|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The great Cheyennes warriors are called what?
(a) Friends of the Great Spirit
(b) Storm troopers
(c) Dog soldiers
(d) Ghost warriors
2. Roman Nose gets upset with a woman preparing his food because she does what?
(a) Uses a metal spoon
(b) Uses white man's food
(c) Fails to use wild buffalo
(d) Makes the food too hot
3. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Kill and mutilate him
(b) Sign a temporary treaty
(c) Run him out of their territory
(d) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
4. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
(a) Roman Nose
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Crazy Horse
5. What white man tries to get these Indians to sign a peace treaty?
(a) John Bent
(b) Edward Wynkoop
(c) William Sheridan
(d) Kit Carson
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
2. The chiefs are asked to come and meet with yet another white general to talk about peace, who is this person?
3. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
4. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
5. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)