|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tammie and Henry search for as they walk the streets of New York City?
2. Who does Henry finally sleep with after Iris leaves?
3. What does Henry do after Liza leaves in the morning in Chapter 85?
4. Why does Tammie fly into a rage in Chapter 67?
5. Why does Liza leave early in the morning in Chapter 84?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
2. Describe Henry's reading in Chapters 61 through 62.
3. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
4. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
5. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
6. Describe Henry's interactions with the prostitutes in Chapter 96.
7. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
8. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
9. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
10. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 2
How can "Women" be read as semi-autobiographical of Bukowski?
Essay Topic 3
How does Henry change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes. What does the way that Henry views and treats women say about his character? How does this change throughout the novel?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)