|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is flustered when the travelers arrive at the City of Emeralds and demand to see the Wizard?
(a) The gatekeeper
(b) The Wizard
2. While Dorothy is amazed by Oz, what does she want?
(a) To eat
(b) To clean up her home
(c) To leave for the City of Emeralds
(d) To go home
3. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
(a) Enter the city
(b) Ask for a heart
(c) Travel with a dog
(d) Come into his presence
4. What color is used to describe Dorothy's home?
5. What does Dorothy do to protect Toto?
(a) Asks for the Tin Woodman's ax
(b) Uses her magic shoes
(c) Runs inbetween
(d) Slaps the lion on the nose
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witch's hat turn into?
2. What do the travelers need to have over their eyes as they enter the city?
3. What does Dorothy tell Scarecrow about Kansas?
4. What has Dorothy done to receive thanks upon arriving in Oz?
5. What does Toto do to provoke the answer to #63?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is afraid of the growls of the wild animals in the forest?
2. What happens to the house when the cyclone hits?
3. What are the various ways that the travelers see the Wizard?
4. When the Scarecrow asks the advice of a soldier about what they should do to help Dorothy, what does the soldier suggest?
5. What is the only thing the answer to #10 fears in his life?
6. How do the travelers finally find their way back to the City of Emeralds?
7. Who is the person Dorothy runs to when she finally gets back to Kansas?
8. What is the one thing the answer to #10 really wants more than anything else in the world?
9. How does Dorothy finally kill the Wicked Witch of the West?
10. What does the Tin Woodman do when the action in #47 happens?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)