|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 2 refers to a difficult, unpleasant, or embarrassing situation?
2. What is the name of the deputy that greets Holston in his office in Chapter 1?
(a) Deputy Jahns.
(b) Deputy Conner.
(c) Deputy Nelson.
(d) Deputy Marnes.
3. The narrator states in Chapter 1, “That always amazed [Holston]: how centuries of bare palms and shuffling feet could wear down” what?
(a) “Solid concrete.”
(b) “Solid earth.”
(c) “Solid iron.”
(d) “Solid steel.”
4. What word from Chapter 1 refers to a monumental structure with a square or triangular base and sloping sides that meet in a point at the top?
5. What does Holston recall Allison doing after finishing her cleaning in Chapter 4?
(a) Taking off her helmet and smiling.
(b) Looking into the camera and waving at him.
(c) Screaming hysterically and beating the camera.
(d) Breaking the camera and running.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a habitual gesture of way of speaking or behaving?
2. Nelson is described in Chapter 4 as holding what position?
3. Nelson tells Holston in the beginning of Chapter 4 that the outfit he’s being dressed in has what attributes that will give Holston “more time out there than anyone has had before”?
4. The narrator states in Chapter 4 that “the silo with hits great screens showing the outside world was usually” in what state during cleanings?
5. Holston wonders as he is being dressed by Nelson in Chapter 4 why the others have always complied when in this position. “Holston thought maybe that people went along because” of what reason?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)