|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
(a) Red Cloud
2. What was located between the Pecos mountains and the Rio Grande?
(a) The Little Big Horn
(b) Bosque Redondo
(c) Wounded Knee
3. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
(a) The Comanche
(b) The Navajo
(c) the Apache
(d) The Santee Sioux
4. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
5. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Wise
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Connor
(d) Fort Snelling
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
2. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
3. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
4. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
5. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)