|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Sheridan
(c) General Custer
(d) General Connor
2. What Kiowa chief eventually leads the tribe off of the reservation?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Crazy Horse
(c) Ten Bears
(d) Kicking Bird
3. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) The Santee Sioux
(b) The Cheyenne
(c) The Comanche
(d) the Ute
4. What event in January of 1863 causes Cochise to go back on the war path?
(a) He is recaptured and imprisoned
(b) The capture and death of Mangus Colorado
(c) He is lied to at a treaty conference
(d) The murder of his wife
5. Of the 3,700,000 buffalo killed from 1872 to 1874 how many were killed by the Indian tribes?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Kiowas and Comanches go to what state to kill whites?
2. Who absolves many of the Santee Sioux of their war crimes?
3. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
4. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
5. In 1871 what Apache chief is killed?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)