1. What were the children doing “while Holston climbed to his death” in Chapter 1?
2. What is the underground structure called where the characters of Wool live?
3. What word from Chapter 1 refers to a systematic or established manner?
4. How is the staircase that Holston is climbing described in Chapter 1?
5. What is said to cling to the boots that Holston is wearing in Chapter 1?
6. What word from Chapter 1 means to oscillate or move rhythmically and steadily to and fro?
7. The narrator states in Chapter 1, “That always amazed [Holston]: how centuries of bare palms and shuffling feet could wear down” what?
This section contains 4,654 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)