|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Holston go on patrol at night with on the second anniversary of Allison’s departure?
(a) Deputy Conner.
(b) Mayor Jahns.
(c) Deputy Percy.
(d) Deputy Marnes.
2. What does Holston recall Allison using to clean with during her cleaning in Chapter 4?
(a) A bristle broom.
(b) Wool pads.
(c) A large mop.
(d) A scrub brush.
3. In Chapter 1, the narrator describes the “tight confines” of the stairway as “threading through the buried silo like a straw in a glass.” What literary technique is used in this sentence?
4. The narrator describes the sky in Chapter 2 as “the same dull gray of” what?
(a) “The ocean.”
(b) “The smoke from a train.”
(c) “Poppy flowers.”
(d) “His childhood.”
5. For how long after Allison’s cleaning does the narrator say Holston “had waited, buying into her insanity, hoping she’d come back” in the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) For the first month.
(b) For the first week.
(c) For the first year.
(d) For the first three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color overwhelms the surroundings of the world outside the silo when Holston exits for his cleaning in Chapter 6?
2. What is the underground structure called where the characters of Wool live?
3. When the narrator says that Holston feels pressure to find someone to send to cleaning in Chapter 3, it is stated, “It was growing, like steam building up in the silo, ready to launch something out.” What literary technique is used in this sentence?
4. Allison tells Holston in the holding cell in Chapter 5 that she’s seen the programs they use. “The ones that make pictures on the screens that look” what?
5. What word from Chapter 1 means not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings of other aspects of something?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)