|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
(a) Return to his apartment.
(b) Reunite with Lydia.
(c) Sleep with Lydia.
(d) Press charges.
2. What city does Henry visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Galveston, Texas.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
3. How does Lydia find out about Henry's affair with Nicole?
(a) He tells her about it.
(b) She follows him to Nicole's apartment.
(c) Nicole writes to her and tells her.
(d) She does not find out about Henry's affair with Nicole.
4. What do Henry and Joanna do in the morning when he visits her?
(a) Sleep together, use drugs, and drink.
(b) Go out for breakfast.
(c) Fight with each other.
(d) Go to several poetry readings.
5. Who does Lydia say is the father of the child she is currently carrying?
(b) She does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry demand when he knocks on the dormitory doors in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Lydia tell Henry that she cheated on him with in Chapter 15?
3. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
4. Where does Henry tell Tammie that he is going in Chapter 57?
5. What position does Henry hold at a small, local magazine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lilly.
2. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
3. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
4. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
5. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapter 25, and what is their fight about?
6. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
7. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
8. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
10. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)