Opening the Denver mint
(c) Buffalo hunting
(d) California gold rush
5. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
(a) Red Cloud
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
2. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
3. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
4. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
5. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)