|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
(d) North of Los Angeles.
2. What does Henry's visitor think about his life after a few days in Chapter 38?
(a) It is interesting and fun.
(b) It is tawdry, unappealing, and insufficient.
(c) It is frightening and worrisome.
(d) It is superficial and gawdy.
3. What does Tammie offer to sell Henry for cash the first day that she meets him?
(c) Her sister.
4. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
(b) Her brother's friend.
5. Why is Henry unable to perform sexually in Chapter 8?
(a) Because he is too tired.
(b) Because he is not attracted to the girl.
(c) Because he is injured.
(d) Because he has had too much liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Henry use to continue sleeping with Nicole in Chapter 23?
2. What does Henry do on the way home from his magazine's collation party?
3. Why does Henry get angry at Joanna in Chapter 56?
4. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
5. What is the name of the woman that Henry sleeps with after his reading in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Henry and Tammie do in Chapter 64, and how does this cause a fight?
2. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
3. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
4. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
5. Describe Arlene and Tammie.
6. How does Henry show that he has changed at the end of the novel?
7. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
8. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
9. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
10. Who is Mindy, and how does Henry meet her?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)