|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
2. Who does Mindy stay with after Lydia finds her in Henry's apartment?
(c) Her parents.
(d) Bobby and Valerie.
3. What do Henry and Joanna do in the morning when he visits her?
(a) Sleep together, use drugs, and drink.
(b) Go to several poetry readings.
(c) Go out for breakfast.
(d) Fight with each other.
4. What does Lydia do when she finds Mindy in Henry's apartment?
(a) Lydia beats Mindy.
(b) Lydia has a threesome with Henry and Mindy.
(c) Lydia refuses to see Henry ever again.
(d) Lydia starts crying.
5. What do Lydia and her sisters discuss that disgusts Henry in Chapter 30?
(b) Sexual intercourse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to visit Henry the day after his one night stand in Chapter 34?
2. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
3. What does Lydia pay close attention to when she and Henry go to the beach in Chapter 5?
4. What excuse does Henry use to continue sleeping with Nicole in Chapter 23?
5. Who tells Henry that she has a yeast infection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
2. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
3. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
4. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
5. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
6. Describe Arlene and Tammie.
7. What does Henry tell Tammie in Chapter 57, how does she respond, and how is the issue resolved?
8. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
9. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
10. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)