|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
(a) William Sheridan
(b) William Sherman
(c) Kit Carson
(d) George Custer
2. Where are most of the warring Sioux at this time?
(a) Along the Powder river
(b) Along the Mississippi river
(c) Along the Colorado river
(d) Along the Arkansas river
3. How long does Little Crow's War last?
(a) 1 year
(b) 6 months
(c) 1 month
(d) 1 week
4. How does Chief Santana die?
(a) He dies of old age on the reservation
(b) He is killed by Lone Wolf
(c) He is killed in a raid on Fort Richardson
(d) He jumps from a prison hospital window
5. One character is chapter has a name which means "Keeper of the Western Door of the Long House of the Iroquois." Who is this?
(a) US Grant
(b) Ely Parker
(c) Winfield Scott
(d) William Sherman
Short Answer Questions
1. What chief works to keep the Indians in the Black Hills at peace with the soldiers?
2. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
3. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
4. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
5. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)