|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a habitual gesture of way of speaking or behaving?
2. Whom does Holston believe is watching him from the cafeteria and/or lounge as he performs the cleaning in Chapter 6?
(a) Mayor Jahns.
(c) Deputy Marnes.
(d) No one.
3. What is the mayor wearing when she appears at the holding cell in Chapter 2?
(a) A blue dress.
(c) A hazard suit.
(d) A pinstriped suit.
4. When Allison didn’t return after her cleaning, Holston began to consider doing what, according to the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 6?
(b) Calling his mother.
(c) Calling her father.
(d) Going out after her.
5. When the airlock doors open and Holston steps out of them in Chapter 6, he finds himself located at the bottom of what?
(a) A concrete ramp leading up.
(b) A staircase that leads endlessly downward.
(c) A spiral staircase leading up.
(d) A well in rural New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 2 refers to a minute area of illumination on a display screen?
2. What word from Chapter 4 means incapable of producing any useful result, or pointless?
3. What word from Chapter 2 means cruel and vicious?
4. Holston is described in Chapter 6 as “alone in the airlock, wearing a cleaning suit, full of doubts and” what?
5. When Holston looks back at the silo from the outside in Chapter 6, “All that stood behind him was a small mound of concrete, a tower” no more than how many feet tall?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)