|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do these creatures do to the travelers?
(a) Sing at them
(b) Knock them down
(c) Strangle them
(d) Put them under a spell
2. Where does the Scarecrow put his gift from the Wizard?
(a) In his pocket
(b) In his arm
(c) In his hat
(d) In his head
3. Who doesn't get what they wanted from the Wizard?
(d) Tin Woodman
4. What does Glinda tell the monkeys to do with the Tin Woodman?
(a) Take him to the Hammer Heads
(b) Take him to Oz
(c) Take him to the Emerald City
(d) Take him to the land of the Winkies
5. What does Glinda tell the monkeys to do with the Scarecrow?
(a) Take him to Oz
(b) Take him to the witch's palace
(c) Take him to the Hammer Heads
(d) Take him back to the Emerald City
6. What do the travelers see when they make it through the forest?
(a) A high wall of china
(b) A fire
(c) A river
(d) A ditch
7. What does the man suggest the travelers climb to reach their destination?
(a) The wall
(b) The ledge
(c) The hill
(d) The roof
8. Who does Dorothy run up to at the end?
(c) Aunt Em
(d) Uncle Henry
9. Who is having a meeting in the forest?
(a) A couple of old men
(b) A few sprites
(c) A group of hundreds of animals
(d) A pack of jackals
10. Who tries to enter the woods first?
(a) The Tin Woodman
(c) The Scarecrow
(d) The Lion
11. What finally rescues the travelers?
(a) The Winkies
(b) The Winged Monkeys
(c) The mice
(d) The Munchkins
12. Who is NOT a figurine the travelers encounter?
(d) China milkmaid
13. In which direction are the travelers supposed to go?
14. What is this forest filled with?
(b) Magical gnomes
(c) Tree guards
15. What is the Wizard's true profession?
(a) A writer
(b) An actor
(c) A ventriloquist
(d) A sage
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Glinda give the Golden Cap away?
2. Who runs into the crowd, causing Dorothy to miss the takeoff?
3. What is the Lion's new title?
4. What is the land in this chapter filled with?
5. Who does the Wizard put in charge of the City of Emeralds?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)