Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorothy NOT prepare or put on in preparation for her trip?
(a) A basket of food
(b) A clean dress
(c) The silver shoes
(d) A necklace
2. What do Dorothy and the other travelers have to cross at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) A chasm
(b) A river
(c) A ditch
(d) A small man
3. Where do the travelers walk after they cross the river?
(a) Through a land of china
(b) Through an empty field
(c) Through a dense field of poppies
(d) Through the woods
4. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
(a) Come into his presence
(b) Ask for a heart
(c) Travel with a dog
(d) Enter the city
5. What is the Scarecrow afraid of?
(a) A mouse
(b) Any loud noises
(d) A lighted match
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the (answer to #50) Woodman fall in love with?
2. Who is the small woman dressed in a brilliant white dress?
3. Which people are characterized by their blue attire?
4. What is Dorothy's uncle's name?
5. What does the yellow brick road lead the travelers to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the cyclone drop Dorothy's house?
2. When the travelers get to a large ditch, what plan does the Scarecrow devise?
3. What is the only thing the answer to #10 fears in his life?
4. What happens with the current is too strong for the travelers to cross the river?
5. When they cross the ditch, whose land do the travelers enter?
6. Who is Dorothy's constant companion and friend?
7. What is the Scarecrow's wise conclusion as they are travel all the way through the land of china?
8. What is the method of capturing the travelers that works for the Wicked Witch of the West?
9. Who are the miniature people, characterized by their blue dress?
10. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, how does he react?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)