|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Margie Tallworth?
(a) A student of Helen's.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Michael Milton's ex-girlfriend.
(d) Someone who sees Michael and Helen together in a car.
2. Who does Garp leave in charge of Dog's Head Harbor?
(a) Cushie Percy.
(c) John Wolf.
3. How does Garp feel about what happens to Duncan in his dream?
(c) Nothing--which makes Garp sad.
4. Who does Helen end up having an affair with?
(a) Roberta Muldoon.
(b) Fat Stew.
(c) Duncan's babysitter.
(d) Michael Milton.
5. What kind of car do the Garps own?
(a) A Volvo.
(b) A really old station wagon that looks like a hearse.
(c) A Ford truck.
(d) A BMW.
6. What is the dog is Garp's story to Walt chained to?
(a) A fire hydrant.
(b) An old truck.
(c) A stake in the ground.
(d) An old tree.
7. During her affair with a student, where do Helen's bruises come from?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her new aerobics class.
(c) Michael Milton.
(d) Playing with her kids.
8. What do Garp and Mrs. Ralph show each other when Garp is over at her house?
(a) Their tatoos.
(b) Their private parts.
(c) Their scars.
(d) Their ugly feet.
9. How does Garp dress while attending the first feminist funeral?
(a) As a woman.
(b) Like a priest.
(c) Like a policeman.
(d) In all black.
10. What does Duncan see while looking down at the street from John Wolf's office?
(a) A robbery.
(b) Many people who are crippled.
(c) A runaway horse.
(d) A runaway car.
11. When Garp goes to Ralph's house to check on Duncan, what does Garp find him doing?
(a) Fighting with Ralph.
(b) Reading magazines.
(c) Sleeping in the living room.
(d) Sneaking alcohol with Ralph.
12. Whose phone calls continually wake up Garp (and Helen) in the middle of the night?
(c) Mrs. Ralph's.
13. What moves so that the dog ends up being closer to the cat in the story Garp tells Walt?
(a) The truck moves a little each day.
(b) There is an earthquake and the street moves a little.
(c) The owner moves the stake in the ground.
(d) The cat mistakenly moves too close.
14. What happens to Walt as a result of the car accident in his driveway?
(a) He loses his right arm.
(b) He loses his right eye.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is paralyzed.
15. What image does Garp see of Jenny when he and his family are flying to Europe before his book's release?
(a) Michael Milton talking to reporters.
(b) Walt waving goodbye to them.
(c) John Wolf running after the plane.
(d) Jenny floating above the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to run Garp over while he is jogging down the road?
2. How does Garp have to communicate after his car accident?
3. What final act prompts Garp to take Duncan home from Mrs. Ralph's house?
4. Where do the Garps go to recover after their car accident?
5. What kind of bed does Mrs. Ralph have?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)