|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he should be executed
(b) That he can run for office
(c) That he is a person like any other citizen
(d) That he has no standing in court
2. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
(a) Captain Jack's sister
(b) Hooker Jim
(c) The entire Modoc tribe
(d) Captain Jack
3. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
(a) To protect Hooker Jim
(b) To protect his sacred homeland
(c) To protect his sister
(d) The soldiers had killed his family
4. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
(b) The Massacre at Sand Creek
(c) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
(d) The Battle of the Washita
5. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
(a) He is killed by another Indian
(b) He is put in prison
(c) He is killed by a guard
(d) He has to walk home which is 500 miles away
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
2. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
3. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
4. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
5. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)