|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
(a) Fort Laramie
(b) Fort Richardson
(c) St. Louis
2. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Hancock
(c) General Hood
(d) General Sherman
3. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
(a) Fort Defiance
(b) Fort Apache
(c) Fort Wise
(d) Fort Tularosa
4. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(b) They leave to attack settlers
(c) They leave to attack other Indians
(d) they don't have enough food
5. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) Winfield Scott Hancock
(b) George Armstrong Custer
(c) William Tecumseh Sherman
(d) William Henry Harrison
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
2. Roman Nose gets upset with a woman preparing his food because she does what?
3. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
4. What Kiowa chief counsels to stay on the reservation?
5. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)