|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
(d) Crazy Horse
2. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Fetterman massacre
(b) The Donnor massacre
(c) The Connor massacre
(d) The Washita massacre
3. What is the name of a new road through Red Cloud's country?
(a) Chishom trail
(b) Buncombe Turnpike
(c) Donnor trail
(d) Bozeman road
4. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Ridgely
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Sherman
5. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Washita river
(b) Rio Grande river
(c) Colorado river
(d) Arkansas river
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
2. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
3. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
4. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
5. Why is a treaty not signed at Fort Laramie?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)