|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia react to the other men at the magazine's collation party in Chapter 4?
(a) She thinks Henry is more attractive.
(b) She flirts with them.
(c) She sleeps with them.
(d) She leaves with them.
2. What does Nicole compare Henry's poetry to?
(a) A sledgehammer.
(c) A jackhammer.
(d) A screw.
3. Where is Henry's first stop in Chapter 7?
(b) New York City.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) Galveston, Texas.
4. In Chapter 8, why does Henry's sponsor say that Henry can have his pick of any girl in the crowd?
(a) Because the girls are all prostitutes.
(b) Due to Henry's wealth.
(c) Due to Southern hospitality.
(d) Because he is so attractive.
5. What does Lydia pay close attention to when she and Henry go to the beach in Chapter 5?
(a) Her bathing suit.
(b) The birds in the sky.
(c) The beautiful ocean waves.
(d) The younger, healthier men in bathing suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Henry visit Nicole in Chapter 21?
2. Who arrives as Henry returns to his apartment with Bobby's wife?
3. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
4. What does Henry do after his reading in Chapter 7?
5. What does Lydia smash when she fights with Henry in his apartment after his affair in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
2. Where do Henry and Lydia go in Chapter 5, and what happens?
3. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
4. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
5. Describe Henry's interactions with the prostitutes in Chapter 96.
6. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
7. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
8. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
9. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
10. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)