|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry's first stop in Chapter 7?
2. What do Lydia and her sisters discuss that disgusts Henry in Chapter 30?
3. Who picks Henry up from the airport when he returns to Los Angeles in Chapter 32?
4. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
5. What does Lydia pay close attention to when she and Henry go to the beach in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
2. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
3. Describe Lilly.
4. Where does Henry go in Chapter 7, why, and what happens on his way there?
5. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
6. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
7. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
8. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
9. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
10. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of sex in this novel? What events are driven by sex? How are characters viewed based on their sexual abilities and sexual attractiveness?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)