|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 82, what does Cecelia think about Henry?
2. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 74?
3. Who does Henry mentally compare Sara to in Chapter 91?
4. What is Henry worried about in Chapters 58 through 60?
5. What does Tammie find in the morning in Chapter 64?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's reading in Chapters 61 through 62.
2. What happens on the plane to New York City?
3. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
4. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
5. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
6. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
7. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
8. What do Henry and Tammie do in Chapter 64, and how does this cause a fight?
9. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
10. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lydia and Sara. How are their relationships with Henry similar and different?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "Women" as a comic novel. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical comic novel? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as comic fiction? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as comic fiction?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)