|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Henry hold at a small, local magazine?
(a) Assistant editor.
2. What does Lydia smash when she fights with Henry in his apartment after his affair in Chapter 12?
(a) Henry's windshield.
(b) His alcohol.
(c) The sculpture of Henry's head.
(d) Henry's face.
3. Who visits Henry several days later in Chapter 42?
4. Who does Henry hitch a ride with after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(a) A beer dealer.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A beautiful woman.
5. Where does Lydia call Henry from in Chapter 45?
(a) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tammie beg to do after Henry returns from Galveston?
2. Who picks Henry up from the airport at his first stop in Chapter 7?
3. Who picks Henry up from the airport when he returns to Los Angeles in Chapter 32?
4. Why does Henry agree to Tammie's request after his return from Galveston?
5. What does Lydia do when she finds Mindy in Henry's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Henry and Dee Dee Bronson in Chapters 17 through 20?
2. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
3. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
4. Describe Lilly.
5. Describe Arlene and Tammie.
6. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
7. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
8. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
9. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
10. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)