|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where must Dorothy go to learn how to get back home?
2. What finally works in capturing the travelers?
3. These new people have the heads of tigers and the bodies of _________.
4. Which people are characterized by their blue attire?
5. Who did the Scarecrow effectively fool?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the cyclone drop Dorothy's house?
2. What is the method of capturing the travelers that works for the Wicked Witch of the West?
3. Who greets Dorothy and calls Dorothy a great sorceress for killing the Wicked Witch of the East?
4. What would the Tin Woodman like to receive from the Wizard?
5. How do the Munchkins and the Witch of the North know that Dorothy has killed the Wicked Witch of the East?
6. What happens with the current is too strong for the travelers to cross the river?
7. There is no chapter 25
8. What is the Scarecrow's wise conclusion as they are travel all the way through the land of china?
9. Who is the first person that Dorothy encounters as she travels to see the Wizard?
10. Which character feels right at home with the moss and the trees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When they enter the land of white china, Dorothy becomes enchanted by a small beautiful princess, even going so far as to try to convince the princess to come back with her to Kansas. Why do you think Dorothy relates to this princess? What do you think Dorothy sees in this figurine? What does this say about Dorothy and how she sees herself?
Essay Topic 2
There are different colors that make up the different lands of Oz. List all of the colors and their corresponding lands and then give a reason for each of the colors. Why do you think these colors were chosen for these particular people? Are there colors that would have suited the lands better?
Essay Topic 3
When Dorothy has to run after Toto, she misses the balloon that's going back home. If you were in her position, would you have left Toto in Oz or would you have done what she did? Why or why not? Do you think Dorothy made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,536 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)