|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the witch send first to thwart the travelers?
(a) 40 wolves
(b) 40 monkeys
(c) 40 crows
2. While Dorothy is amazed by Oz, what does she want?
(a) To eat
(b) To clean up her home
(c) To leave for the City of Emeralds
(d) To go home
3. What can be seen from underneath the house?
(a) A treasure
(b) A large hole
(c) The witch's feet
(d) A small tree
4. Who will Scarecrow ask for the answer to #31?
(a) The Great Wizard
(b) The Good Witch
5. What does Dorothy see Scarecrow do before she helps him?
(a) He smiles
(b) He dances
(c) He sings
(d) He winks
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorothy's aunt's name?
2. What does the Wizard look like to the Tin Woodman?
3. What prevents Dorothy from reaching safety?
4. Why do the Scarecrow and Dorothy decide to go into the forest?
5. When Dorothy protects Toto from the lion, what does the Lion admit to being?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Dorothy kills the Wicked Witch of the West, who is happy to be free of the witch's spell?
2. Who is the first person that Dorothy encounters as she travels to see the Wizard?
3. What happens when the Scarecrow tries to enter the woods?
4. Why can't the winged monkeys help Dorothy get back to Kansas?
5. Because of the decision in #27, what happens to the Tin Woodman?
6. What does Dorothy say when she returns to Kansas?
7. Why aren't the travelers welcome in the land of china?
8. What happens with the current is too strong for the travelers to cross the river?
9. How does Dorothy finally kill the Wicked Witch of the West?
10. There is no chapter 25
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)