|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who phones Sara's house at the end of Chapter 91 looking for Henry?
2. Why is Mercedes afraid to sleep with Henry in Chapter 72?
3. Why does Tammie fly into a rage in Chapter 67?
4. Who stays in the hotel room next to Henry in Chapter 83?
5. Who does Henry mentally compare Sara to in Chapter 91?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
2. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
3. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
4. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
5. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
6. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
7. What happens on the plane to New York City?
8. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
9. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
10. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "Women"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if Henry and Lydia had stayed together throughout the entire novel, despite his many affairs?
Essay Topic 3
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)