|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry's next reading?
2. Who does Mindy stay with after Lydia finds her in Henry's apartment?
3. What does Nicole compare Henry's poetry to?
4. Who picks Henry up from the airport at his first stop in Chapter 7?
5. What does Henry demand when he knocks on the dormitory doors in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
2. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
3. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
4. Where does Henry go in Chapter 30, and what happens there?
5. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
6. What does Henry tell Tammie in Chapter 57, how does she respond, and how is the issue resolved?
7. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
8. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
9. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
10. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class play in "Women"? What different classes are represented and by which characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast David and William Keesing.
Essay Topic 3
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)