|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Little Crow's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
(a) King Phillip
(b) Red Cloud
(d) Captain Jack
2. Who declared that all land west of the Mississippi was Indian land?
(a) Andrew Johnson
(b) John Adams
(c) John Quincy Adams
(d) Andrew Jackson
3. What event does Manuelito challenge a US officer to compete in?
(a) A shooting match
(b) A duel
(c) A foot race
(d) A horse race
4. During what war was Tecumseh killed?
(a) 100 Years War
(b) Revolutionary War
(c) War of 1812
(d) French and Indian War
5. What is Manifest Destiny?
(a) The idea that Mexico would one day be part of the US
(b) The idea that Native Americans are the
(c) The idea that Native Americans would conquer the white man
(d) The idea that the white man was destined to control from sea to shining sea
Short Answer Questions
1. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
2. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
3. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
4. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
5. Who was chief for the Ottawa tribe?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)