Their Manners Are Decorous and Praiseworthy
* Columbus discovers the Native Americans and calls them "Indios."
* Native Americans become known as Indians.
* Pattern of driving Indians off of their land begins almost immediately.
* A pattern of Indians trying to help the incoming whites begins with the Pilgrims.
* The Iroquios nations are scattered.
* Whites rely on land ownership and deeds for property, something Indians do not understand.
* Pontiac and Tecumseh fail to stop the advance of the whites.
* Indians are given all lands west of the Mississippi as a permanent land by Andrew Jackson.
* Cherokees are removed and led on the "Trail of Tears."
* The gold rush of 1849 moves more and more whites into Indian country.
* Manifest Destiny becomes the basis for government policy.
* The Civil War delays the final removal of the Indian nations.
The Long Walk of the Navahos
* The Navajos are cheated by the whites.
* Manuelito loses...
This section contains 1,546 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)