|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
2. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(b) Help round up other indian tribes
(c) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
(d) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
3. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) There are more white settlers to kill
(b) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(c) They are trying to get to Canada
(d) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
4. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
(a) He is killed by another Indian
(b) He is killed by a guard
(c) He is put in prison
(d) He has to walk home which is 500 miles away
5. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) John Clark
(b) James Sawyers
(c) John Bent
(d) Patrick Connor
Short Answer Questions
1. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
2. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
3. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
4. What name is Kintpuash usually known by?
5. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)