|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry unexpectedly encounter at Tammie's apartment when he picks her up for their trip?
2. Who does Henry finally sleep with after Iris leaves?
3. Who does Henry sleep with in Chapter 97?
4. What does Tammie find in the morning in Chapter 64?
5. Whose literary accomplishments is Henry impressed with in Chapter 74?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
2. What happens on the plane to New York City?
3. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
4. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
5. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
6. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
7. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
8. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
9. What is Henry's predicament concerning Thanksgiving, and how does he solve his dilemma?
10. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Henry's literary career make "all of his dreams come true"?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lydia and Sara. How are their relationships with Henry similar and different?
Essay Topic 3
How can "Women" be read as semi-autobiographical of Bukowski?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)