|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What household duties does Garp usually take care of?
(a) Managing their finances only.
(b) Cooking only.
(c) Childcare, cleaning, and cooking.
(d) None of them--he's the man.
2. What is Jenny's role at Steering?
(a) She is the school nurse.
(b) She is the dean.
(c) She is the director of admissions.
(d) She is an English professor.
3. Who pays for Charlotte's medical care?
(c) The state.
4. What does Garp not like in some sports?
(a) Using a racket.
(b) Using a ball.
(d) Having to play on a team.
5. What is Steering?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A private boy's school.
(c) The name of a street.
(d) A women's shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charlotte?
2. What does Jenny's father do for a living?
3. What body part does Garp lose to Bonkers?
4. Who is involved in Garp's rescue from the Steering gutter?
5. What means of transportation does Garp not like to take while in Vienna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenny's insistence that she continue to wear her nurse's uniform symbolize?
2. What does Mrs. Ralph keep claiming that she will eventually do to Garp?
3. How does Ellen James fit into Garp's family?
4. Where does the chapter title of _The World According to Bensenhaver_ come from?
5. What does Helen wish about the way Garp treats their children?
6. What does Garp say about his own death while at John Wolf's house with Helen?
7. What part needs to be fixed on the Garps' car?
8. What does the nickname "blue and blood" for Steering's colors allude to?
9. Why is Jenny fired from the hospital?
10. How does Garp react to the Ellen Jamesians after Ellen's article is published?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)