|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Henry use to continue sleeping with Nicole in Chapter 23?
(a) Going to work at the magazine.
(b) Visiting the supermarket.
(c) Poetry readings.
(d) Lydia is not fulfilling his needs.
2. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Because Lydia has cheats on Henry with someone else.
(b) They do not argue in Chapter 6.
(c) Because Lydia flirts with younger men at a party.
(d) Because Henry cheats on Lydia with someone else.
3. How does Henry meet Nicole?
(a) She is a former lover.
(b) They meet at a poetry reading.
(c) She begins to write to him.
(d) They meet at a bar.
4. Who picks Henry up from the airport in the beginning of Chapter 54?
(c) Dee Dee.
5. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
(a) Lydia Vance.
(b) Laura Stanley.
(c) Dee Dee Bronson.
(d) Joanna Dover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lydia and her sisters discuss that disgusts Henry in Chapter 30?
2. Why does Henry get angry at Joanna in Chapter 56?
3. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
4. Where is Henry's first stop in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of Tammie's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
2. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
3. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
4. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
5. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
6. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
7. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
8. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 7, why, and what happens on his way there?
10. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapter 25, and what is their fight about?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)