|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the storm drop Dorothy?
(a) In Nebraska
(b) In field
(c) The Emerald City
(d) The Land of Oz
2. What is the traveler's mission in order to get Dorothy home?
(a) Find the Golden Box
(b) Kill the Wicked Witch of the East
(c) Kill the Winged Monkeys
(d) Kill the Wicked Witch of the West
3. The Scarecrow says he has seen _________ in his short life.
(b) Too much
(c) A lot
(d) Too many things
4. What do the mice build?
(a) A platform with wheels
(b) A blanket
(c) A house
(d) A net
5. What does the Witch of the North give Dorothy to keep and to wear?
(a) Ruby slippers
(b) Silver shoes
(c) A necklace
(d) Wooden clogs
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorothy's last name?
2. What do Dorothy and the other travelers have to cross at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Scarecrow doesn't mind being made of straw because be never gets hurt and he never gets ________.
4. What is the woodchopper made of?
5. Who does Dorothy first encounter as she is heading out on her journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who greets Dorothy and calls Dorothy a great sorceress for killing the Wicked Witch of the East?
2. What does Glinda ask for in return for helping Dorothy return to Kansas?
3. When Dorothy is to see the Wizard, what is she dressed in before she is taken to the throne room?
4. When Dorothy discovers the Golden Cap, what does she do with it?
5. How does Dorothy finally kill the Wicked Witch of the West?
6. When Dorothy and the Scarecrow finish their stories, what happens?
7. Why doesn't Dorothy get back to Kansas in this chapter?
8. What does the Scarecrow threaten to do if the Wizard will not see them?
9. Which character feels right at home with the moss and the trees?
10. What does the curse do to the Tin Woodman?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)