|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia do when she finds Mindy in Henry's apartment?
2. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
3. In Chapter 8, why does Henry's sponsor say that Henry can have his pick of any girl in the crowd?
4. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
5. What does Tammie beg to do after Henry returns from Galveston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
2. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
3. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
4. What does Henry tell Tammie in Chapter 57, how does she respond, and how is the issue resolved?
5. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
6. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
7. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
8. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
9. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
10. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class play in "Women"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)