|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
(a) A silver dollar
(b) A musket
(d) An American flag
2. When Cochise falls deathly ill, who tries to save him?
(a) A US Army Surgeon
(b) An Apache medicine man
(c) A Doctor from Reno, Nevada
(d) A Mormon missionary
3. What is the result of Hancock's actions?
(a) He is killed
(b) He is removed from his command
(c) He is courtmartialed
(d) He is promoted
4. Whose comment became the famous phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Custer
(c) General Hancock
(d) General Sheridan
5. Most of the Apache have moved to reservations or have left Arizona by what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cochise's father in law?
2. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
3. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
4. News of what event angers Roman Nose?
5. What fort is involved in Little Crow's War?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)