|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Little Horse
(c) Dull Knife
(d) Red Cloud
2. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) they don't have enough food
(b) They leave to attack other Indians
(c) They want to go to their sacred grounds
(d) They leave to attack settlers
3. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
4. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
(b) Sign a temporary treaty
(c) Kill and mutilate him
(d) Run him out of their territory
5. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
(a) The assasination of Abraham Lincoln
(b) The establishment of a new stagecoach line
(c) The establishment of a new fort
(d) The establishment of a cattle drive
Short Answer Questions
1. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
4. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
5. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)