|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Wise
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Connor
(d) Fort Snelling
2. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Opening the Denver mint
(b) California gold rush
(c) Buffalo hunting
(d) Pike's Peak gold rush
3. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Standing Deer
(b) Little Tree
(c) Dull Knife
(d) Little Horse
4. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Sign a temporary treaty
(b) Run him out of their territory
(c) Kill and mutilate him
(d) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
5. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
(a) The Alamo
(b) Fort Pierce
(c) Fort Ridgely
(d) Fort Apache
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
2. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
3. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
4. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
5. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)