|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dorothy meet up with Scarecrow?
(a) The fourth day
(b) The first day
(c) A week from the time she started
(d) The second day
2. Where do the travelers walk after they cross the river?
(a) Through an empty field
(b) Through a land of china
(c) Through a dense field of poppies
(d) Through the woods
3. What is the answer to #83 designed to do?
(a) Help the witch
(b) Get the travelers over another obstacle
(c) Rescue the travelers who feel asleep in the poppies
(d) Impress the Wizard
4. What does the storm do to the house?
(a) Lifts it off the foundation
(b) Destroys it and everyone in it
(c) Shakes it a little without damaging it
5. What is Dorothy given to wear when she meets the Wizard?
(a) Yellow earrings
(b) Blue shoes
(c) A red dress
(d) A green silk gown
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witch's hat turn into?
2. Who did the Scarecrow effectively fool?
3. What does the Witch of the North give Dorothy for protection?
4. What happens near the center of the river?
5. What is Dorothy's aunt's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Because of the decision in #27, what happens to the Tin Woodman?
2. Why doesn't Dorothy get back to Kansas in this chapter?
3. What is the discouraging news the travelers learn when they enter the land of green?
4. Who makes up the family that lives on the Kansas prairie?
5. The travelers find themselves lost in the land of the Winkies. Why?
6. Who greets Dorothy and calls Dorothy a great sorceress for killing the Wicked Witch of the East?
7. There is no chapter 25
8. What becomes an obstacle to the Lion, Dorothy, and Toto, but not to the Tin Woodman and the Scarecrow?
9. What are the strangest creatures that the travelers encounter when they are nearly at Glinda's castle?
10. What are some of the things that Dorothy packs in preparation for her trip to see the Wizard?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)