|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
(a) Crazy Horse
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Roman Nose
(d) Sitting Bull
2. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Roman Nose
(b) Captain Jack
(c) Little Horse
(d) Chief Joseph
3. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) William Tecumseh Sherman
(b) William Henry Harrison
(c) George Armstrong Custer
(d) Winfield Scott Hancock
4. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
(a) Hangs several chiefs
(b) Declares war on all indians
(c) Goes back to Washington
(d) Atttacks unsuspecting villages
5. Where do Santana and Big Tree go to attend peace talks?
(a) St. Louis
(b) Fort Laramie
(c) Fort Richardson
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chief Santana die?
2. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
3. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
4. Who is Cochise's father in law?
5. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)