|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
(a) He is removed from his command
(b) He is promoted
(c) He is killed
(d) He is courtmartialed
2. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Comanche
(b) The Santee Sioux
(c) The Cheyenne
(d) the Ute
3. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
(a) He tried to live at peace
(b) He immediately tried to drive them away
(c) He moved south to Mexico
(d) He ran into the hill country
4. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Move to Canada
(b) Surrender at Fort Cobb
(c) Return to a reservation
(d) Surrender at Fort Laramie
5. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Sherman
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Hancock
Short Answer Questions
1. Cochise's tribe is allowed to go live in what area?
2. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
3. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
4. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
5. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)