|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays in the hotel room next to Henry in Chapter 83?
2. Who does Henry unexpectedly encounter at Tammie's apartment when he picks her up for their trip?
3. Whose literary accomplishments is Henry impressed with in Chapter 74?
4. Where does Liza sleep her first night in Los Angeles?
5. Why is Henry's sex partner in Chapter 90 worried about maintaining secrecy of their encounter?
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "Women"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of sex in this novel? What events are driven by sex? How are characters viewed based on their sexual abilities and sexual attractiveness?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (alcoholism, infidelity, prostitution, etc.) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)