|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Sioux
(b) The Apache
(c) The Nez Perce
(d) The Klamath
2. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Quapaw Reservation
(b) Qualla Reservation
(c) Tongue River Reservation
(d) Washita Reservation
3. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) To protect his sister
(b) The soldiers had killed his family
(c) To protect Hooker Jim
(d) To protect his sacred homeland
4. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
5. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Tree
(b) Dull Knife
(c) Little Horse
(d) Standing Deer
Short Answer Questions
1. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
2. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
4. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
5. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)