|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
3. How does Henry meet Nicole?
4. What do Lydia and her sisters discuss that disgusts Henry in Chapter 30?
5. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
2. Describe Lilly.
3. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
4. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
5. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
6. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
7. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
8. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
9. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
10. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (alcoholism, infidelity, prostitution, etc.) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
Essay Topic 2
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)