|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
(b) Nez Perce
2. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) Indian agent Kemple
(b) General Sheridan
(c) Three Stars Crook
(d) General Sherman
3. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Kidnap Canby
(b) Report Canby to his superiors
(c) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
(d) Kill Canby
4. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(b) Nez Perces
5. Where does Captain Jack move his tribe?
(a) The Canyonlands
(b) The California lava beds
(c) Death Valley
(d) The Utah salt flats
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
2. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
3. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
4. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
5. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)