|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
(d) Nez Perce
2. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Custer
(b) General Sheridan
(c) General Connor
(d) General Sherman
3. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
(a) He is put in prison
(b) He is killed by another Indian
(c) He is killed by a guard
(d) He has to walk home which is 500 miles away
4. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) James Sawyers
(b) Patrick Connor
(c) John Bent
(d) John Clark
5. Where was Kintpuash's tribe moved to by the US government?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
2. Red Cloud and Dull Knife do what with James Sawyers?
3. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
4. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
5. Who is Big Snake?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)