|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks Henry up from the airport when he returns to Los Angeles in Chapter 32?
2. What do Henry and Lydia fight about after Lydia introduces her sister to Henry's friend?
3. How long does Henry stay with Joanna?
4. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
5. What does Henry demand when he knocks on the dormitory doors in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
2. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
3. Describe Lilly.
4. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
5. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
6. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
7. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
8. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
9. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
10. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
Essay Topic 3
How does Henry change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes. What does the way that Henry views and treats women say about his character? How does this change throughout the novel?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)