|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do on the first night of his visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Go to a dance club.
(b) Pass out.
(c) Sleep with Joanna.
(d) Give a reading.
2. Who does Lydia say is the father of the child she is currently carrying?
(d) She does not know.
3. How does Henry immediately feel about Lydia Vance?
(a) He thinks she is ugly.
(b) He does not notice her.
(c) He is attracted to her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
4. What does Lydia leave for Henry when she moves out of his apartment complex?
(a) Photographs of them together.
(b) The sculpture of Henry's head.
(c) A pair of blue underwear.
(d) Money for rent.
5. What does Henry try to do the night after Laura leaves?
(b) Sleep with Valerie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to visit Henry the day after his one night stand in Chapter 34?
2. Who does Mindy stay with after Lydia finds her in Henry's apartment?
3. How does Henry feel the night after Laura leaves?
4. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
5. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
2. What does Lydia do in Chapter 46, and how does Henry react?
3. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
4. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
5. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
6. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
7. Where does Henry go in Chapter 7, why, and what happens on his way there?
8. Describe Lilly.
9. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
10. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)