|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Tree
(b) Dull Knife
(c) Standing Deer
(d) Little Horse
2. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(b) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
(c) Help round up other indian tribes
(d) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
3. Who is Big Snake?
(a) Standing Bear's brother
(b) Standing Bear's killer
(c) Standing Bear's Son
(d) Standing Bear's father
4. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
(a) Captain Jack
(b) Captain Jack's sister
(c) Hooker Jim
(d) The entire Modoc tribe
5. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Connor
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Wise
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Captain Jack move his tribe?
2. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
3. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
4. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
5. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)