|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Because Henry cheats on Lydia with someone else.
(b) Because Lydia flirts with younger men at a party.
(c) Because Lydia has cheats on Henry with someone else.
(d) They do not argue in Chapter 6.
2. Who picks Henry up from the airport in the beginning of Chapter 54?
(d) Dee Dee.
3. What does Lydia smash when she fights with Henry in his apartment after his affair in Chapter 12?
(a) His alcohol.
(b) The sculpture of Henry's head.
(c) Henry's face.
(d) Henry's windshield.
4. What position does Henry hold at a small, local magazine?
(b) Assistant editor.
5. How long does Henry stay with Joanna?
(a) Nearly two weeks.
(b) Almost a month.
(c) About a week.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henry and Lydia fight about after Lydia introduces her sister to Henry's friend?
2. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
3. Why does Henry agree to Tammie's request after his return from Galveston?
4. When does Henry visit Nicole in Chapter 21?
5. Who decides to visit Henry the day after his one night stand in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
2. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
3. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
4. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
5. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
6. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
7. What does Henry tell Tammie in Chapter 57, how does she respond, and how is the issue resolved?
8. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 30, and what happens there?
10. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)