|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to visit Henry in Chapter 69?
2. What is Debra planning a party for?
3. How many women does Henry meet at his reading in a local club in Chapter 87?
4. What does Cecelia allow Henry to do in Chapter 80?
5. Who does Henry sleep with in Chapter 97?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
2. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
3. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
4. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
5. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
6. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
7. Describe Henry's reading in Chapters 61 through 62.
8. Describe Henry and Sara's fight in Chapter 92.
9. Describe Henry's interactions with the prostitutes in Chapter 96.
10. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class play in "Women"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lydia and Sara. How are their relationships with Henry similar and different?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)