|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship do Roberta Muldoon and Garp quickly develop?
(a) They become lovers.
(b) They become best friends.
(c) They become sworn enemies.
(d) Roberta becomes a nanny for Garp's sick mother.
2. What is Stewart Percy's formal role at Steering?
(a) Chief doctor.
(b) School secretary.
(c) We never learn.
(d) School chef.
3. What does Garp not like in some sports?
(a) Having to play on a team.
(b) Using a racket.
(d) Using a ball.
4. Who is Charlotte?
(a) Garp's girlfriend in Vienna.
(b) The name of the prostitute's hairstylist.
(c) The prostitute Jenny ends up speaking with.
(d) Garp and Jenny's landlord.
5. Who chooses Garp's sport at Steering?
(b) He is assigned.
(c) The dean.
(d) Garp picks a sport out of a hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Robert Muldoon?
2. Where do Garp and Jenny plan to go after Garp's graduation?
3. What is the name of Garp's first important story?
4. What is the name of Jenny's publisher?
5. What project does Jenny begin in Vienna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Garp want a second child?
2. How do Duncan and Garp finally make it home after Garp takes Duncan from Mrs. Ralph's house?
3. What is Garp's second novel about?
4. Why is Jenny transferred out of the obstetrics ward?
5. What plan does Helen come up with for helping Harrison and Alice's marriage?
6. What does Helen think about Garp's short story to Walt (about the dog and the cat)?
7. What does Garp's dream (when Duncan is at Ralph's house) symbolize?
8. What does Garp think is the source of Helen's bruises (while she is having an affair)?
9. What does Jenny's attack on the man in the movie theater show the reader about her character?
10. What does Mrs. Ralph keep claiming that she will eventually do to Garp?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)