|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man suggest the travelers climb to reach their destination?
(a) The roof
(b) The ledge
(c) The wall
(d) The hill
2. Why does Glinda give the Golden Cap away?
(a) To get rid of its evil
(b) To save the rest of Oz
(c) To help Dorothy
(d) To free the monkeys
3. What is the primary color of the land the Glinda lives in?
4. Who is NOT a figurine the travelers encounter?
(b) China milkmaid
5. In which direction are the travelers supposed to go?
6. Where is the Wizard revealed to be?
(a) Behind the throne
(b) Behind a small screen
(c) In a secret cupboard
(d) In the ceiling
7. Who is having a meeting in the forest?
(a) A few sprites
(b) A couple of old men
(c) A group of hundreds of animals
(d) A pack of jackals
8. What do the friends of Dorothy vow to do?
(a) Help persuade the monkeys
(b) Travel with her
(c) Build her a boat
(d) Let her go on her own
9. Where does Dorothy tell her aunt she has been?
(a) The Land of Oz
(b) At the witch's palace
(c) In the cellar
(d) Under her bed
10. What do the Winkies do for the Scarecrow?
(a) Help him with a plan
(c) Help repair him
(d) Give him a brain
11. Who enjoys the new land the travelers enter after the land of china?
(c) Tin Woodman
(d) The Lion
12. In which direction do the travelers walk?
13. What is the land in this chapter filled with?
(a) Small dolls of clay
(c) Glass animals
(d) Living china figurines
14. Who has been broken and glued back together many times?
(a) The cow
(b) The milkmaid
(d) The king
15. What is the Wizard's true profession?
(a) A ventriloquist
(b) A sage
(c) A writer
(d) An actor
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Scarecrow put his gift from the Wizard?
2. What does the Wizard want to do?
3. Who does the Scarecrow ask for help with Dorothy's dilemma?
4. Dorothy says, "I'm so glad to be at ______ again!"
5. What does Glinda want from Dorothy?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)