|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Little Crow's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
(a) William Sherman
(b) George Custer
(c) William Sheridan
(d) Kit Carson
2. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
(a) Chief Manuelito is hanged
(b) The soldiers run the Navajo out of the fort
(c) The soldiers kill all of the Navajo
(d) Chief Manuelito's prize horse is butchered
3. Which tribe listed below was not living in the Southeast region of the US when their land was taken?
4. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
(a) The Alamo
(b) Fort Apache
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Sumpter
5. How is Manuelito cheated in this event?
(a) His foot trail is longer
(b) His gun sights are changed
(c) His dueling gun is jammed
(d) The horse reins are cut
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Wampanoag chief who was killed in 1675?
2. What was the name by which many Indian tribes called Andrew Jackson?
3. What did the relocation of the Cherokee to Oklahoma become known as?
4. What is Manifest Destiny?
5. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)