|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Holston’s wife who is deceased?
2. What were the children doing “while Holston climbed to his death” in Chapter 1?
(a) “The children were shooting.”
(b) “The children were playing.”
(c) “The children were screaming.”
(d) “The children were weeping.”
3. What is the underground structure called where the characters of Wool live?
(a) A bunker.
(b) A subterranean palace.
(c) A juggernaut.
(d) A silo.
4. What is Holston’s position of employment in the novel?
5. Holston is described in Chapter 1 as being determined to do what?
(a) Find his wife.
(c) Kill his boss.
(d) Get revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rooms are described in Chapter 1 as being filled with “tangles of pipes, like a vast universe”?
2. What did Holston and his wife hang over their bed to increase fertility?
3. What is said to cling to the boots that Holston is wearing in Chapter 1?
4. What word from Chapter 1 means not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings of other aspects of something?
5. What did Holston and his wife keep under the mattress to bring luck for having twins?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)