|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Henry and Tammie prepare to go in the beginning of Chapter 58?
2. Why is Mercedes afraid to sleep with Henry in Chapter 72?
3. What does Tammie do on the flight?
4. Who does Henry find out that Tammie is sleeping with?
5. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 83?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
2. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
3. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
4. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
5. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
6. What do Henry and Tammie do in Chapter 64, and how does this cause a fight?
7. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
8. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
10. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Henry treat the separate women in his life differently? Who does he treat the best? Who does he treat the worst?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
Essay Topic 3
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)