|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the mayor exits in the end of Chapter 2, she tells Holston, “And I won’t insult you by suggesting” what?
(a) “You get some sleep.”
(b) “You write a will.”
(c) “You forget about her.”
(d) “You prepare yourself.”
2. What word from Chapter 1 refers to a pleasing view, especially one seen through a long, narrow opening?
3. What is the mayor’s name in Chapter 2?
(a) Mayor Parkins.
(b) Mayor Percy.
(c) Mayor Jahns.
(d) Mayor Nelson.
4. What is the name of Holston’s wife who is deceased?
5. What did Holston and his wife hang over their bed to increase fertility?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Holston said to have “spent silently waiting for what would never come” in Chapter 1?
2. What word from Chapter 1 refers to a road or path forming a route between two places?
3. Where does the narrator say Holston left his wedding ring in Chapter 2?
4. The narrator says of Holston in Chapter 2, “He continued to see inevitable events from the past as” what?
5. What is the mayor wearing when she appears at the holding cell in Chapter 2?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)