|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
2. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
(a) Fort Ridgely
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Wise
(d) Fort Snelling
3. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that Native Americans are the
(b) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
(c) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(d) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
4. Who was the great Shawnee chief?
(b) Crazy Horse
5. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) A musket
(b) A silver dollar
(c) An American flag
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives the credit for naming Native Americans "Indians?"
2. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
3. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
4. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
5. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)