|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Little Crow's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Little Crow die?
(a) He is starved to death
(b) He is hanged for his war crimes
(c) He is killed while looking for food
(d) He is taken to Washington and killled by a firing squad
2. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
(a) William Sheridan
(b) William Sherman
(c) George Custer
(d) Kit Carson
3. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Carleton
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Custer
4. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
(a) The Comanche
(b) The Santee Sioux
(c) The Navajo
(d) the Apache
5. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
(a) The Little Big Horn River
(b) The Rio Grande River
(c) The Yellow Medicine River
(d) The Washita River
Short Answer Questions
1. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
2. How long does Little Crow's War last?
3. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
4. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
5. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)