|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to commit suicide when their lover decides to discontinue their relationship in Chapter 19?
(a) Dee Dee.
2. What does Lydia leave for Henry when she moves out of his apartment complex?
(a) The sculpture of Henry's head.
(b) Money for rent.
(c) A pair of blue underwear.
(d) Photographs of them together.
3. Where is Henry's next reading?
(a) New York City, New York.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Vancouver, Canada.
4. Who do Henry and Lydia run into after dropping an article off at a local magazine in Chapter 13?
(d) Dee Dee.
5. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
(a) Her brother's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to visit Henry the day after his one night stand in Chapter 34?
2. Where does Henry tell Tammie that he is going in Chapter 57?
3. Why does Henry help Lydia obtain a unit in his apartment complex?
4. Before his next reading, Henry falls into his bed frame; what does he injure?
5. Who does Henry arrange to visit at the end of Chapter 53?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lydia's sister visits in Chapter 22, and why does this cause a fight between Henry and Lydia?
2. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
3. What does Henry do at the college in Chapter 7?
4. Describe Lydia Vance as Henry sees her in Chapter 1.
5. What happens while Henry is in Arkansas in Chapter 8?
6. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
7. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
8. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
9. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
10. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)