|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Chinaski gain fame as?
2. How does Lydia react to the other men at the magazine's collation party in Chapter 4?
3. How does Henry meet Nicole?
4. What does Lydia smash when she fights with Henry in his apartment after his affair in Chapter 12?
5. What does Tammie offer to sell Henry for cash the first day that she meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
2. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
3. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
4. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
5. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
6. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
7. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
8. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
9. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
10. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
Essay Topic 2
How does Henry change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes. What does the way that Henry views and treats women say about his character? How does this change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)