|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Holston is described in Chapter 6 as “alone in the airlock, wearing a cleaning suit, full of doubts and” what?
2. When Holston looks back at the silo from the outside in Chapter 6, “All that stood behind him was a small mound of concrete, a tower” no more than how many feet tall?
(a) 4 or 5 feet tall.
(b) 15 or 16 feet tall.
(c) 8 or 9 feet tall.
(d) 2 or 3 feet tall.
3. Who handles the procedural work for Allison while Holston paces outside the bars of the holding cell in Chapter 5?
(a) Percy and Deputy Marnes.
(b) Clarke and Donna Parkins.
(c) Deputy Marnes and Mayor Jahns.
(d) Nelson and Conner.
4. Where does Holston arrive in a sprint in the opening of Chapter 5?
(a) The holding cell.
(b) The school bus.
(c) The library.
(d) The cafeteria.
5. What is said to cling to the boots that Holston is wearing in Chapter 1?
(a) Metal shavings.
(b) Melted plastic.
(c) Wood shavings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Holston is described in Chapter 1 as being determined to do what?
2. What is described as “the only moving feature on the landscape” in Chapter 2?
3. How many years does Holston say it’s been since he served his wife her last meal in the holding cell in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the deputy that greets Holston in his office in Chapter 1?
5. For how long after Allison’s cleaning does the narrator say Holston “had waited, buying into her insanity, hoping she’d come back” in the opening of Chapter 6?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)