|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothy tell Scarecrow about Kansas?
2. The Wizard decides to meet the travelers _______ at a time.
3. While Dorothy is amazed by Oz, what does she want?
4. What amazes Dorothy the most about Oz?
5. Why is the Woodman made out of the answer to #50?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes an obstacle to the Lion, Dorothy, and Toto, but not to the Tin Woodman and the Scarecrow?
2. What are the Scarecrow's new brains comprised of?
3. When the Scarecrow asks the advice of a soldier about what they should do to help Dorothy, what does the soldier suggest?
4. What is the discouraging news the travelers learn when they enter the land of green?
5. How do the travelers finally find their way back to the City of Emeralds?
6. What does the Scarecrow threaten to do if the Wizard will not see them?
7. Who is the first person that Dorothy encounters as she travels to see the Wizard?
8. Who did the Tin Woodman once fall in love with?
9. What does the Tin Woodman do when the action in #47 happens?
10. Who greets Dorothy and calls Dorothy a great sorceress for killing the Wicked Witch of the East?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though she does not know what it does, Dorothy takes the Golden Cap with her. Why do you think Dorothy chose to do this? What reasons might she have had to take this along on the journey? What else could she have taken?
Essay Topic 2
When the animals ask the Lion to kill the spider, it seems this is the ultimate test of his 'new' courage. Why do you think the Lion succeed in his task? Would he have been able to complete the task before receiving the green potion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are different colors that make up the different lands of Oz. List all of the colors and their corresponding lands and then give a reason for each of the colors. Why do you think these colors were chosen for these particular people? Are there colors that would have suited the lands better?
This section contains 1,576 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)