|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Wizard put the Tin Woodman's heart?
(a) In his chest
(b) In his hat
(c) In his pocket
(d) In his hand
2. What is the Lion's new title?
(a) King of the Forest
(b) King of the Jungle
(c) Leader of all Four Leggeds
(d) Strong Warrior
3. When the travelers are all back together, what do they decide to do?
(a) Return to Oz
(b) Head for Kansas
(c) Move into the palace
(d) Take a nap
4. Who saves the person in #139 from the answer to #140?
(a) The Tin Woodman
5. What is the Wizard's true profession?
(a) A writer
(b) A sage
(c) A ventriloquist
(d) An actor
6. How long does it take Dorothy to make her ride home?
(a) Three days
(b) A month
(c) A week
(d) One day
7. What is comprised of bran, pins, and needles?
(a) The Tin Woodman's heart
(b) Dorothy's breakfast
(c) The Scarecrow's brain
(d) The Lions Nerve
8. What does the Wizard propose Dorothy build in order to get home?
(a) A train
(b) A boat
(c) A car
(d) A balloon
9. What is the land in this chapter filled with?
(a) Living china figurines
(c) Glass animals
(d) Small dolls of clay
10. What do these creatures do to the travelers?
(a) Put them under a spell
(b) Sing at them
(c) Knock them down
(d) Strangle them
11. Who is NOT a figurine the travelers encounter?
(c) China milkmaid
12. What is the Wizard tired of being?
(a) A humbug
(b) A lonely man
(c) A Wizard
(d) A coward
13. What does Glinda tell the monkeys to do with the Lion?
(a) Take him to the forest
(b) Take him to Oz
(c) Take him to the Winkies
(d) Take him to the land of Spiders
14. Who does Dorothy run up to at the end?
(b) Uncle Henry
(c) Aunt Em
15. Who doesn't get what they wanted from the Wizard?
(d) Tin Woodman
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorothy says, "I'm so glad to be at ______ again!"
2. What does Dorothy use to summon the mice?
3. In which direction do the travelers walk?
4. During the big meeting, who causes the members of the meeting to hush and turn?
5. What do the friends of Dorothy vow to do?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)