Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorothy NOT prepare or put on in preparation for her trip?
2. What do Dorothy and the other travelers have to cross at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Where do the travelers walk after they cross the river?
4. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
5. What is the Scarecrow afraid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the cyclone drop Dorothy's house?
2. When the travelers get to a large ditch, what plan does the Scarecrow devise?
3. What is the only thing the answer to #10 fears in his life?
4. What happens with the current is too strong for the travelers to cross the river?
5. When they cross the ditch, whose land do the travelers enter?
6. Who is Dorothy's constant companion and friend?
7. What is the Scarecrow's wise conclusion as they are travel all the way through the land of china?
8. What is the method of capturing the travelers that works for the Wicked Witch of the West?
9. Who are the miniature people, characterized by their blue dress?
10. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, how does he react?
Essay Topic 1
There are different colors that make up the different lands of Oz. List all of the colors and their corresponding lands and then give a reason for each of the colors. Why do you think these colors were chosen for these particular people? Are there colors that would have suited the lands better?
Essay Topic 2
When the animals ask the Lion to kill the spider, it seems this is the ultimate test of his 'new' courage. Why do you think the Lion succeed in his task? Would he have been able to complete the task before receiving the green potion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Dorothy has to run after Toto, she misses the balloon that's going back home. If you were in her position, would you have left Toto in Oz or would you have done what she did? Why or why not? Do you think Dorothy made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,566 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)