|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are these answers to #89 designed to protect the wearer from?
(a) The sun
(b) The heat
(c) The brilliance of the ground
(d) The splendor of the city
2. Where does the yellow brick road lead Dorothy and the Scarecrow?
(a) To a dark forest
(b) To the witch's palace
(c) To a dirt road
(d) To a bright path
3. What does the Wizard appear like to Dorothy?
(a) A big head
(b) A young woman
(d) A small old man
4. What is Dorothy's aunt's name?
(a) Aunt Marge
(b) Aunt Rosalie
(c) Aunt Em
(d) Aunt Anne
5. What does Dorothy do to relieve the woodchopper?
(a) Pushes his arms and legs to get them moving
(b) Yells at him
(c) Brings water
(d) Oils his rusted joints
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Dorothy help the Scarecrow get down from?
2. Why does the Scarecrow want the answer to #31?
3. Who did the Scarecrow effectively fool?
4. What do the mice build?
5. What has Dorothy done to receive thanks upon arriving in Oz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Glinda ask for in return for helping Dorothy return to Kansas?
2. When Dorothy is to see the Wizard, what is she dressed in before she is taken to the throne room?
3. What does the Wizard insert into the Tin Woodman's chest?
4. What causes the family to retreat to the storm cellar?
5. There is no chapter 25
6. Where does the cyclone drop Dorothy's house?
7. What is the method of capturing the travelers that works for the Wicked Witch of the West?
8. There is no chapter 25
9. Who is the character that tells the Scarecrow that a brain would make him just as good as a man?
10. What is the one thing the answer to #10 really wants more than anything else in the world?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)