|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 83?
2. Who does Mercedes marry in Chapter 72?
3. What does Henry accuse Tammie of the day after her brother and his friends visit?
4. How many women does Henry meet at his reading in a local club in Chapter 87?
5. Why is Tammie delayed for the reading in Chapter 62?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
2. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
3. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
4. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
5. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
6. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
7. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
8. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
9. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
10. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Henry treat the separate women in his life differently? Who does he treat the best? Who does he treat the worst?
Essay Topic 2
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
Essay Topic 3
How are the different symbols (Henry's apartment, the sculpture of Henry's head, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)