|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tammie beg to do after Henry returns from Galveston?
(a) Accompany Henry to New York City.
(b) Let her sister stay with Henry.
(c) Get drunk and high on drugs.
(d) Sleep with Henry.
2. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
(a) Lisa, Lydia's daughter.
(b) Little Jack, Lydia's husband.
(c) Bobby, Lydia's son.
(d) Linda, Lydia's sister.
3. What causes the car crash in Chapter 7?
(a) A drunk driver.
(b) There is no car crash.
(c) Road ice.
(d) Bad driving.
4. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
(a) To perform readings.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To attend parties.
(d) To visit his family.
5. What does Henry's visitor do almost immediately upon arrival at his apartment in Chapter 35?
(a) Start drinking.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Clean the apartment.
(d) Climb into Henry's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henry and Lydia fight about after Lydia introduces her sister to Henry's friend?
2. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
3. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
4. Who does Henry hitch a ride with after the car crash in Chapter 7?
5. What does Henry purchase the third time that Tammie visits him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the plane to New York City?
2. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
3. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
4. Who is William Keesing?
5. Where does Henry go in Chapter 30, and what happens there?
6. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
7. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
8. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
9. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
10. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)