|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of gardens are described as growing in the silo in Chapter 1?
(a) Hydroponic gardens.
(b) Aeroponic gardens.
(c) Geoponic gardens.
(d) Fluoride gardens.
2. The divisions of dormitories that Holston passes as he makes his way up the staircase in Chapter 1 are described as being shaped like what?
3. What word from Chapter 1 refers to a road or path forming a route between two places?
4. What word from Chapter 2 means essential or fundamental?
5. What did Holston and his wife keep under the mattress to bring luck for having twins?
(a) 2 dimes.
(b) 2 flowers.
(c) 2 potatoes.
(d) 2 pennies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to cling to the boots that Holston is wearing in Chapter 1?
2. Holston is described in Chapter 1 as being determined to do what?
3. What is the name of the deputy that greets Holston in his office in Chapter 1?
4. What word from Chapter 2 refers to a difficult, unpleasant, or embarrassing situation?
5. The narrator describes each step in Chapter 1 as being “rounded down like a pouting lip.” What literary technique is used in this example?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)