|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 1 refers to a pleasing view, especially one seen through a long, narrow opening?
2. What word from Chapter 1 refers to the surgical removal of body tissue?
3. The voices that Holston hears as he ascends the staircase in Chapter 1 are described as what?
4. Holston’s office is described in Chapter 1 as being between the cafeteria and what?
(a) The airlock.
(b) The nursery.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The schoolroom.
5. What is described in the center of each step as the items that “once gave the treads their grip” in Chapter 1?
(a) Small trapezoids.
(b) Small hearts.
(c) Small diamonds.
(d) Small spigots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the underground structure called where the characters of Wool live?
2. How is the staircase that Holston is climbing described in Chapter 1?
3. Whom does Holston see picking up scattered chalk and crayons from the stained tiles at the top of the stairs in Chapter 1?
4. What is said to cling to the boots that Holston is wearing in Chapter 1?
5. What kinds of gardens are described as growing in the silo in Chapter 1?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)