|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry worried about in Chapters 58 through 60?
2. What is Debra planning a party for?
3. Who is fairly judgmental in Chapter 96?
4. What does Henry do after Liza leaves in the morning in Chapter 85?
5. What does Henry accuse Tammie of the day after her brother and his friends visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is William Keesing?
2. Describe Henry's reading in Chapters 61 through 62.
3. Describe Henry and Sara's fight in Chapter 92.
4. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
5. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
6. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
7. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
8. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
9. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
10. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can "Women" be read as semi-autobiographical of Bukowski?
Essay Topic 2
How does Henry's literary career make "all of his dreams come true"?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (alcoholism, infidelity, prostitution, etc.) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)