|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lydia and her sisters discuss that disgusts Henry in Chapter 30?
2. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
3. What causes the car crash in Chapter 7?
4. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
5. What does Henry purchase the third time that Tammie visits him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry tell Tammie in Chapter 57, how does she respond, and how is the issue resolved?
2. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
3. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
4. Where do Henry and Lydia go in Chapter 5, and what happens?
5. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
6. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
7. Describe Lilly.
8. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
9. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
10. Where does Henry go in Chapter 30, and what happens there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is each setting in "Women" significant? What does each setting have in common? How is each setting different?
Essay Topic 2
How can "Women" be read as semi-autobiographical of Bukowski?
Essay Topic 3
How are the different symbols (Henry's apartment, the sculpture of Henry's head, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)