|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cecelia call Henry two weeks after he returns to Los Angeles?
2. When does Liza visit Henry again in Chapter 85?
3. Which of his women does Henry spend Thanksgiving with in Chapter 95?
4. What does Tammie do a surprisingly creditable job of in Chapter 67?
5. Where do Henry, Cecelia, Bobby and Valerie vacation in Chapter 79?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
2. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
3. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
4. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
5. Who is William Keesing?
6. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
7. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
8. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
9. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
10. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Women" as a comic novel. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical comic novel? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as comic fiction? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as comic fiction?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)