|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Henry stay with Joanna?
(a) About a week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Nearly two weeks.
(d) Almost a month.
2. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
(a) Los Vegas, Nevada.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Muleshead, Utah.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
3. Where is Henry taken on vacation by his new lover in Chapter 19?
(b) New York City.
(c) Manhattan Beach.
4. Where does Lydia call Henry from in Chapter 45?
(a) San Francisco.
5. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Because Lydia has cheats on Henry with someone else.
(b) Because Henry cheats on Lydia with someone else.
(c) Because Lydia flirts with younger men at a party.
(d) They do not argue in Chapter 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
2. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
3. What does Henry do on the first night of his visit in Chapter 54?
4. What substance is Henry addicted to?
5. What is the name of the woman that Henry sleeps with after his reading in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry do in Chapter 33, and how does Laura react in Chapter 34?
2. What is Valerie's role in Chapter 9?
3. Where does Henry go in Chapter 30, and what happens there?
4. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
5. Where does Henry go in Chapter 7, why, and what happens on his way there?
6. What does Henry say in Chapter 3 that insults Lydia, and how does she respond?
7. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapter 25, and what is their fight about?
8. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
9. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
10. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)