|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Garp's reactions when he learns what Charlotte means when she refers to her "purse" being taken?
(a) He is worried.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is not surprised.
(d) He is mad at her.
2. When she is young, who does Helen say she wants to marry?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A professional wrestler.
(c) A writer.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does Helen agree to do after receiving Garp's first novel?
(a) Edit it.
(b) Read it and provide feedback.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Give it to her father.
4. What means of transportation does Garp not like to take while in Vienna?
(a) Carpool vans.
(d) The bus.
5. What happens to Helen's glasses every time she watches a wrestling match?
(a) Helen never wears glasses.
(b) She loses them.
(c) They fog up.
(d) They get broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Robert Muldoon?
2. Who is Harrison Fletcher having an affair with?
3. Who does Garp have his first extra-marital affair with?
4. What book does Mrs. Ralph have in her car when Garp catches her speeding?
5. What does Jenny offer to do to Bonkers after Bonkers attacks Garp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Garp think is the source of Helen's bruises (while she is having an affair)?
2. What qualities in Mrs. Ralph does Garp also see in himself?
3. What does Mrs. Ralph keep claiming that she will eventually do to Garp?
4. Who is Donald Whitcomb?
5. Garp dies at the age of 33. Why is this number important to know in literature?
6. Why does Garp decide to become a writer?
7. How does John Wolf respond to Jenny's book?
8. What does Garp say about his own death while at John Wolf's house with Helen?
9. Why does Garp want a second child?
10. Where do Helen and Garp get most of their money during the first several years of their marriage?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)