|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Little Crow's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
(a) William Sheridan
(b) William Sherman
(c) Kit Carson
(d) George Custer
2. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
3. How is Manuelito cheated in this event?
(a) His dueling gun is jammed
(b) His foot trail is longer
(c) His gun sights are changed
(d) The horse reins are cut
4. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) Andrew Johnson
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) William Sherman
5. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
(a) The soldiers run the Navajo out of the fort
(b) Chief Manuelito is hanged
(c) The soldiers kill all of the Navajo
(d) Chief Manuelito's prize horse is butchered
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
2. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
3. How long does Little Crow's War last?
4. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
5. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)