|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Connor
(d) Fort Wise
2. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
3. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Horse
(b) Standing Deer
(c) Little Tree
(d) Dull Knife
4. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(b) They are trying to get to Canada
(c) There are more white settlers to kill
(d) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
5. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
(d) Northern California
Short Answer Questions
1. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
2. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
3. Who is Big Snake?
4. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
5. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)