|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Dorothy help the Scarecrow get down from?
(a) A river
(b) A barn
(c) A pole
(d) A tree
2. Why do the Scarecrow and Dorothy decide to go into the forest?
(a) Because it is the only way to Oz
(b) Because Glinda told them to
(c) Because they are excited to see the trees
(d) Because Toto seems okay with it
3. What does the witch's hat turn into?
(a) A slate
(b) A picture of the Wizard
(c) A map
(d) A flower
4. What do the Scarecrow and Dorothy share on their journey?
5. Scarecrow doesn't mind being made of straw because be never gets hurt and he never gets ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Scarecrow ask all the mice to do?
2. What does the yellow brick road lead the travelers to?
3. Who told Scarecrow that if he had brains he would be just as good as a man?
4. When the Woodman's heart was taken away, so was his ____________.
5. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Scarecrow threaten to do if the Wizard will not see them?
2. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, how does he react?
3. Where does the cyclone drop Dorothy's house?
4. Who greets Dorothy and calls Dorothy a great sorceress for killing the Wicked Witch of the East?
5. What would the Tin Woodman like to receive from the Wizard?
6. Who is the person Dorothy runs to when she finally gets back to Kansas?
7. How is the Wizard's identity revealed to the travelers?
8. Why can't the winged monkeys help Dorothy get back to Kansas?
9. What does Dorothy say when she returns to Kansas?
10. How do the Munchkins and the Witch of the North know that Dorothy has killed the Wicked Witch of the East?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)