|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts to steer the boat and ends up getting stuck on a pole?
2. What does the Tin Woodman spare?
3. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
4. What do the mice build?
5. What does Toto do to provoke the answer to #63?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Lion do in order to become the King of the Forest?
2. Who is the character that tells the Scarecrow that a brain would make him just as good as a man?
3. Because of the decision in #27, what happens to the Tin Woodman?
4. What does Glinda ask for in return for helping Dorothy return to Kansas?
5. What becomes an obstacle to the Lion, Dorothy, and Toto, but not to the Tin Woodman and the Scarecrow?
6. When the travelers get to a large ditch, what plan does the Scarecrow devise?
7. When Dorothy and the Scarecrow finish their stories, what happens?
8. How does the Wizard propose he will get Dorothy back to Kansas?
9. There is no chapter 25
10. Who is afraid of the growls of the wild animals in the forest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Dorothy has to run after Toto, she misses the balloon that's going back home. If you were in her position, would you have left Toto in Oz or would you have done what she did? Why or why not? Do you think Dorothy made the right decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Wicked Witch of the West is relentless in her attempts to thwart the travelers, but the travelers stop all of her attacks. Why do you think the witch waited so long to use the Golden Cap? Do you think this was a wise choice? Why or why not? Are there other ways the witch might have been able to stop the travelers?
Essay Topic 3
When the Wizard gives each of the travelers (besides Dorothy) something the represents the thing they want most in the world, why are the travelers so happy? Why do you think they believe these items are actually what they long for? Why do you think these items work so well to help the travelers feel complete?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)