|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War to Save the Buffalo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Sign a temporary treaty
(b) Run him out of their territory
(c) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
(d) Kill and mutilate him
2. What large group of Indians lived about a thousand miles north of the Navajo?
(a) the Ute
(b) The Comanche
(c) The Cheyenne
(d) The Santee Sioux
3. How does Chief Santana die?
(a) He is killed in a raid on Fort Richardson
(b) He dies of old age on the reservation
(c) He is killed by Lone Wolf
(d) He jumps from a prison hospital window
4. Cochise's tribe is offered protection at what fort?
(a) Fort Tularosa
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Apache
(d) Fort Wise
5. What causes the Santee Sioux to want to leave the reservation?
(a) They leave to attack settlers
(b) they don't have enough food
(c) They leave to attack other Indians
(d) They want to go to their sacred grounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the chief who visited Lincoln receive as a gift?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. The Wdewkantons, the Wahpetons, the Wahpekutes, and the Sissetons make up what Indian nation?
4. Who was chief of the Wdewkantons?
5. Who is sent to deal with the Kiowa Indians who are not obeying the orders given them?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)