|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Little Crow die?
(a) He is taken to Washington and killled by a firing squad
(b) He is killed while looking for food
(c) He is hanged for his war crimes
(d) He is starved to death
2. Where is Little Crow finally defeated?
(a) The Washita River
(b) The Yellow Medicine River
(c) The Little Big Horn River
(d) The Rio Grande River
3. What white man tries to help the Cheyennes end their conflict with the soldiers?
(a) John Bent
(b) William Sherman
(c) George Custer
(d) Kit Carson
4. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Comanche
(b) The Cheyenne
(c) the Ute
(d) The Santee Sioux
5. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Pike's Peak gold rush
(b) Buffalo hunting
(c) Opening the Denver mint
(d) California gold rush
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1868 what does Red Cloud do?
2. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
4. What declaration did Colorado's governor, John Evans make?
5. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)