|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(b) They are trying to get to Canada
(c) There are more white settlers to kill
(d) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
2. What happens to Standing Bear when he refuses to sign a treaty with the government?
(a) He is put in prison
(b) He is killed by another Indian
(c) He is killed by a guard
(d) He has to walk home which is 500 miles away
3. One of the leaders of the Sioux warriors is a Hunkpapa chief named what?
(a) Little Horse
(b) Dull Knife
(c) Red Cloud
(d) Sitting Bull
4. Who is Big Snake?
(a) Standing Bear's brother
(b) Standing Bear's father
(c) Standing Bear's Son
(d) Standing Bear's killer
5. What name is Kintpuash usually known by?
(a) Ely Parker
(b) Hooker Jim
(d) Captain Jack
Short Answer Questions
1. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
2. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
3. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
4. In what tribe was Hooker Jim a leader?
5. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)