|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Woodman's heart was taken away, so was his ____________.
2. Where does the yellow brick road lead Dorothy and the Scarecrow?
3. What does the Tin Woodman kill?
4. What has Dorothy done to receive thanks upon arriving in Oz?
5. What does Dorothy do to protect her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Tin Woodman do when the action in #47 happens?
2. What do the travelers have to wear before they can enter the City of Emeralds?
3. When the Scarecrow asks the advice of a soldier about what they should do to help Dorothy, what does the soldier suggest?
4. How do the Munchkins and the Witch of the North know that Dorothy has killed the Wicked Witch of the East?
5. Who is Dorothy's constant companion and friend?
6. When Toto, Dorothy, and the Scarecrow all hear a groan when walking through the forest, what do they discover is the source?
7. There is no chapter 25
8. What causes the family to retreat to the storm cellar?
9. How is the Wizard's identity revealed to the travelers?
10. What is the Scarecrow's wise conclusion as they are travel all the way through the land of china?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman realize the danger of the poppies, but can not stop the others from falling asleep in the field. How could they have made it through this field without falling asleep? What could have been done differently? Or was the sleep unavoidable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There are different colors that make up the different lands of Oz. List all of the colors and their corresponding lands and then give a reason for each of the colors. Why do you think these colors were chosen for these particular people? Are there colors that would have suited the lands better?
Essay Topic 3
When Dorothy has to run after Toto, she misses the balloon that's going back home. If you were in her position, would you have left Toto in Oz or would you have done what she did? Why or why not? Do you think Dorothy made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)