|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Resume their relationship.
(b) Get married immediately.
(c) Have her killed.
(d) Forget all about her.
2. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
(d) North of Los Angeles.
3. How does Lydia find out about Henry's affair with Nicole?
(a) She follows him to Nicole's apartment.
(b) He tells her about it.
(c) Nicole writes to her and tells her.
(d) She does not find out about Henry's affair with Nicole.
4. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) They never fight.
(b) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
(c) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
(d) To avoid entanglement.
5. Why does Henry help Lydia obtain a unit in his apartment complex?
(a) Because he loves her and wants her to be comfortable.
(b) Because she was evicted from her apartment.
(c) Because it is a cheaper apartment.
(d) Because she wants to be closer to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's visitor do almost immediately upon arrival at his apartment in Chapter 35?
2. Where is Henry's next reading?
3. What happens when Henry takes a walk without Lydia or her sisters in Chapter 30?
4. What causes the car crash in Chapter 7?
5. When does Henry visit Nicole in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
2. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
3. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
4. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
5. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
6. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
7. Describe Lilly.
8. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
9. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
10. What does Henry tell Tammie in Chapter 57, how does she respond, and how is the issue resolved?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)