|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(b) There are more white settlers to kill
(c) They are trying to get to Canada
(d) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
2. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Kidnap Canby
(b) Kill Canby
(c) Report Canby to his superiors
(d) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) John Clark
(b) James Sawyers
(c) Patrick Connor
(d) John Bent
4. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Tree
(b) Dull Knife
(c) Standing Deer
(d) Little Horse
5. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Roman Nose
(b) Little Horse
(c) Captain Jack
(d) Chief Joseph
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
2. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
3. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
4. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
5. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)