|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose literary accomplishments is Henry impressed with in Chapter 74?
2. Why does Liza leave early in the morning in Chapter 84?
3. What does Henry tell Debra at the end of Chapter 93 before running away?
4. When does Liza visit Henry again in Chapter 85?
5. What gets stuck in Henry's car in Chapter 71?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
2. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
3. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
4. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
5. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
6. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
7. What do Henry and Tammie do in Chapter 64, and how does this cause a fight?
8. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
9. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
10. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of sex in this novel? What events are driven by sex? How are characters viewed based on their sexual abilities and sexual attractiveness?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "Women" as a comic novel. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical comic novel? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as comic fiction? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as comic fiction?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)