|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
(a) William Sheridan
(b) Edward Wynkoop
(c) Kit Carson
(d) John Bent
2. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Connor
(b) Fort Wise
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Snelling
3. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Little Crow
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Crazy Horse
4. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Standing Deer
(b) Little Tree
(c) Little Horse
(d) Dull Knife
5. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
(b) Lone Wolf
(c) Kicking Bird
(d) Big Tree
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
2. Who is Cochise's father in law?
3. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
4. How does Chief Santana die?
5. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)