|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry watch sleep together in Chapter 96?
2. Who does Henry have sex with after his reading in Chapter 93?
3. What does Tammie do a surprisingly creditable job of in Chapter 67?
4. Who does Henry pick up from the airport in Chapter 94?
5. What does Tammie find in the morning in Chapter 64?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
2. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
3. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
4. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
5. What happens on the plane to New York City?
6. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
7. Describe Henry's interactions with the prostitutes in Chapter 96.
8. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
9. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
10. What do Henry and Tammie do in Chapter 64, and how does this cause a fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Women" as a comic novel. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical comic novel? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as comic fiction? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as comic fiction?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lydia and Sara. How are their relationships with Henry similar and different?
Essay Topic 3
How does Henry's literary career make "all of his dreams come true"?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)