|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Big Mouth, Big Ribs, Eagle Foot, Whirlwind, and Little Crow are Sioux Chiefs sent to talk other chiefs into doing what?
(a) Surrendering to General Connor
(b) Moving to the reservation
(c) Coming to Fort Laramie
(d) Moving on into Canada
2. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Little Horse
(b) Roman Nose
(c) Captain Jack
(d) Chief Joseph
3. How long does Red Cloud's war last?
(a) About 6 months
(b) About 2 years
(c) About 1 month
(d) About 10 years
4. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
(a) The Yellow Medicine River
(b) The Little Big Horn River
(c) The Washita River
(d) The Rio Grande River
5. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
(a) The Outlaws of Cheyenne
(b) The Sand Creek survivors
(c) The Laramie Loafers
(d) The Friends of Lincoln
Short Answer Questions
1. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
2. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
3. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
4. At what fort did several Indian tribes sign a treaty reducing their lands?
5. In 1865 the US government sends what group to the Missouri river basin?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)