|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Garp's second book?
(a) The World According to My Mother.
(b) Second Wind of the Cuckold.
(d) Helen and Garp: A Love Story.
2. What drink do Jenny and Garp share after his graduation?
(b) A martini.
(c) A margarita.
3. How do Ellen Jamesians communicate?
(a) By using sign language.
(b) By writing little notes.
(c) By grunting only.
(d) By talking.
4. Who is Charlotte?
(a) The prostitute Jenny ends up speaking with.
(b) Garp and Jenny's landlord.
(c) The name of the prostitute's hairstylist.
(d) Garp's girlfriend in Vienna.
5. Who is Mrs. Ralph?
(a) A nun who lives next door.
(b) Ralph's mother.
(c) Ralph's babysitter.
(d) Helen's colleague at the college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is involved in Garp's rescue from the Steering gutter?
2. What is the name of Garp's older sister?
3. What is the name of Steering's wrestling coach?
4. Who chooses Garp's sport at Steering?
5. What characteristics is Mr. Tinch best known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Garp and Cushie respond when they hear Fat Stew bellowing for Cushie's return?
2. Why does Jenny take so many classes at Steering?
3. What does the nickname "blue and blood" for Steering's colors allude to?
4. What do Garp's dreams about his children foreshadow?
5. How does Garp feel about his mother's gift of money so he can get a prostitute?
6. What is the Under Toad?
7. What does Helen think happens when Garp spends so long at Mrs. Ralph's house?
8. What does Mrs. Ralph keep claiming that she will eventually do to Garp?
9. Why is Garp worried about Duncan spending the night at Ralph's house?
10. Why does Jenny leave Wellesley?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)