|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this forest filled with?
(a) Magical gnomes
(b) Tree guards
2. What does Glinda want from Dorothy?
(a) Her basket
(b) Her dress
(c) Her silver shoes
(d) The Golden Cap
3. Who does Dorothy want to bring back to Kansas with her?
(a) The princess
(b) The milkmaid
(c) The dragon
(d) The jokeer
4. In which direction do the travelers walk?
5. When the travelers are all back together, what do they decide to do?
(a) Head for Kansas
(b) Move into the palace
(c) Take a nap
(d) Return to Oz
6. What is the name of this chapter?
(a) Return to Kansas
(b) Home at Last
(c) Home Again
(d) Away from Oz
7. Fill in the blank: "There are worse things in the world than being a _______."
(b) Person made of china
(c) Tin Woodman
8. What do the travelers think will happen now that the witch is dead?
(a) They can have an easy journey
(b) The Wizard will grant their wishes
(c) They can stop being afraid
(d) They will get big rewards
9. What does the Wizard present as the Tin Woodman's heart?
(a) A stuffed silk heart
(b) A vial of potion
(c) A certificate
(d) Bran, pins, and needles
10. Who tries to enter the woods first?
(a) The Lion
(b) The Scarecrow
(d) The Tin Woodman
11. What does Dorothy use to summon the mice?
(a) A small whistle
(b) A snap of her fingers
(c) A spell
(d) A click of her heels
12. What is the Lion's new title?
(a) Leader of all Four Leggeds
(b) King of the Forest
(c) Strong Warrior
(d) King of the Jungle
13. What had Aunt Em been getting ready to do?
(a) Make dinner
(b) Water the cabbages
(c) Run some errands
(d) Hug Uncle Henry
14. What tries to grab this person in #139?
(a) A little person
(b) A tree
(c) A lion
(d) A monster
15. Where does Dorothy tell her aunt she has been?
(a) In the cellar
(b) At the witch's palace
(c) The Land of Oz
(d) Under her bed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Glinda tell the monkeys to do with the Tin Woodman?
2. What does the Queen of the Mice tell Dorothy to use to help them get to the Emerald City?
3. Who is having a meeting in the forest?
4. What do these creatures do to the travelers?
5. Why does Glinda give the Golden Cap away?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)