|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the car crash in Chapter 7?
2. What does Henry's visitor think about his life after a few days in Chapter 38?
3. Where is Henry's first stop in Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of Bobby's wife?
5. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lilly.
2. Where does Henry go in Chapter 30, and what happens there?
3. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
4. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
5. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
6. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
8. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 7, why, and what happens on his way there?
10. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class play in "Women"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if Henry and Lydia had stayed together throughout the entire novel, despite his many affairs?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)