|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Winkies do for the Tin Woodman?
(a) Take him home
(b) Throw water on him
(c) Take out his dents and repair him
(d) Find his lost love
2. In what land does Glinda live?
(a) The land of the Quadlings
(c) In a pond
(d) In the land of the Hammer Heads
3. What do these creatures do to the travelers?
(a) Sing at them
(b) Strangle them
(c) Knock them down
(d) Put them under a spell
4. What is this forest filled with?
(b) Tree guards
(c) Magical gnomes
5. Where does the Wizard put the Tin Woodman's heart?
(a) In his hat
(b) In his chest
(c) In his hand
(d) In his pocket
6. What does Glinda want from Dorothy?
(a) The Golden Cap
(b) Her dress
(c) Her silver shoes
(d) Her basket
7. What do the travelers see when they make it through the forest?
(a) A river
(b) A ditch
(c) A fire
(d) A high wall of china
8. During the big meeting, who causes the members of the meeting to hush and turn?
(a) Tin Woodman
(d) The Lion
9. How long does it take Dorothy to make her ride home?
(a) One day
(b) A month
(c) Three days
(d) A week
10. What is the name of this chapter?
(a) Return to Kansas
(b) Home Again
(c) Home at Last
(d) Away from Oz
11. Who is having a meeting in the forest?
(a) A couple of old men
(b) A group of hundreds of animals
(c) A pack of jackals
(d) A few sprites
12. What does Dorothy use to summon the mice?
(a) A snap of her fingers
(b) A click of her heels
(c) A small whistle
(d) A spell
13. Who runs into the crowd, causing Dorothy to miss the takeoff?
(a) The Lion
(c) Tin Woodman
(d) The Scarecrow
14. Where is the Wizard revealed to be?
(a) Behind a small screen
(b) Behind the throne
(c) In the ceiling
(d) In a secret cupboard
15. What is the Lion's new title?
(a) King of the Jungle
(b) King of the Forest
(c) Leader of all Four Leggeds
(d) Strong Warrior
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wizard say when the travelers can not see him in the throne room?
2. What is the land in this chapter filled with?
3. What creatures look like short men with large heads?
4. What does the Wizard do when the travelers announce their victory?
5. In which direction are the travelers supposed to go?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)