|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills the witch?
(a) The Tin Woodman
(b) A rogue monkey
(c) A bucket of water
(d) A spell
2. How long was the Woodman standing in the woods as Dorothy and Scarecrow found him?
(a) An hour
(b) A month
(c) A day
(d) A year
3. Who is flustered when the travelers arrive at the City of Emeralds and demand to see the Wizard?
(a) The gatekeeper
(c) The Wizard
4. Who is afraid of these sounds?
(a) Scarecrow and Toto
(b) Dorothy and Toto
(c) The Tin Woodman and Scarecrow
(d) The Tin Woodman and Toto
5. What do the Scarecrow and Dorothy share on their journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
2. What do the mice build?
3. Where does the yellow brick road lead Dorothy and the Scarecrow?
4. What does the Tin Woodman kill?
5. Scarecrow doesn't mind being made of straw because be never gets hurt and he never gets ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dorothy discovers the Golden Cap, what does she do with it?
2. What does the Tin Woodman do when the action in #47 happens?
3. When they cross the ditch, whose land do the travelers enter?
4. How is the Wizard's identity revealed to the travelers?
5. How do the travelers finally find their way back to the City of Emeralds?
6. When Toto, Dorothy, and the Scarecrow all hear a groan when walking through the forest, what do they discover is the source?
7. How does the Wizard propose he will get Dorothy back to Kansas?
8. What does the curse do to the Tin Woodman?
9. How does Dorothy finally kill the Wicked Witch of the West?
10. Where does the cyclone drop Dorothy's house?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)