|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jenny's publisher?
(a) John Wolf.
(b) Wolfing James.
(c) Wolf John.
(d) James Wolfing.
2. Who is the "real" Franz Grillparzer?
(a) Jenny and Garp's crazy neighbor.
(b) A famous chef in Vienna.
(c) A famous Viennese poet and dramatist.
(d) A famous sculptor.
3. What sport does Garp eventually end up playing at Steering?
(d) Track and field.
4. How does Garp spend his time when he first arrives in Vienna?
(a) Exploring all the city has to offer.
(b) Going out on the club scene.
(c) Writing in the library.
(d) Staying in the hotel writing.
5. What means of transportation does Garp not like to take while in Vienna?
(b) Carpool vans.
(c) The bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jenny Fields when the novel opens?
2. What is the only word Technical Sergent Garp is able to say when he's admitted to the hospital?
3. What does Jenny pay a prostitute for?
4. Why do the Fletchers eventually move away from the Garps?
5. What object does Mrs. Ralph throw at Garp when he catches her speeding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ralph keep claiming that she will eventually do to Garp?
2. How does Jenny find her publisher?
3. What does Jenny's attack on the man in the movie theater show the reader about her character?
4. Why does Helen react the way she does when she sees Jenny for the first time?
5. What does Helen wish about the way Garp treats their children?
6. How do Duncan and Garp finally make it home after Garp takes Duncan from Mrs. Ralph's house?
7. What part needs to be fixed on the Garps' car?
8. What do Garp's dreams about his children foreshadow?
9. How does Ellen James fit into Garp's family?
10. How does Garp react to the Ellen Jamesians after Ellen's article is published?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)