|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry hitch a ride with after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A beer dealer.
(d) A drug dealer.
2. What does Henry purchase the third time that Tammie visits him?
(a) A new mattress.
(c) Tammie's body.
3. What does Henry do after his reading in Chapter 7?
(a) Sleeps with Lydia.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Does a lot of drugs.
(d) Drinks a lot of alcohol.
4. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) To avoid entanglement.
(b) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
(c) They never fight.
(d) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
5. Who visits Henry several days later in Chapter 42?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry's first stop in Chapter 7?
2. How does Lydia find out about Henry's affair with Nicole?
3. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
4. How does Henry feel about camping?
5. What does Henry try to do the night after Laura leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
2. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
3. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
4. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
5. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
6. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
7. Where does Henry go in Chapter 7, why, and what happens on his way there?
8. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
9. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
10. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)