|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
(a) Battle of Tongue River that happened in the Moon when Geese shed their Feathers
(b) The Massacre at Sand Creek
(c) The Battle of the Powder River and the Little Big Horn Mountain
(d) The Battle of the Washita
2. What tribe abused the Modoc tribe?
(a) The Klamath
(b) The Sioux
(c) The Nez Perce
(d) The Apache
3. What does Captain Jack agree to do to officer Canby if he will not agree to allow the Modoc to return to their homelands?
(a) Kill Canby
(b) Kidnap Canby
(c) Report Canby to his superiors
(d) Allow Hooker Jim to ambush Canby
4. The Sioux warriors force the soldiers to retreat to what fort?
(a) Fort Snelling
(b) Fort Defiance
(c) Fort Wise
(d) Fort Connor
5. Who orders Standing Bear to take his tribe to the Indian territory?
(a) Indian agent Kemple
(b) General Sherman
(c) Three Stars Crook
(d) General Sheridan
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "When the white man comes in my country he leaves a trail of blood."?
2. What is the name of the reservation where the Poncas are required to stay?
3. In 1873 why does Captain Jack decide to fight the white soldiers?
4. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
5. Who is killed for Hooker Jim's crimes?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)