|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry receive a letter from in Chapter 94?
2. Who is fairly judgmental in Chapter 96?
3. Where does Liza ask Henry to take her in Chapter 85?
4. Why is Henry's sex partner in Chapter 90 worried about maintaining secrecy of their encounter?
5. Why is Mercedes afraid to sleep with Henry in Chapter 72?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is William Keesing?
2. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
3. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
4. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
5. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
6. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
7. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
8. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
9. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
10. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
Essay Topic 2
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
Essay Topic 3
How can "Women" be read as semi-autobiographical of Bukowski?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)