|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Little Horse
(c) Roman Nose
(d) Captain Jack
2. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he can run for office
(b) That he is a person like any other citizen
(c) That he has no standing in court
(d) That he should be executed
3. Who is Big Snake?
(a) Standing Bear's killer
(b) Standing Bear's father
(c) Standing Bear's brother
(d) Standing Bear's Son
4. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Kidnaps him
(b) Gives him to Hooker Jim
(c) Turns him over to renegade indians
(d) Kills him
5. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) To protect his sister
(b) To protect his sacred homeland
(c) To protect Hooker Jim
(d) The soldiers had killed his family
Short Answer Questions
1. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
4. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
5. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)