|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Kintpuash usually known by?
(a) Captain Jack
(b) Ely Parker
(c) Hooker Jim
2. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
(b) Help round up other indian tribes
(c) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(d) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
3. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Connor
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Snelling
(d) Fort Wise
4. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
5. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(c) Northern California
Short Answer Questions
1. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
2. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
3. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
4. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
5. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)