|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
(a) The Friends of Lincoln
(b) The Laramie Loafers
(c) The Sand Creek survivors
(d) The Outlaws of Cheyenne
2. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
(a) William Sheridan
(b) William Sherman
(c) Kit Carson
(d) George Custer
3. Who is the Indian agent who develops a plan to move the Utes to a reservation?
4. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
(a) To hunt for Confederate soldiers
(b) To open up more forts
(c) To hunt down renegade indians
(d) To build a railroad
5. Where does Red Cloud deliver an address on Indian rights?
(b) New York City
(d) St. Louis
Short Answer Questions
1. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
2. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
3. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
4. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
5. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)