|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tin Woodman kill?
2. What does the Scarecrow assure the answer to #87 their requests are?
3. What do the Scarecrow and Dorothy share on their journey?
4. What does the Tin Woodman spare?
5. What will lead Dorothy in her quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Tin Woodman do when the action in #47 happens?
2. The travelers find themselves lost in the land of the Winkies. Why?
3. Who greets Dorothy and calls Dorothy a great sorceress for killing the Wicked Witch of the East?
4. What does the Scarecrow threaten to do if the Wizard will not see them?
5. Who did the Tin Woodman once fall in love with?
6. Why can't the winged monkeys help Dorothy get back to Kansas?
7. What does the Lion do in order to become the King of the Forest?
8. What is the Scarecrow's wise conclusion as they are travel all the way through the land of china?
9. How do the travelers finally find their way back to the City of Emeralds?
10. When the Tin Woodman sees a wildcat chasing a mouse, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Dorothy and the travelers are granted access to the Wizard, they are first primped and pampered. Why do you think this is done? Why is Dorothy put into a green silk gown? What purpose does this serve?
Essay Topic 2
The Wizard is only hidden by a screen, it is revealed in the end. Why do you think no one ever looked behind the screen before? What stopped others from finding the Wizard out? If you were the Wizard, how would you have hidden yourself so that you couldn't be detected?
Essay Topic 3
Even though she does not know what it does, Dorothy takes the Golden Cap with her. Why do you think Dorothy chose to do this? What reasons might she have had to take this along on the journey? What else could she have taken?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)