|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
2. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 8, why does Henry's sponsor say that Henry can have his pick of any girl in the crowd?
4. What does Henry do in the evening during his visit in Chapter 56?
5. Who picks Henry up from the airport at his first stop in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
2. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
3. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
4. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
5. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
6. What does Lydia do in Chapter 46, and how does Henry react?
7. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
8. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
9. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
10. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "Women"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
What role does social class play in "Women"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)