|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) Patrick Connor
(b) John Clark
(c) James Sawyers
(d) John Bent
2. What fort do the Navajos attack in retaliation for troops destroying crops?
(a) Fort Apache
(b) The Alamo
(c) Fort Sumpter
(d) Fort Defiance
3. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
(a) Moving to the reservation
(b) Moving on into Canada
(c) Coming to Fort Laramie
(d) Surrendering to General Connor
4. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(b) There are more white settlers to kill
(c) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(d) They are trying to get to Canada
5. In 1868 what does Red Cloud do?
(a) Moves into Canada
(b) Leaves the Powder River territory
(c) Attacks Fort Laramie
(d) Agrees to a peace treaty
Short Answer Questions
1. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. What is the name of a new road through Red Cloud's country?
4. What famous scout gains the trust of the Navajo?
5. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)