|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Henry and Tammie prepare to go in the beginning of Chapter 58?
2. Why does Tammie fly into a rage in Chapter 67?
3. Who phones Sara's house at the end of Chapter 91 looking for Henry?
4. How many women does Henry meet at his reading in a local club in Chapter 87?
5. According to Chapter 82, what does Cecelia think about Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
2. Who is William Keesing?
3. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
4. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
5. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
6. What is Henry's predicament concerning Thanksgiving, and how does he solve his dilemma?
7. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
8. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
9. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
10. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if Henry and Lydia had stayed together throughout the entire novel, despite his many affairs?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)