|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry feel the night after Laura leaves?
2. What substance is Henry addicted to?
3. Who does Henry arrange to visit at the end of Chapter 53?
4. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of Tammie's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Henry and Lydia go in Chapter 5, and what happens?
2. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
3. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
4. What does Henry tell Tammie in Chapter 57, how does she respond, and how is the issue resolved?
5. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
6. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
7. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
8. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
9. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
10. Describe Lilly.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 2
How are the different symbols (Henry's apartment, the sculpture of Henry's head, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Henry treat the separate women in his life differently? Who does he treat the best? Who does he treat the worst?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)