|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Henry visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Galveston, Texas.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
2. Who tells Henry that she has a yeast infection?
3. Why does Henry agree to Tammie's request after his return from Galveston?
(a) Because his editor agrees to pay for Tammie's expenses.
(b) Because Tammie cries and begs.
(c) Because he missed her while he was away.
(d) Henry does not agree to Tammie's request.
4. How does Henry feel about camping?
(a) He despises it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He wants to move to a rural area.
(d) He does not go camping.
5. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Because Lydia flirts with younger men at a party.
(b) Because Lydia has cheats on Henry with someone else.
(c) Because Henry cheats on Lydia with someone else.
(d) They do not argue in Chapter 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance is Henry addicted to?
2. How does Henry meet Nicole?
3. How does Lydia find out about Henry's affair with Nicole?
4. Who does Henry arrange to visit at the end of Chapter 53?
5. What excuse does Henry use to continue sleeping with Nicole in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
2. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
3. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
4. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
5. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
6. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
7. Describe Arlene and Tammie.
8. Where does Henry go in Chapter 30, and what happens there?
9. Where do Henry and Lydia go in Chapter 5, and what happens?
10. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)