|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
(a) Sleep with Lydia.
(b) Reunite with Lydia.
(c) Press charges.
(d) Return to his apartment.
2. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
(a) Her children.
(b) Henry's head.
(c) A heart.
(d) Henry's body.
3. How do Henry and Tammie celebrate their impending trip?
(a) By going to dinner.
(b) By fighting.
(c) By getting drunk.
(d) By sleeping together.
4. Who does Henry hitch a ride with after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A beer dealer.
(d) A beautiful woman.
5. What does Henry try to do the night after Laura leaves?
(c) Sleep with Valerie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tammie's daughter?
2. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
3. Where is Henry taken on vacation by his new lover in Chapter 19?
4. In Chapter 8, why does Henry's sponsor say that Henry can have his pick of any girl in the crowd?
5. What does Henry do in the evening during his visit in Chapter 56?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Arlene and Tammie.
2. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapters 11 through 15?
3. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
4. Where do Henry and Lydia go in Chapter 5, and what happens?
5. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapter 25, and what is their fight about?
6. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
7. Where does Henry go in Chapter 30, and what happens there?
8. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
9. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
10. According to Chapters 36 through 38, how do Henry and Laura feel about each other?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)