|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry help Lydia obtain a unit in his apartment complex?
(a) Because he loves her and wants her to be comfortable.
(b) Because she wants to be closer to him.
(c) Because she was evicted from her apartment.
(d) Because it is a cheaper apartment.
2. Why does Henry get angry at Joanna in Chapter 56?
(a) For sleeping with someone else.
(b) For getting drunk without him.
(c) For leaving him alone for hours.
(d) For sneaking up on him.
3. What does Nicole compare Henry's poetry to?
(a) A screw.
(b) A sledgehammer.
(d) A jackhammer.
4. Where does Henry tell Tammie that he is going in Chapter 57?
(c) New York City.
5. What does Henry try to do the night after Laura leaves?
(b) Sleep with Valerie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Arlene and Tammie?
2. How does Tammie react to Henry's absence in Chapter 57?
3. Where is Henry's next reading?
4. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
5. What does Henry do after his reading in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
2. What happens at the party in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
4. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapter 25, and what is their fight about?
5. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
6. Describe Henry's encounter in Chapter 10.
7. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
8. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
9. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
10. What does Lydia do in Chapter 46, and how does Henry react?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)