|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dorothy protects Toto from the lion, what does the Lion admit to being?
(a) A strong animal
(b) A reckless being
(c) A Coward
(d) A bad lion
2. What is the Scarecrow afraid of?
(a) A lighted match
(b) Any loud noises
(d) A mouse
3. What do the mice build?
(a) A house
(b) A net
(c) A blanket
(d) A platform with wheels
4. What does Dorothy do to protect her house?
(a) She gets a spell put on it
(c) She kisses it
(d) Locks it up before she leaves
5. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, he wonders why anyone would want to go back to such a ____________.
(a) Dull life
(b) Boring town
(c) Gray place
(d) Exciting family
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorothy's last name?
2. What do the Scarecrow and Dorothy share on their journey?
3. From what does Dorothy help the Scarecrow get down from?
4. What do Dorothy and the other travelers have to cross at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Scarecrow doesn't mind being made of straw because be never gets hurt and he never gets ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Scarecrow's wise conclusion as they are travel all the way through the land of china?
2. Who will become the new ruler of the Emerald City?
3. How does the Wizard propose he will get Dorothy back to Kansas?
4. After Dorothy kills the Wicked Witch of the West, who is happy to be free of the witch's spell?
5. Who is the person Dorothy runs to when she finally gets back to Kansas?
6. What does Glinda ask for in return for helping Dorothy return to Kansas?
7. What happens with the current is too strong for the travelers to cross the river?
8. When the travelers get to a large ditch, what plan does the Scarecrow devise?
9. What are some of the things that Dorothy packs in preparation for her trip to see the Wizard?
10. What are the various ways that the travelers see the Wizard?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)