|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Powder River Invasion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
(b) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
(c) The Battle of the Washita
(d) The Massacre at Sand Creek
2. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) A silver dollar
(b) A musket
(d) An American flag
3. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
(a) Sharp Knife
(b) Old Hickory
(c) Long Hair
(d) Gray Ghost
4. How long does Little Crow's War last?
(a) 1 month
(b) 6 months
(c) 1 week
(d) 1 year
5. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(b) The idea that Native Americans are the
(c) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(d) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
2. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
3. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
4. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
5. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)