|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cochise's father in law?
(b) Baja California
(d) Mangas Colorado
2. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
(a) He attacks the court judge
(b) He escapes and moves to Mexico
(c) He has no reaction
(d) He escapes and kills three white men
3. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
4. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
(a) General Hancock
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Custer
(d) General Hood
5. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
(a) Friends of the Great Spirit
(b) Dog soldiers
(c) Storm troopers
(d) Ghost warriors
Short Answer Questions
1. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
4. Cochise dies in what year?
5. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)