|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Captain Jack
(b) Little Horse
(c) Roman Nose
(d) Chief Joseph
2. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
3. How long does Little Crow's War last?
(a) 1 month
(b) 1 week
(c) 6 months
(d) 1 year
4. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
(a) Black Kettle
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Lean Bear
(d) Sitting Bull
5. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Sheridan
(c) General Carleton
(d) General Sherman
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
2. In 1868 what does Red Cloud do?
3. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
4. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
5. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)