|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Standing Bear Becomes a Person.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led a private expedition into the Powder River region in 1865?
(a) John Clark
(b) John Bent
(c) Patrick Connor
(d) James Sawyers
2. In 1865 what US General was preparing a new military initiative against the Indians near the Black Hills?
(a) General Sheridan
(b) General Custer
(c) General Connor
(d) General Sherman
3. What Cheyennes warrior warns an Arapaho village of an impending attack by Connor's men?
(a) Dull Knife
(b) Little Tree
(c) Standing Deer
(d) Little Horse
4. When captured, what does Hooker Jim offer to do?
(a) Help round up other indian tribes
(b) Turn Captain Jack over to the soldiers
(c) Lead his tribe back to the reservation
(d) Serve as a scout for the soldiers
5. Why do the Sioux move into the Black Hills?
(a) They are trying to get to Canada
(b) There are more white settlers to kill
(c) The antelope and buffalo are more numerous
(d) They follow the soldiers into the Black Hills
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the warning, Connor's men are able to kill about how many indians?
2. Where did Kintpuash's tribe live until after 1850?
3. Who is Big Snake?
4. What name did the Arapaho give to the attack of Connor's men on the Arapaho village that resulted in the slaughter of 50 Indians?
5. What does Captain Jack do to Canby?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)