|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the small woman dressed in a brilliant white dress?
(a) The Witch of the North
(b) Mary Sue
(c) The Witch of the South
2. What does the Wizard appear like to Dorothy?
(a) A big head
(c) A small old man
(d) A young woman
3. What does Dorothy do to protect Toto?
(a) Slaps the lion on the nose
(b) Asks for the Tin Woodman's ax
(c) Uses her magic shoes
(d) Runs inbetween
4. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, he wonders why anyone would want to go back to such a ____________.
(a) Exciting family
(b) Boring town
(c) Dull life
(d) Gray place
5. When the Woodman's heart was taken away, so was his ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people live on the other side of this obstacle?
2. The Scarecrow says he has seen _________ in his short life.
3. What kills the witch?
4. Who is flustered when the travelers arrive at the City of Emeralds and demand to see the Wizard?
5. Where must Dorothy go to learn how to get back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who will become the new ruler of the Emerald City?
2. What do the travelers have to wear before they can enter the City of Emeralds?
3. How do the travelers finally find their way back to the City of Emeralds?
4. Why can't the winged monkeys help Dorothy get back to Kansas?
5. What does the curse do to the Tin Woodman?
6. Who greets Dorothy and calls Dorothy a great sorceress for killing the Wicked Witch of the East?
7. How do the travelers get past the answer to #53?
8. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, how does he react?
9. Who is Dorothy's constant companion and friend?
10. What is the one thing the answer to #10 really wants more than anything else in the world?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)