|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friend's house does Duncan like to spend the night at?
2. While at Steering, what is Garp shocked to find in an old cannon?
(a) Items his mom tried to hide.
(b) A picture of himself.
(c) A dead pigeon.
3. What is Garp known for chasing throughout his neighborhood?
(a) People on unicycles.
(b) Speeding cars.
(c) People on bicycles.
(d) Dogs that remind him of Bonkers.
4. Who is Mrs. Ralph?
(a) Helen's colleague at the college.
(b) A nun who lives next door.
(c) Ralph's mother.
(d) Ralph's babysitter.
5. What happens to Helen's glasses every time she watches a wrestling match?
(a) They get broken.
(b) Helen never wears glasses.
(c) They fog up.
(d) She loses them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Mrs. Ralph throw at Garp when he catches her speeding?
2. What does Garp write to Helen about right before he and Jenny leave Vienna?
3. What reason does Alice give Garp about why she can't write?
4. How is Jenny's book received?
5. Why do the Fletchers eventually move away from the Garps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the nickname "blue and blood" for Steering's colors allude to?
2. What does Helen think happens when Garp spends so long at Mrs. Ralph's house?
3. What does Helen think about Garp's short story to Walt (about the dog and the cat)?
4. What role does Garp play for Jenny when they are in Vienna?
5. When they are first introduced in the novel, what do the Ellen Jamesians symbolize?
6. Why is Jenny transferred out of the obstetrics ward?
7. How does Roberta Muldoon enter Garp's life?
8. Why does Jenny try to keep Helen and Garp apart?
9. Why is Jenny nervous when Garp plays with the Percy children?
10. What does Mrs. Ralph tell Garp that both of their sons like to do at her house?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)