|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Little Crow's War last?
(a) 1 year
(b) 1 week
(c) 6 months
(d) 1 month
2. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Pike's Peak gold rush
(b) California gold rush
(c) Buffalo hunting
(d) Opening the Denver mint
3. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
(b) Run him out of their territory
(c) Kill and mutilate him
(d) Sign a temporary treaty
4. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Donnor massacre
(b) The Connor massacre
(c) The Washita massacre
(d) The Fetterman massacre
5. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
(a) The Washita River
(b) The Little Big Horn River
(c) The Rio Grande River
(d) The Yellow Medicine River
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns their backs on John Bent?
2. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
3. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
4. What is Manifest Destiny?
5. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)