|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cecelia rise early in Chapter 81?
2. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 83?
3. Why does Liza decide to go to Los Angeles for a few days?
4. Who does Henry pick up from the airport in Chapter 94?
5. What does Mercedes ask Henry to do in front of her in Chapter 73?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
2. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
3. What do Henry and Tammie do in Chapter 64, and how does this cause a fight?
4. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
5. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
6. What is Henry's predicament concerning Thanksgiving, and how does he solve his dilemma?
7. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
8. Who is William Keesing?
9. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
10. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if Henry and Lydia had stayed together throughout the entire novel, despite his many affairs?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Women"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)