|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dorothy spend her first night in Oz?
(a) Her house
(b) A friendly innkeeper's
(c) The home of a wealthy Munchkin
2. Where was Dorothy supposed to go when the tornado hit?
(b) The barn
(c) The basement
(d) The storm cellar
3. What do the Scarecrow and Dorothy share on their journey?
4. Who does the witch attempt to starve, though unsuccessfully?
(d) The Lion
5. What does the witch's hat turn into?
(a) A picture of the Wizard
(b) A slate
(c) A flower
(d) A map
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the mice build?
2. What is the woodchopper made of?
3. Who cuts down the tree to create a bridge?
4. What does the yellow brick road lead the travelers to?
5. What does Dorothy tell Scarecrow about Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Dorothy kills the Wicked Witch of the West, who is happy to be free of the witch's spell?
2. Who is the person Dorothy runs to when she finally gets back to Kansas?
3. What are the strangest creatures that the travelers encounter when they are nearly at Glinda's castle?
4. What does the curse do to the Tin Woodman?
5. How is the Wizard's identity revealed to the travelers?
6. When they cross the ditch, whose land do the travelers enter?
7. How does the Wizard propose he will get Dorothy back to Kansas?
8. Why doesn't Dorothy get back to Kansas in this chapter?
9. What happens with the current is too strong for the travelers to cross the river?
10. Who is the first person that Dorothy encounters as she travels to see the Wizard?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)