|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lydia call Henry from in Chapter 45?
2. Who decides to visit Henry the day after his one night stand in Chapter 34?
3. Where does Henry go after the car crash in Chapter 7?
4. Who arrives as Henry returns to his apartment with Bobby's wife?
5. What does Lydia pay close attention to when she and Henry go to the beach in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
2. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
3. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
4. Describe Lilly.
5. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
6. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
7. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
8. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
9. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
10. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapter 25, and what is their fight about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols (Henry's apartment, the sculpture of Henry's head, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Women" as a comic novel. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical comic novel? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as comic fiction? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as comic fiction?
Essay Topic 3
How does Henry and Bobby's friendship affect the story?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)