|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(b) They leave to attack other Indians
(c) they don't have enough food
(d) They leave to attack settlers
2. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Dull Knife
(b) Little Horse
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Red Cloud
3. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Cheyenne
(b) the Ute
(c) The Comanche
(d) The Santee Sioux
4. Most of the remaining Cheyennes Indians are removed to an area along what river?
(a) Arkansas river
(b) Rio Grande river
(c) Washita river
(d) Colorado river
5. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(b) They are trying to get to Canada
(c) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(d) There are more white settlers to kill
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
2. Why did more federal troops come to the Colorado area in the mid to late 1860s?
3. What is the name of the reservation where the Navajo are forced to live?
4. What famous chief was leading the Navaho nation in 1860?
5. What Indian chief always carried a flag and medals from President Lincoln because he thought that these would protect him?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)