|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry decide about Sara in cCapter 92?
2. Where does Liza ask Henry to take her in Chapter 85?
3. What does Tammie do on the flight?
4. What does Cecelia interrupt in Chapter 81?
5. Who does Henry pick up from the airport in Chapter 94?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's interactions with the prostitutes in Chapter 96.
2. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
3. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
4. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
5. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
6. Describe Henry and Sara's fight in Chapter 92.
7. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
8. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
9. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
10. What is Henry's predicament concerning Thanksgiving, and how does he solve his dilemma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
Essay Topic 2
How are the different symbols (Henry's apartment, the sculpture of Henry's head, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)