|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the land in this chapter filled with?
2. Who runs into the crowd, causing Dorothy to miss the takeoff?
3. What is comprised of bran, pins, and needles?
4. What does the man suggest the travelers climb to reach their destination?
5. What does the Wizard say when the travelers can not see him in the throne room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Wicked Witch of the West is relentless in her attempts to thwart the travelers, but the travelers stop all of her attacks. Why do you think the witch waited so long to use the Golden Cap? Do you think this was a wise choice? Why or why not? Are there other ways the witch might have been able to stop the travelers?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what "There's no place like home" means to Dorothy and what it means generally to you as the reader.
Essay Topic 3
When the animals ask the Lion to kill the spider, it seems this is the ultimate test of his 'new' courage. Why do you think the Lion succeed in his task? Would he have been able to complete the task before receiving the green potion? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)