|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two Germans girls leave Henry's apartment?
2. Who does Cassie gossip about with Henry in Chapter 88?
3. Why is Tammie delayed for the reading in Chapter 62?
4. What does Henry do about the person he unexpectedly finds at Tammie's apartment?
5. What does Tammie do a surprisingly creditable job of in Chapter 67?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is William Keesing?
2. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
3. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
4. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
5. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
6. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
7. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
8. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
9. Describe Henry's interactions with the prostitutes in Chapter 96.
10. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
Essay Topic 2
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
Essay Topic 3
How can "Women" be read as semi-autobiographical of Bukowski?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)