|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Cloud's War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Navajo chief finally surrendered in 1866?
(c) Red Cloud
2. What is the most infamous battle of Red Cloud's war?
(a) The Donnor massacre
(b) The Washita massacre
(c) The Connor massacre
(d) The Fetterman massacre
3. What event brought in an unexpected influx of white men to Colorado in 1858?
(a) Opening the Denver mint
(b) Pike's Peak gold rush
(c) California gold rush
(d) Buffalo hunting
4. Name the chief who said the following statement: "The Cheyennes do not break their word."
(a) Chief Black Kettle
(b) Chief One Eye
(c) Chief Lean Bear
(d) Chief Sitting Bull
5. What Cheyennes chief tries to negotiate a truce in the increasing conflict?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Lean Bear
(d) Black Kettle
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
2. What ultimately happens after the Navajo discover they have been cheated?
3. What do the white men call these 5 Sioux chiefs?
4. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
5. What US general declared war on the Navajo and Apache?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)