|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Arkansas river
(b) Washita river
(c) Rio Grande river
(d) Colorado river
2. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Pike's Peak gold rush
(b) Buffalo hunting
(c) Opening the Denver mint
(d) California gold rush
3. At what location are most of the Cheyennes Indians massacred?
(a) Red Rock
(b) Sand Creek
(d) Little Big Horn
4. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Connor
(b) Fort Wise
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Defiance
5. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Custer
(c) General Sherman
(d) General Connor
Short Answer Questions
1. What event led to a widespread invasion of the West by white men?
2. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
3. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
4. How does Little Crow die?
5. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)