|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word in Chapter 3 refers to a serious disagreement or argument?
2. What does Holston carry with him everywhere, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) A handgun.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) A stapler.
(d) A lottery ticket.
3. What word from Chapter 1 refers to a monumental structure with a square or triangular base and sloping sides that meet in a point at the top?
4. What is the underground structure called where the characters of Wool live?
(a) A subterranean palace.
(b) A silo.
(c) A juggernaut.
(d) A bunker.
5. How many years ago does the narrator say Donna Parkins was put to cleaning in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Allison says in Chapter 3 that there was a revolt just about how often?
2. Holston says to his wife in Chapter 3, “You’re saying that someone wiped out our history to stop us from” what?
3. What is described in the center of each step as the items that “once gave the treads their grip” in Chapter 1?
4. What does Allison suggest someone did during the “great uprising—the only one we’ve known about till now” in Chapter 3?
5. What are described in Chapter 2 as “the only books to survive the uprising”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an example of the use of literary repetition in Chapter 1? What purpose does this example serve?
2. What is the principle setting of Wool? In what time period does the story take place?
3. What exchange takes place between Holston and Deputy Marnes in Chapter 1?
4. What superstitions from his past does Holston recall in Chapter 1?
5. What does Holston discover that Mayor Jahns and the others in the silo fear in Chapter 2?
6. How is Mayor Jahns’s demeanor described when she meets with Holston in Chapter 2?
7. What does Mayor Jahns say about the holding cell when she first arrives in Chapter 2?
8. What does Allison’s work involve, as revealed in Chapter 3?
9. What is the protagonist doing when he is first introduced in Chapter 1?
10. What sounds are described in the beginning of Chapter 1? What tone do these sounds set for the narrative?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)