|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(b) They are trying to get to Canada
(c) There are more white settlers to kill
(d) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
2. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Sherman
(c) Indian agent Kemple
(d) Three Stars Crook
3. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Captain Jack
(c) Little Horse
(d) Roman Nose
4. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
(b) Kidnap Canby
(c) Report Canby to his superiors
(d) Kill Canby
5. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(c) Nez Perces
Short Answer Questions
1. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
2. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
3. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
4. Who is Big Snake?
5. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)