|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry sleep with in Chapter 97?
2. Who does Henry have sex with after his reading in Chapter 93?
3. Who is ill in Chapters 74 and 75?
4. Where does Liza sleep her first night in Los Angeles?
5. Where does Liza ask Henry to take her in Chapter 85?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
2. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
3. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
4. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
5. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
6. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
7. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
8. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
9. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
10. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Women" as a comic novel. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical comic novel? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as comic fiction? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as comic fiction?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class play in "Women"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lydia and Sara. How are their relationships with Henry similar and different?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)