|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes Dorothy the most about Oz?
(a) How big it is
(b) How clean it is
(c) How colorful it is
(d) How loud it is
2. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
(a) Travel with a dog
(b) Ask for a heart
(c) Come into his presence
(d) Enter the city
3. Who devises the plan to cross an obstacle?
(c) Tin Woodman
4. What is Dorothy's last name?
5. What do Dorothy and the other travelers have to cross at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) A ditch
(b) A small man
(c) A chasm
(d) A river
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorothy's uncle's name?
2. What prevents Dorothy from reaching safety?
3. How many rooms does the home have?
4. Who helps the evil old woman with the answer to #54?
5. What does the Scarecrow ask all the mice to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Wizard's identity revealed to the travelers?
2. The travelers find themselves lost in the land of the Winkies. Why?
3. What happens with the current is too strong for the travelers to cross the river?
4. Who are the miniature people, characterized by their blue dress?
5. There is no chapter 25
6. What are the various ways that the travelers see the Wizard?
7. What does the Lion do in order to become the King of the Forest?
8. What causes the family to retreat to the storm cellar?
9. What does the Scarecrow threaten to do if the Wizard will not see them?
10. Who is the first person that Dorothy encounters as she travels to see the Wizard?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)