Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Helen's older sister?
(b) Helen doesn't have any siblings.
2. When Jenny announces she wants to become pregnant but not have a relationship, what does she receive?
(a) Baby clothes.
(b) Many offers to be the father from her male colleagues.
(c) Hate mail.
(d) Many baby gifts.
3. How does Garp spend his time when he first arrives in Vienna?
(a) Exploring all the city has to offer.
(b) Going out on the club scene.
(c) Writing in the library.
(d) Staying in the hotel writing.
4. How does Jenny respond to Garp's crush on Helen?
(a) She attempts to keep them apart.
(b) She writes Garp a long letter.
(c) She writes Helen a long letter.
(d) She threatens Helen.
5. What is the name of Garp's first important story?
(a) Jenny, My Mother and Friend.
(b) My Time in Vienna.
(c) The Pension Grillparzer.
(d) The Grillparzer Pension.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Mrs. Ralph have in her car when Garp catches her speeding?
2. Why is the young Garp labeled "mischievous" by the people at Steering?
3. Who is Charlotte?
4. Who is Harrison Fletcher?
5. Who is Mrs. Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ernie Holm die?
2. What role does Garp play for Jenny when they are in Vienna?
3. What is symbolic about the book that Mrs. Ralph has in her car when Garp chases her down for speeding?
4. Where do Helen and Garp get most of their money during the first several years of their marriage?
5. What qualities in Mrs. Ralph does Garp also see in himself?
6. What does Garp say about his own death while at John Wolf's house with Helen?
7. How is Garp's second novel received?
8. Where does the chapter title of _The World According to Bensenhaver_ come from?
9. Why is Jenny fired from the hospital?
10. What does Jenny say to Fat Stew when he complains about what Garp did to his dog?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)