|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
(a) William Tecumseh Sherman
(b) Winfield Scott Hancock
(c) William Henry Harrison
(d) George Armstrong Custer
2. Of the 3,700,000 buffalo killed from 1872 to 1874 how many were killed by the Indian tribes?
3. In 1868 the Cheyenne, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Comanche are ordered to do what?
(a) Surrender at Fort Laramie
(b) Surrender at Fort Cobb
(c) Return to a reservation
(d) Move to Canada
4. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
(a) Kit Carson
(b) William Sheridan
(c) Edward Wynkoop
(d) John Bent
5. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Comanche
(b) The Cheyenne
(c) The Santee Sioux
(d) the Ute
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
2. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
3. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
4. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
5. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)