|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the mayor say will be at the desk all night and for Holston to contact him if he changes his mind about the meal in Chapter 2?
(a) Deputy Nelson.
(b) Chief Conner.
(c) Mayor Clarke.
(d) Deputy Marnes.
2. The narrator states in Chapter 3 that Holston’s “wife was a wizard with computers, no doubt, but” what “was not her bag, it was his”?
(b) “Auto repair.”
3. Holston’s brain is described as being numb from lack of what in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(d) Carbon Monoxide.
4. In describing the stairway in Chapter 1, the narrator says, “Each step was slightly bowed from” what?
(a) "Tears of crocodiles."
(b) “Generations of traffic.”
(c) “The constant wearing by soldiers.”
(d) “The endless earthquakes.”
5. What kind of gas is pumped into the airlock after the warning horn in Chapter 6?
(b) Carbon monoxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rooms are described in Chapter 1 as being filled with “tangles of pipes, like a vast universe”?
2. During what time period does Chapter 5 take place?
3. The low rolling hills that Holston looks at from the holding cell are described as a pretty shade of brown like what?
4. What color helmet does Holston recall Allison wearing during her cleaning in Chapter 4?
5. What word from Chapter 6 refers to a strong and fast-moving stream of water or liquid?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)