|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets stuck in Henry's car in Chapter 71?
2. After leaving Tammie because she angers him, what does Henry do later when she returns to the hotel room?
3. Who begins to visit Henry in Chapter 69?
4. When does Mercedes stop giving Henry fellatio in Chapter 73?
5. Who does Henry have sex with in Chapter 90?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the plane to New York City?
2. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
3. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
4. Describe Henry and Sara's fight in Chapter 92.
5. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
6. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
7. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
8. What is Henry's predicament concerning Thanksgiving, and how does he solve his dilemma?
9. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
10. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (alcoholism, infidelity, prostitution, etc.) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if Henry and Lydia had stayed together throughout the entire novel, despite his many affairs?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Women"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)