|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry unexpectedly encounter at Tammie's apartment when he picks her up for their trip?
2. What happens to Henry on his way home from the airport in Chapter 96?
(a) He is propositioned by a prostitute.
(b) He is arrested because Iris is underage.
(c) He is stalked by Sara.
(d) He gets into a car accident.
3. Where does Liza ask Henry to take her in Chapter 85?
(a) Her friend's house.
(b) The airport.
(c) To work.
4. Who is fairly judgmental in Chapter 96?
5. What does Liza do when she returns to Henry's apartment in Chapter 85?
(a) Pack her bags and prepare to leave.
(b) Clean Henry's apartment.
(c) Sleep with Henry.
(d) Put on a fashion show.
6. Who does Henry watch sleep together in Chapter 96?
(a) Bobby and Tammie.
(b) Lydia and Marvin.
(c) Bobby and Valerie.
(d) Keesing and Cecelia.
7. Why does Cecelia call Henry two weeks after he returns to Los Angeles?
(a) To tell him that Keesing has died.
(b) She does not call him.
(c) To ask him to write a poem for her husband.
(d) To set up a rendezvous.
8. Why is Henry unable to perform sexually in Chapter 87?
(a) He is too drunk.
(b) He is not attracted to his partner.
(c) He is able to perform.
(d) He does not have a partner.
9. Who does Henry have sex with in Chapter 90?
10. What does Tammie do a surprisingly creditable job of in Chapter 67?
(a) Staying sober.
(b) Hiding from the police.
(c) Finding a new partner.
(d) Introducing Henry for a reading.
11. What does Henry tell Debra at the end of Chapter 93 before running away?
(a) That he is leaving her for Sara.
(b) That he would rather sleep with Iris than go to her Thanksgiving party.
(c) That he will not be there for her on Thanksgiving.
(d) That he will be at her Thanksgiving party.
12. Who does Cassie gossip about with Henry in Chapter 88?
(a) Lydia Vance.
(b) William Keesing.
(c) Joanna Dover.
(d) Dee Dee Bronson.
13. How many women does Henry meet at his reading in a local club in Chapter 87?
14. What is Henry asked to write in Chapter 77?
(a) The foreword to an upcoming edition of Keesing's poetry.
(b) Keesing's eulogy.
(c) A new book of poetry.
15. What does the older woman on the plane scold Henry for?
(a) Being an obvious dirty old man.
(b) Sleeping with Tammie in the airplane bathroom.
(c) Drinking a lot.
(d) Doing drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry finally sleep with after Iris leaves?
2. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 93?
3. To whom is Sara a spiritual adherent?
4. Why does Liza leave early in the morning in Chapter 84?
5. Whose literary accomplishments is Henry impressed with in Chapter 74?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)