|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Little Tree
(b) Standing Deer
(c) Little Horse
(d) Dull Knife
2. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Kidnaps him
(b) Kills him
(c) Gives him to Hooker Jim
(d) Turns him over to renegade indians
3. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
(b) The Massacre at Sand Creek
(c) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
(d) The Battle of the Washita
4. What ruling does a court make concerning Standing Bear?
(a) That he should be executed
(b) That he is a person like any other citizen
(c) That he has no standing in court
(d) That he can run for office
5. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
(a) Captain Jack's sister
(b) The entire Modoc tribe
(c) Captain Jack
(d) Hooker Jim
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
2. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
3. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
4. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
5. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)