Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
2. What does Henry's visitor think about his life after a few days in Chapter 38?
3. What does Tammie offer to sell Henry for cash the first day that she meets him?
4. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
5. Why is Henry unable to perform sexually in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Henry and Tammie do in Chapter 64, and how does this cause a fight?
2. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
3. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
4. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
5. Describe Arlene and Tammie.
6. How does Henry show that he has changed at the end of the novel?
7. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
8. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
9. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
10. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
Essay Topic 2
How are the different symbols (Henry's apartment, the sculpture of Henry's head, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of sex in this novel? What events are driven by sex? How are characters viewed based on their sexual abilities and sexual attractiveness?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)