|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who devises the plan to cross an obstacle?
2. Why does the Scarecrow want the answer to #31?
3. What does the Tin Woodman kill?
4. What does Dorothy tell Scarecrow about Kansas?
5. What does Dorothy see Scarecrow do before she helps him?
Short Essay Questions
1. There is no chapter 25
2. What are the Scarecrow's new brains comprised of?
3. What would the Tin Woodman like to receive from the Wizard?
4. Why doesn't Dorothy get back to Kansas in this chapter?
5. Because of the decision in #27, what happens to the Tin Woodman?
6. How long ago was the Scarecrow made?
7. What causes the family to retreat to the storm cellar?
8. What are the strangest creatures that the travelers encounter when they are nearly at Glinda's castle?
9. Who is the person Dorothy runs to when she finally gets back to Kansas?
10. What are some of the things that Dorothy packs in preparation for her trip to see the Wizard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are different colors that make up the different lands of Oz. List all of the colors and their corresponding lands and then give a reason for each of the colors. Why do you think these colors were chosen for these particular people? Are there colors that would have suited the lands better?
Essay Topic 2
When Dorothy has to run after Toto, she misses the balloon that's going back home. If you were in her position, would you have left Toto in Oz or would you have done what she did? Why or why not? Do you think Dorothy made the right decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Even though she does not know what it does, Dorothy takes the Golden Cap with her. Why do you think Dorothy chose to do this? What reasons might she have had to take this along on the journey? What else could she have taken?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)