|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry have sex with in Chapter 90?
2. According to Chapter 82, what does Cecelia think about Henry?
3. Who does Henry receive a letter from in Chapter 94?
4. What does Cecelia interrupt in Chapter 81?
5. What surprises Henry in Chapter 95 after his violent rendezvous with Iris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "Women"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
How does Henry change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes. What does the way that Henry views and treats women say about his character? How does this change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What role does social class play in "Women"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)