|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mindy stay with after Lydia finds her in Henry's apartment?
2. Who picks Henry up from the airport when he returns to Los Angeles in Chapter 32?
3. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
4. What does Henry do in the evening during his visit in Chapter 56?
5. What is the name of Bobby's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
2. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
4. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
5. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
6. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
7. What does Henry tell Tammie in Chapter 57, how does she respond, and how is the issue resolved?
8. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
9. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
10. Where does Henry go in Chapter 30, and what happens there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry Chinaski is the protagonist or hero of "Women". Analyze his actions to describe how he fits this archetype and how he varies from the traditional archetypal hero. How else can Henry be viewed?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of sex in this novel? What events are driven by sex? How are characters viewed based on their sexual abilities and sexual attractiveness?
Essay Topic 3
What role does social class play in "Women"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)