|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word used in Chapter 6 means to make something continue indefinitely, such as an undesirable situation?
2. The word “gyre” used in Chapter 5 refers to what kind of shape?
(a) A spiral.
(b) A cube.
(c) A hexagon.
(d) A sphere.
3. What word from Chapter 4 refers to the state of disrepair or ruin as a result of age or neglect?
4. Holston is described in Chapter 6 as “alone in the airlock, wearing a cleaning suit, full of doubts and” what?
5. What does Holston recall Allison using to clean with during her cleaning in Chapter 4?
(a) A scrub brush.
(b) A bristle broom.
(c) Wool pads.
(d) A large mop.
6. Holston’s brain is described as being numb from lack of what in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Carbon Monoxide.
7. What word from Chapter 6 refers to a plant or substance that is capable of causing death or illness if taking into the body?
8. What word in Chapter 6 describes an electric horn or a similar loud warning device?
9. Allison says to Holston in Chapter 5, “There is no uprising, not really, there’s just” what?
(a) “A gradual leak.”
(c) “A coup.”
(d) “People who need out.”
10. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a habitual gesture of way of speaking or behaving?
11. What is said to cause the metal groan that Holston hears as he prepares to exit for cleaning in Chapter 6?
(a) The cyborg children.
(b) Robots outside the room.
(c) The computer system crashing.
(d) Pistons in the walls.
12. What is Nelson dressing Holston in, in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A pinstriped suit.
(b) A blue hazard suit.
(c) A white lab coat.
(d) A white hazard suit.
13. What kind of gas is pumped into the airlock after the warning horn in Chapter 6?
(a) Carbon monoxide.
14. Allison tells Holston that once she is released for the cleaning the next day, she will return for what, in Chapter 5?
(a) For the spaceship.
(b) For the revolution.
(c) For Holston.
(d) For their children.
15. What part of Holston’s mind is described in Chapter 4 as being not “made for this, to be calmly ushered to a death it was perfectly aware of”?
(a) “The animal part of his mind.”
(b) “The rational part of his mind.”
(c) “The vulnerable part of his mind.”
(d) “The analytical part of his mind.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holston recall Allison clutching as she collapsed after her cleaning in Chapter 4?
2. What color paint is described on the airlock door in Chapter 5?
3. What does Holston recall Allison doing after finishing her cleaning in Chapter 4?
4. What word from Chapter 5 refers to a steel reinforcing rod in concrete?
5. What word from Chapter 6 means to destroy something (especially waste material) by burning?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)