|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
2. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
3. What position does Henry hold at a small, local magazine?
4. How does Henry feel the night after Laura leaves?
5. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
2. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
3. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
4. Where does Henry go in Chapter 7, why, and what happens on his way there?
5. What does Lydia do in Chapter 46, and how does Henry react?
6. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
7. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
8. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
9. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
10. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can "Women" be read as semi-autobiographical of Bukowski?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class play in "Women"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of sex in this novel? What events are driven by sex? How are characters viewed based on their sexual abilities and sexual attractiveness?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)