|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
2. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
(a) To visit his family.
(b) To perform readings.
(c) To attend parties.
(d) To earn money.
3. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
(a) At his first poetry reading.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At the beach.
4. Who do Henry and Lydia run into after dropping an article off at a local magazine in Chapter 13?
(b) Dee Dee.
5. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Have her killed.
(b) Get married immediately.
(c) Resume their relationship.
(d) Forget all about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
2. What does Tammie beg to do after Henry returns from Galveston?
3. Why does Henry help Lydia obtain a unit in his apartment complex?
4. What is the name of Bobby's wife?
5. What does Henry try to do the night after Laura leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nicole and Henry view each other in Chapter 21?
2. Where does Henry go in Chapter 54, and why?
3. What does Henry tell Tammie in Chapter 57, how does she respond, and how is the issue resolved?
4. How does Tammie react to Henry's return to Los Angeles in Chapter 57?
5. How does Henry injure himself in Chapter 31, and how does he react?
6. Where does Henry go in Chapter 7, why, and what happens on his way there?
7. Why do Henry and Lydia fight in Chapter 25, and what is their fight about?
8. How does Henry's relationship with Tammie develop?
9. Why does Lydia call Henry in Chapter 45?
10. Describe Henry's interactions with Joanna Dover.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)