|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydia leave for Henry when she moves out of his apartment complex?
(a) Photographs of them together.
(b) A pair of blue underwear.
(c) Money for rent.
(d) The sculpture of Henry's head.
2. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
(a) Her brother's friend.
3. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
(a) Joanna Dover.
(b) Dee Dee Bronson.
(c) Laura Stanley.
(d) Lydia Vance.
4. What is the name of Bobby's wife?
5. Where does Henry go after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(a) Bar to get drunk.
(c) Local college for his reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
2. Why does Henry help Lydia obtain a unit in his apartment complex?
3. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
4. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
5. When does Henry visit Nicole in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
2. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
3. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
4. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
5. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
6. Describe Henry and Sara's fight in Chapter 92.
7. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
8. How does Henry show that he has changed at the end of the novel?
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
10. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)