|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friend's house does Duncan like to spend the night at?
2. What is the name of Helen's older sister?
(d) Helen doesn't have any siblings.
3. What does Jenny notably compliment a prostitute on?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her dignity.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her fur muff.
4. What form of revenge does Garp get on Bonkers?
(a) He bites the dog's ear off.
(b) He feeds him food that makes him sick.
(c) He accidentaly hits him with a car.
(d) He has him put to sleep.
5. What does Jenny offer to do to Bonkers after Bonkers attacks Garp?
(a) Take care of him.
(b) Put him to sleep.
(c) Punish him.
(d) Find another home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harrison Fletcher?
2. What happened to Ernie's wife?
3. What sad figure does Garp come across one day while jogging in the park?
4. Who is Mrs. Ralph?
5. Where do Garp and Charlotte most frequently meet for their conversations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ernie Holm die?
2. Why does Jenny try to keep Helen and Garp apart?
3. Why is Jenny fired from the hospital?
4. What part needs to be fixed on the Garps' car?
5. What starts the feud between Jenny and the Percies?
6. What does Garp's bedtime story to Walt symbolize?
7. What does Jenny say to Fat Stew when he complains about what Garp did to his dog?
8. What role does Garp play for Jenny when they are in Vienna?
9. What does Mrs. Ralph keep claiming that she will eventually do to Garp?
10. Why is Garp worried about Duncan spending the night at Ralph's house?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)