|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Custer
(c) General Sheridan
(d) General Connor
2. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
(a) He is recaptured and imprisoned
(b) He is lied to at a treaty conference
(c) The capture and death of Mangus Colorado
(d) The murder of his wife
3. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Captain Jack
(b) Chief Joseph
(c) Little Horse
(d) Roman Nose
4. How does Chief Santana die?
(a) He dies of old age on the reservation
(b) He is killed by Lone Wolf
(c) He is killed in a raid on Fort Richardson
(d) He jumps from a prison hospital window
5. Which warrior refuses to attend thus stopping the talks?
(a) Man Afraid of his Horses
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Dull Knife
(d) Roman Nose
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Fort where the Santee Sioux are kept until they are finally put on a reservation?
2. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
3. What happens when the US soldiers confront two Kiowa chiefs, Santana and Lone Wolf?
4. Where does Roman Nose die?
5. How does Little Crow die?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)