|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Red Cloud
(b) Dull Knife
(c) Sitting Bull
(d) Little Horse
2. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
3. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
(b) They are trying to get to Canada
(c) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(d) There are more white settlers to kill
4. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
(a) Turns him over to renegade indians
(b) Kidnaps him
(c) Kills him
(d) Gives him to Hooker Jim
5. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Nez Perce
(b) The Klamath
(c) The Sioux
(d) The Apache
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the Sioux's most famous warriors during the Powder River encounters goes by what name?
2. Standing Bear is a chief for what tribe?
3. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
4. Who is Big Snake?
5. In what tribe was Kintpuash a chief?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)