|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Rio Grande river
(b) Arkansas river
(c) Colorado river
(d) Washita river
2. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Sheridan
(c) General Custer
(d) General Hancock
3. Twice the Nez Perces tried to move where?
4. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
(a) Three prominant Sioux warrior chiefs
(b) Three chiefs who betray the Sioux nation
(c) Three surviving Arapaho chiefs
(d) Sitting Bull's most famous followers
5. What is the name of a new road through Red Cloud's country?
(a) Bozeman road
(b) Chishom trail
(c) Buncombe Turnpike
(d) Donnor trail
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the term "Iron Horse" refer to?
2. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
3. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
4. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
5. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)