|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
(a) Quapaw Reservation
(b) Tongue River Reservation
(c) Washita Reservation
(d) Qualla Reservation
2. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Apache
(b) The Nez Perce
(c) The Klamath
(d) The Sioux
3. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he can run for office
(b) That he has no standing in court
(c) That he is a person like any other citizen
(d) That he should be executed
4. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
(a) Chief Joseph
(b) Little Horse
(c) Roman Nose
(d) Captain Jack
5. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) General Sherman
(b) General Sheridan
(c) Indian agent Kemple
(d) Three Stars Crook
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
2. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
3. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
4. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
5. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)