|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mercedes marry in Chapter 72?
2. Why is Henry's sex partner in Chapter 90 worried about maintaining secrecy of their encounter?
3. Who does Henry mentally compare Sara to in Chapter 91?
4. Who does Henry ask for advice concerning Debra and Iris in Chapter 93?
5. When does Mercedes stop giving Henry fellatio in Chapter 73?
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Women" as a comic novel. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical comic novel? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as comic fiction? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as comic fiction?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "Women"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)