|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Custer
(c) General Hood
(d) General Hancock
2. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
(c) Mangas Colorado
3. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Roman Nose
4. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Santee Sioux
(b) The Cheyenne
(c) the Ute
(d) The Comanche
5. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roman Nose specifically refuse to meet with?
2. Cochise finally reaches an agreement with what US General?
3. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
4. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
5. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)