|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
2. What position does Henry hold at a small, local magazine?
3. What is the name of the woman that Henry sleeps with after his reading in Chapter 31?
4. Where does Lydia call Henry from in Chapter 45?
5. Who does Henry select to leave with from the crowd in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
2. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
3. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapter 25, and what is their fight about?
4. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
5. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
6. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
7. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
8. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
10. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Women" as a comic novel. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical comic novel? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as comic fiction? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as comic fiction?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "Women"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
How does Henry and Bobby's friendship affect the story?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)