|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Queen of the Mice tell Dorothy to use to help them get to the Emerald City?
(a) The yellow brick road
(b) The map
(c) The Golden Cap
(d) Her heart
2. Who tries to enter the woods first?
(a) The Tin Woodman
(b) The Scarecrow
(c) The Lion
3. Who is having a meeting in the forest?
(a) A couple of old men
(b) A pack of jackals
(c) A few sprites
(d) A group of hundreds of animals
4. What does Glinda tell the monkeys to do with the Tin Woodman?
(a) Take him to the Hammer Heads
(b) Take him to the Emerald City
(c) Take him to the land of the Winkies
(d) Take him to Oz
5. Who does Dorothy want to bring back to Kansas with her?
(a) The milkmaid
(b) The princess
(c) The jokeer
(d) The dragon
6. Dorothy says, "I'm so glad to be at ______ again!"
(b) This place
(d) The farm
7. What do the Winkies do for the Scarecrow?
(a) Give him a brain
(c) Help repair him
(d) Help him with a plan
8. What do the friends of Dorothy vow to do?
(a) Help persuade the monkeys
(b) Let her go on her own
(c) Build her a boat
(d) Travel with her
9. In which direction do the travelers walk?
10. Where is the Wizard revealed to be?
(a) In the ceiling
(b) Behind a small screen
(c) Behind the throne
(d) In a secret cupboard
11. Who runs into the crowd, causing Dorothy to miss the takeoff?
(a) The Lion
(b) Tin Woodman
(c) The Scarecrow
12. When the travelers are all back together, what do they decide to do?
(a) Head for Kansas
(b) Move into the palace
(c) Return to Oz
(d) Take a nap
13. Where does the Wizard put the Tin Woodman's heart?
(a) In his pocket
(b) In his chest
(c) In his hat
(d) In his hand
14. What does Dorothy use to summon the mice?
(a) A click of her heels
(b) A small whistle
(c) A snap of her fingers
(d) A spell
15. Who does Glinda give the Golden Cap to?
(b) The leader of the monkeys
(c) Tin Woodman
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this person in #135 tell the travelers to go?
2. Who does the Scarecrow ask for help with Dorothy's dilemma?
3. What does this person in #141 do?
4. Where is the charm of the Golden Cap?
5. Who has been broken and glued back together many times?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)