|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the group of travelers now going?
2. What does the Wizard appear like to Dorothy?
3. The Wizard decides to meet the travelers _______ at a time.
4. What does Dorothy do to protect Toto?
5. When Dorothy protects Toto from the lion, what does the Lion admit to being?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the cyclone drop Dorothy's house?
2. Why doesn't Dorothy get back to Kansas in this chapter?
3. What are the Scarecrow's new brains comprised of?
4. What is the only thing the answer to #10 fears in his life?
5. There is no chapter 25
6. What does Dorothy say when she returns to Kansas?
7. Who is the person Dorothy runs to when she finally gets back to Kansas?
8. Who is Dorothy's constant companion and friend?
9. When Toto barks at the Lion, what does the Lion do?
10. Who did the Tin Woodman once fall in love with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Dorothy and the travelers are granted access to the Wizard, they are first primped and pampered. Why do you think this is done? Why is Dorothy put into a green silk gown? What purpose does this serve?
Essay Topic 2
No one has told Dorothy that the silver shoes would have taken her home at any time. Why do you think this was kept a secret until the end? How did this secret benefit others? Do you think it was done intentionally to get the witch killed? Why or why not? How would the shoes have helped Dorothy in other parts of the story?
Essay Topic 3
When the animals ask the Lion to kill the spider, it seems this is the ultimate test of his 'new' courage. Why do you think the Lion succeed in his task? Would he have been able to complete the task before receiving the green potion? Why or why not?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)