|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Hancock
(c) General Hood
(d) General Sherman
2. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
(a) The establishment of a cattle drive
(b) The assasination of Abraham Lincoln
(c) The establishment of a new stagecoach line
(d) The establishment of a new fort
3. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) William Tecumseh Sherman
(b) George Armstrong Custer
(c) Winfield Scott Hancock
(d) William Henry Harrison
4. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
(a) Fort Apache
(b) Fort Wise
(c) Fort Tularosa
(d) Fort Defiance
5. Who is Cochise's father in law?
(a) Mangas Colorado
(c) Baja California
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Captain Jack move his tribe?
2. What event caused problems for the Indians who were living in the Black Hills?
3. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
4. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
5. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)