|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of revenge does Garp get on Bonkers?
(a) He has him put to sleep.
(b) He bites the dog's ear off.
(c) He feeds him food that makes him sick.
(d) He accidentaly hits him with a car.
2. What means of transportation does Garp not like to take while in Vienna?
(a) The bus.
(d) Carpool vans.
3. What does Helen agree to do after receiving Garp's first novel?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Give it to her father.
(c) Read it and provide feedback.
(d) Edit it.
4. What happens to Charlotte that makes her so hard to find?
(a) She has been diagnosed with cancer.
(b) She has been kidnapped.
(c) She only works at nights now.
(d) She had surgery so she looks different.
5. Where does Jenny go after being fired from the hospital?
(a) To her parents' estate.
(b) To a women's shelter.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Helen's glasses every time she watches a wrestling match?
2. What object does Mrs. Ralph throw at Garp when he catches her speeding?
3. What does Mr. Tinch encourage Garp to do?
4. What reason does Alice give Garp about why she can't write?
5. What does Jenny's father do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Garp's bedtime story to Walt symbolize?
2. Who do Garp and Helen decide are to blame for the car accident?
3. What does Jenny's attack on the man in the movie theater show the reader about her character?
4. What bad driving habit does Garp have when he's coming home?
5. How does Ellen James fit into Garp's family?
6. Why do Garp and Helen decide to have a third child?
7. What plan does Helen come up with for helping Harrison and Alice's marriage?
8. How does Jenny find her publisher?
9. What important role does "Cushie" play in Garp's life while he's at Steering?
10. Why does Garp bond so well with Ernie Holm?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)