|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alice Fletcher?
(a) One of Helen's colleagues at the university.
(b) One of Duncan's babysitters.
(c) The person who cleans the Garps' house.
(d) A writer and the wife of Harrison Fletcher.
2. Where do Garp and Jenny plan to go after Garp's graduation?
(b) South America.
(c) Out west somewhere.
(d) New York City.
3. What means of transportation does Garp not like to take while in Vienna?
(a) Carpool vans.
(c) The bus.
4. How does Jenny Garp handle her alcohol?
(a) Very well.
(b) It makes her sing a lot.
(c) She never drinks.
(d) Not very well at all.
5. What does Jenny pay a prostitute for?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her fur muff.
(c) The time to talk with her about her profession.
(d) The name of her hairstylist.
6. Who is "Cushie"?
(a) The school secretary.
(b) One of the Percy girls.
(c) A nurse who works with Jenny.
(d) A teacher.
7. Who comes to Jenny's rescue after she is assaulted in the movie theater?
(a) Her dad.
(b) Her mom.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her parents.
8. What happened to Ernie's wife?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) He was never married.
(c) She left him.
(d) She died of cancer.
9. What drink do Jenny and Garp share after his graduation?
(b) A margarita.
(c) A martini.
10. What language does Jenny learn while living in Vienna?
11. How does Garp feel about Ellen Jamesians?
(a) He finds them disgusting.
(b) He idolizes them.
(c) He respects them.
(d) He find them interesting and wants to learn more about them.
12. Who tells Garp where to find Charlotte?
(a) Her priest.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) A prostitute.
13. What is the name of Helen and Garp's second child?
(c) Fat Stew.
14. What is _The Sexual Suspect_?
(a) Garp's autobiography.
(b) The nickname Garp earns in Vienna.
(c) The nickname Jenny earns in Vienna.
(d) Jenny's autobiography.
15. What relationship do Roberta Muldoon and Garp quickly develop?
(a) Roberta becomes a nanny for Garp's sick mother.
(b) They become sworn enemies.
(c) They become best friends.
(d) They become lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristics is Mr. Tinch best known for?
2. Who is the author of the book Mrs. Ralph has in her car?
3. What is the name of Garp's second book?
4. What unique band of characters are in Garp's first important story?
5. Why does Helen not attend Steering?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)