|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Utes Must Go!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The future of the Ute nation was greatly effected by what ?
(a) The absence of an Indian policy
(b) The end of the civil war
(c) A poor court system
(d) The printed media
2. Where are most of the warring Sioux at this time?
(a) Along the Arkansas river
(b) Along the Mississippi river
(c) Along the Powder river
(d) Along the Colorado river
3. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
(a) He immediately tried to drive them away
(b) He ran into the hill country
(c) He tried to live at peace
(d) He moved south to Mexico
4. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
(a) Three surviving Arapaho chiefs
(b) Sitting Bull's most famous followers
(c) Three prominant Sioux warrior chiefs
(d) Three chiefs who betray the Sioux nation
5. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Custer
(d) General Connor
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
2. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
3. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
4. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
5. How is Manuelito cheated in this event?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)