|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Duncan get to his friend's house?
(a) He rides his bike.
(b) Garp drives him.
(c) He takes the bus.
(d) He walks.
2. Who is Roberta Muldoon?
(a) Robert Muldoon's sister.
(b) Robert Muldoon after sex-reassignment surgery.
(c) Robert Muldoon's daughter.
(d) Robert Muldoon's mistress.
3. What household duties does Garp usually take care of?
(a) Cooking only.
(b) Managing their finances only.
(c) None of them--he's the man.
(d) Childcare, cleaning, and cooking.
4. What is the only word Technical Sergent Garp is able to say when he's admitted to the hospital?
(a) He can't say anything.
(b) Thank you.
5. Where do Garp and Jenny plan to go after Garp's graduation?
(a) Out west somewhere.
(b) New York City.
(c) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Mrs. Ralph throw at Garp when he catches her speeding?
2. What is the name of Jenny's publisher?
3. How old is Jenny Fields when the novel opens?
4. What does Jenny pay a prostitute for?
5. Where do Garp and Charlotte most frequently meet for their conversations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helen think happens when Garp spends so long at Mrs. Ralph's house?
2. What does Helen's inability to attend Steering symbolize?
3. What plan does Helen come up with for helping Harrison and Alice's marriage?
4. Why is Jenny so interested in speaking with the prostitutes?
5. Why does Jenny leave Wellesley?
6. Why is Jenny fired from the hospital?
7. How does Garp react to the Ellen Jamesians after Ellen's article is published?
8. What does Garp's dream (when Duncan is at Ralph's house) symbolize?
9. Why is Jenny nervous when Garp plays with the Percy children?
10. Why does Garp bond so well with Ernie Holm?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)