|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Chinaski gain fame as?
2. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
3. What does Henry purchase the third time that Tammie visits him?
4. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
5. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
2. Where do Henry and Lydia go in Chapter 5, and what happens?
3. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
4. Where does Henry go in Chapter 7, why, and what happens on his way there?
5. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
6. What does Lydia do in Chapter 46, and how does Henry react?
7. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
8. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapter 25, and what is their fight about?
9. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
10. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 2
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)