|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Tree
(b) Little Horse
(c) Standing Deer
(d) Dull Knife
2. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
(b) Mangas Colorado
3. When Cochise is imprisoned for something he did not do what is his reaction?
(a) He escapes and kills three white men
(b) He escapes and moves to Mexico
(c) He attacks the court judge
(d) He has no reaction
4. What Kiowa chief eventually leads the tribe off of the reservation?
(a) Ten Bears
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Kicking Bird
(d) Sitting Bull
5. What Indian chief leads a raid that ends in killings at Fort Richardson?
(b) Kicking Bird
(c) Lone Wolf
(d) Big Tree
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roman Nose refuses to return to talk to Hancock what does Hancock do?
2. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
3. When the white men first appeared what was Cochise's attitude?
4. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
5. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)