|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he sneaks over to check on Duncan, how does Garp actually enter Mrs. Ralph's house?
(a) By climbing a ladder up to the second floor balcony.
(b) Through the window he is peeking through.
(c) Through the door.
(d) Through the basement.
2. What happens to Duncan in Garp's dream?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) He asks his dad for help.
(c) He chooses the wrong door.
(d) He gets sucked out of a plane.
3. How does Garp have to communicate after his car accident?
(a) By grunting and pointing.
(b) By using sign language.
(c) By speaking Spanish.
(d) By writing little notes.
4. How does Garp feel about what happens to Duncan in his dream?
(d) Nothing--which makes Garp sad.
5. What happens to Garp in Garp's dream?
(a) He is too stupid to help Duncan with his homework.
(b) He can't remember how to write.
(c) He teaches Duncan how to wrestle with a bear.
(d) He is also sucked out of an airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What final act prompts Garp to take Duncan home from Mrs. Ralph's house?
2. Where do the Garps go to recover after their car accident?
3. What kind of bed does Mrs. Ralph have?
4. What type of business does Mrs. Truckenmiller claim to operate?
5. Whose student paper is Helen caught reading one night when Garp realizes she's not in bed?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)