|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) Patrick Connor
(b) John Clark
(c) John Bent
(d) James Sawyers
2. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
(b) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(c) Help round up other indian tribes
(d) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
3. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Sherman
(c) Three Stars Crook
(d) Indian agent Kemple
4. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Dull Knife
(b) Red Cloud
(c) Little Horse
(d) Sitting Bull
5. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) There are more white settlers to kill
(b) They are trying to get to Canada
(c) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(d) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
2. What name is Kintpuash usually known by?
3. The Arapahos scatter and join in with some Sioux Indians, their total number is about how many warriors?
4. Where does Captain Jack move his tribe?
5. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)