|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorothy do to protect her house?
(b) She kisses it
(c) She gets a spell put on it
(d) Locks it up before she leaves
2. Who cuts down the tree to create a bridge?
(b) The Tin Woodman
(c) The Scarecrow
(d) The Lion
3. Where was the Scarecrow placed?
(a) Outside the front door
(b) In a field
(c) In the pens with the animals
(d) In a barn
4. What do the travelers hear as they journey through the forest?
(a) Growls of wild animals
5. What leads Dorothy and the Scarecrow to the woodchopper?
(a) A feeling
(b) A groan
(c) A sign
(d) A bird
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dorothy spend her first night in Oz?
2. How long was the Woodman standing in the woods as Dorothy and Scarecrow found him?
3. From what does Dorothy help the Scarecrow get down from?
4. Who did the (answer to #50) Woodman fall in love with?
5. When the Woodman's heart was taken away, so was his ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. The travelers find themselves lost in the land of the Winkies. Why?
2. When Dorothy is to see the Wizard, what is she dressed in before she is taken to the throne room?
3. What does the Scarecrow threaten to do if the Wizard will not see them?
4. Who is afraid of the growls of the wild animals in the forest?
5. How do the Munchkins and the Witch of the North know that Dorothy has killed the Wicked Witch of the East?
6. After Dorothy kills the Wicked Witch of the West, who is happy to be free of the witch's spell?
7. What does the Wizard insert into the Tin Woodman's chest?
8. What would the Tin Woodman like to receive from the Wizard?
9. When they cross the ditch, whose land do the travelers enter?
10. When the travelers get to a large ditch, what plan does the Scarecrow devise?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)