Objective: To allow the students to see the extent of the Native American culture in the US and begin to understand the diversity that existed among the tribes.
1) - Give each student a geographic area within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Have each student research to identify any and all Native American tribes that resided within their area a some point from 1600 to 1800.
- Have each student research and discover three facts which serve to help identify or characterize this tribe.
- Mount a large map of the United States in the room showing the geographic areas which you have assigned.
- Have each student give a brief report on their findings and identify on the map the tribes they found inhabited their assigned area.
- As a class discuss your collective findings.
Objective: The Cherokees were among the largest and, most civilized and developed cultures...
This section contains 4,633 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)