|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
(a) Nez Perces
2. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They are trying to get to Canada
(b) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(c) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(d) There are more white settlers to kill
3. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
(d) Nez Perce
4. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Roman Nose
(c) Crazy Horse
(d) Red Cloud
5. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
(a) Kill and mutilate him
(b) Make him an honorary member of their tribe
(c) Run him out of their territory
(d) Sign a temporary treaty
Short Answer Questions
1. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
2. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
3. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
4. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
5. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)