|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) they don't have enough food
(b) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(c) They leave to attack other Indians
(d) They leave to attack settlers
2. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
(b) Big Tree
(c) Kicking Bird
(d) Lone Wolf
3. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
(a) A US Army Surgeon
(b) A Mormon missionary
(c) A Doctor from Reno, Nevada
(d) An Apache medicine man
4. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Opening the Denver mint
(b) California gold rush
(c) Buffalo hunting
(d) Pike's Peak gold rush
5. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
(a) Fort Sumpter
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Apache
(d) The Alamo
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
2. Some Cheyennes and Arapaho Indians move into what part of Kansas to hunt?
3. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
4. The Sioux chiefs are invited to a peace conference at what fort?
5. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)