|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) the Ute
(b) The Cheyenne
(c) The Comanche
(d) The Santee Sioux
2. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) they don't have enough food
(b) They leave to attack settlers
(c) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(d) They leave to attack other Indians
3. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Dull Knife
(b) Little Tree
(c) Standing Deer
(d) Little Horse
4. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) There are more white settlers to kill
(b) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(c) They are trying to get to Canada
(d) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
5. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
(a) The Outlaws of Cheyenne
(b) The Laramie Loafers
(c) The Friends of Lincoln
(d) The Sand Creek survivors
Short Answer Questions
1. The Navajo said of one white man, "his name reaches the sky." Who does this refer to?
2. Who are Red Cloud, Man Afraid of his Horses, and Dull Knife?
3. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
4. Where does the author, Dee Brown say the Indians learned their savage practices?
5. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)