|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
(a) Los Vegas, Nevada.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Muleshead, Utah.
(d) New York City, New York.
2. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
(a) Little Jack, Lydia's husband.
(b) Linda, Lydia's sister.
(c) Lisa, Lydia's daughter.
(d) Bobby, Lydia's son.
3. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
(a) At his first poetry reading.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At his apartment.
4. How does Henry feel about camping?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He despises it.
(c) He does not go camping.
(d) He wants to move to a rural area.
5. What position does Henry hold at a small, local magazine?
(d) Assistant editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to visit Henry the day after his one night stand in Chapter 34?
2. What is the name of Bobby's wife?
3. How does Henry feel the night after Laura leaves?
4. Who picks Henry up from the airport in the beginning of Chapter 54?
5. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
2. Describe Arlene and Tammie.
3. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
4. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
5. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
6. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
7. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
8. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
9. Where do Henry and Lydia go in Chapter 5, and what happens?
10. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)