|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will lead Dorothy in her quest?
(b) A Munchkin
(c) A yellow brick road
(d) A map
2. What does Dorothy tell Scarecrow about Kansas?
(a) There's no place like home
(b) Her aunt and uncle are great people
(c) She doesn't like Oz
(d) She misses her friends
3. The Scarecrow says he has seen _________ in his short life.
(b) Too many things
(c) A lot
(d) Too much
4. Scarecrow doesn't mind being made of straw because be never gets hurt and he never gets ________.
5. Where do Dorothy and her relatives live?
(b) South Dakota
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woodchopper made of?
2. The land the travelers is in has changed colors. What is the color in this chapter?
3. What do the travelers hear as they journey through the forest?
4. Why is the Woodman made out of the answer to #50?
5. What does the Wizard appear like to Dorothy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes up the family that lives on the Kansas prairie?
2. What is the one thing the answer to #10 really wants more than anything else in the world?
3. What is the method of capturing the travelers that works for the Wicked Witch of the West?
4. How does the Wizard propose he will get Dorothy back to Kansas?
5. What happens to the house when the cyclone hits?
6. When the travelers get to a large ditch, what plan does the Scarecrow devise?
7. What are the strangest creatures that the travelers encounter when they are nearly at Glinda's castle?
8. What causes the family to retreat to the storm cellar?
9. What does the Wizard insert into the Tin Woodman's chest?
10. Why can't the winged monkeys help Dorothy get back to Kansas?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)