Short Essay Questions Key
1. Who makes up the family that lives on the Kansas prairie?
Dorothy, Aunt Em, and Uncle Henry all live on the Kansas prairie.
2. Who is Dorothy's constant companion and friend?
Toto, her dog, is her constant companion and friend.
3. What causes the family to retreat to the storm cellar?
A cyclone makes Aunt Em run for the storm cellar, but Dorothy doesn't make it to the door before it closes because Toto runs under the bed.
4. What happens to the house when the cyclone hits?
The house is lifted off its foundation when the cyclone hits.
5. Where does the cyclone drop Dorothy's house?
The cyclone drops the house in the Land of Oz.
6. Who are the miniature people, characterized by their blue dress?
The miniature people are the Munchkins and they are the first people Dorothy and Toto meet in Oz.
This section contains 1,848 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)