|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Glinda tell the monkeys to do with the Scarecrow?
(a) Take him to the Hammer Heads
(b) Take him to the witch's palace
(c) Take him to Oz
(d) Take him back to the Emerald City
2. Who are the first creatures called to help Dorothy?
(a) The witches
(b) The Winged Monkeys
(c) The Munchkins
(d) The mice
3. How many travelers are there?
4. What is the primary color of the land the Glinda lives in?
5. What does Dorothy decide to take with her?
(a) The magic eye
(b) The Golden Cap
(c) The silver slippers
(d) The spell book
6. Where had Aunt Em been when Dorothy appeared?
(a) In the fields
(b) In the house
(c) In the pen
(d) In the barn
7. The people of this land are afraid of what?
(a) The strangers are evil
(b) The strangers will take them away
(c) The strangers will break them
(d) The strangers will take over their land
8. What do the Winkies do for the Scarecrow?
(a) Give him a brain
(b) Help him with a plan
(d) Help repair him
9. What color is the land of the Winkies?
10. Who enjoys the new land the travelers enter after the land of china?
(c) Tin Woodman
(d) The Lion
11. Who has been broken and glued back together many times?
(a) The king
(c) The milkmaid
(d) The cow
12. In which direction are the travelers supposed to go?
13. What do the travelers think will happen now that the witch is dead?
(a) The Wizard will grant their wishes
(b) They can stop being afraid
(c) They can have an easy journey
(d) They will get big rewards
14. What tries to grab this person in #139?
(a) A tree
(b) A little person
(c) A monster
(d) A lion
15. What is the name of this chapter?
(a) Away from Oz
(b) Return to Kansas
(c) Home Again
(d) Home at Last
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Aunt Em been getting ready to do?
2. Who is having a meeting in the forest?
3. Where does Dorothy tell her aunt she has been?
4. What is the Wizard tired of being?
5. Where does the Wizard put the Tin Woodman's heart?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)