|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Little Crow die?
(a) He is killed while looking for food
(b) He is starved to death
(c) He is taken to Washington and killled by a firing squad
(d) He is hanged for his war crimes
2. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
(a) He is recaptured and imprisoned
(b) The capture and death of Mangus Colorado
(c) He is lied to at a treaty conference
(d) The murder of his wife
3. Roman Nose gets upset with a woman preparing his food because she does what?
(a) Uses a metal spoon
(b) Makes the food too hot
(c) Fails to use wild buffalo
(d) Uses white man's food
4. Who went to visit Abraham Lincoln in Washington?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Little Crow
(d) Crazy Horse
5. Where does Roman Nose die?
(a) Little Big Horn River
(b) Powder River
(c) Washita River
(d) Arikaree Valley
Short Answer Questions
1. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
2. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
4. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
5. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)