|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Holston wonders as he is being dressed by Nelson in Chapter 4 why the others have always complied when in this position. “Holston thought maybe that people went along because” of what reason?
(a) “They wanted revenge.”
(b) “They couldn’t believe it was happening.”
(c) “They believed they would find a way to escape.”
(d) “They believed that they deserved it.”
2. What does the narrator say Holston and his wife had “invited into their lives” in Chapter 1?
3. The low rolling hills that Holston looks at from the holding cell are described as a pretty shade of brown like what?
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) Peanut butter.
4. What word from Chapter 2 means essential or fundamental?
5. What word from Chapter 4 refers to someone who has been found guilty of a criminal act or wrong?
(a) The omniscient.
(b) The forgiven.
(c) The condemned.
(d) The enchanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Allison says to Holston when he suggests that maybe she shouldn’t be doing this work, “If I don’t piece it together now, somebody else will at some point. You can’t put” what “back in the bottle”?
2. What are described in Chapter 1 as “the widest rooms of the entire silo complex”?
3. What is the name of Holston’s wife who is deceased?
4. Holston says to his wife in Chapter 3, “You’re saying that someone wiped out our history to stop us from” what?
5. What were the children doing “while Holston climbed to his death” in Chapter 1?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)