|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
(a) Kit Carson
(b) William Sheridan
(c) William Sherman
(d) George Custer
2. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
(a) Fort Sherman
(b) Fort Ridgely
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Snelling
3. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) they don't have enough food
(b) They leave to attack settlers
(c) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(d) They leave to attack other Indians
4. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Connor
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Wise
5. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) The Battle of the Washita
(b) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
(c) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
(d) The Massacre at Sand Creek
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
2. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
3. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
4. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
5. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)