|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Connor
(b) Fort Wise
(c) Fort Defiance
(d) Fort Snelling
2. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
(c) Mangas Colorado
3. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
(a) Fort Apache
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Wise
(d) Fort Tularosa
4. How does Little Crow die?
(a) He is hanged for his war crimes
(b) He is taken to Washington and killled by a firing squad
(c) He is killed while looking for food
(d) He is starved to death
5. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) There are more white settlers to kill
(b) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(c) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(d) They are trying to get to Canada
Short Answer Questions
1. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
2. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
3. Roman Nose gets upset with a woman preparing his food because she does what?
4. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
5. Cochise is a chief for what tribe?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)