|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Scarecrow ask for the answer to #31?
2. What does Dorothy do to protect her house?
3. Who does the small cottage belong to?
4. What is Dorothy's last name?
5. What does the storm do to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. When they cross the ditch, whose land do the travelers enter?
2. What are the strangest creatures that the travelers encounter when they are nearly at Glinda's castle?
3. Why can't the winged monkeys help Dorothy get back to Kansas?
4. What does Glinda ask for in return for helping Dorothy return to Kansas?
5. What happens to the house when the cyclone hits?
6. What is the discouraging news the travelers learn when they enter the land of green?
7. There is no chapter 25
8. Who is Dorothy's constant companion and friend?
9. Where does the cyclone drop Dorothy's house?
10. What becomes an obstacle to the Lion, Dorothy, and Toto, but not to the Tin Woodman and the Scarecrow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the Wizard gives each of the travelers (besides Dorothy) something the represents the thing they want most in the world, why are the travelers so happy? Why do you think they believe these items are actually what they long for? Why do you think these items work so well to help the travelers feel complete?
Essay Topic 2
The witch longs for the silver shoes of Dorothy, going to great lengths to take them from her. Why do you think she doesn't try harder to get them? Why does the witch want them in the first place? Why can't a witch travel to new places on her own with magic? What do you think the silver shoes represent to the witch?
Essay Topic 3
The Wizard is only hidden by a screen, it is revealed in the end. Why do you think no one ever looked behind the screen before? What stopped others from finding the Wizard out? If you were the Wizard, how would you have hidden yourself so that you couldn't be detected?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)