|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 4 means incapable of producing any useful result, or pointless?
2. How many cameras are described atop the tower of the silo in Chapter 6?
3. On what floor of the silo is the dirt farm where Holston’s parents were sent after their deaths?
(a) The 15th floor.
(b) The 8th floor.
(c) The 5th floor.
(d) The 3rd floor.
4. What word from Chapter 5 refers to a mathematical determination of the number of something?
5. What does Allison say she wants to do when Holston tries talking to her as she’s detained on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) Go out.
(b) Return home.
(c) Call her mother.
(d) Have a child.
6. Allison tells Holston that once she is released for the cleaning the next day, she will return for what, in Chapter 5?
(a) For the revolution.
(b) For the spaceship.
(c) For their children.
(d) For Holston.
7. What word from Chapter 6 refers to a strong and fast-moving stream of water or liquid?
8. Who, along with two staff employees, is holding Allison down on the floor when Holston arrives in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(b) Mayor Jahns.
(d) Donna Parkins.
9. Nelson is described in Chapter 4 as holding what position?
(a) Head of the cleaning lab.
(c) The assistant deputy.
10. Who is the staff employee that corrals Allison’s feet to prevent her from kicking in Chapter 5?
(a) Jack Brent.
(c) Mayor Jahns.
11. What is Nelson dressing Holston in, in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A white hazard suit.
(b) A pinstriped suit.
(c) A blue hazard suit.
(d) A white lab coat.
12. Holston is sitting on “the lone steel bench” in what room in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The library.
(b) His office.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The airlock.
13. When Allison indicates to Holston to come sit by her in the holding cell in Chapter 5, he considers briefly before entering that he could receive what punishment for such an action?
(a) He could be put in prison.
(b) He could be beheaded.
(c) He could be sent to cleaning.
(d) He could be put in isolation.
14. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a habitual gesture of way of speaking or behaving?
15. When Allison didn’t return after her cleaning, Holston began to consider doing what, according to the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Calling his mother.
(b) Going out after her.
(d) Calling her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holston grab above him in order to pull himself to a standing position as Nelson dresses him in Chapter 4?
2. What word from Chapter 4 refers to the state of disrepair or ruin as a result of age or neglect?
3. What word used in Chapter 5 refers to the act of making a forcefully reproachful protest?
4. Holston’s brain is described as being numb from lack of what in the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Nelson tells Holston in the beginning of Chapter 4 that the outfit he’s being dressed in has what attributes that will give Holston “more time out there than anyone has had before”?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)