|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mercedes marry in Chapter 72?
(d) Little Jack.
2. Who does Henry mentally compare Sara to in Chapter 91?
3. Why does Cecelia call Henry two weeks after he returns to Los Angeles?
(a) To tell him that Keesing has died.
(b) To set up a rendezvous.
(c) She does not call him.
(d) To ask him to write a poem for her husband.
4. Who phones Sara's house at the end of Chapter 91 looking for Henry?
5. What is Henry worried about in Chapters 58 through 60?
(a) Missing the flight.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Giving his poetry reading.
(d) Tammie cheating on him.
6. What is Debra planning a party for?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(c) Her birthday.
7. Where does Cecelia stay when she arrives in Los Angeles?
(a) A Hotel.
(b) Lydia's apartment.
(c) Bobby's apartment.
(d) Henry's apartment.
8. What does Tammie do a surprisingly creditable job of in Chapter 67?
(a) Staying sober.
(b) Introducing Henry for a reading.
(c) Finding a new partner.
(d) Hiding from the police.
9. When does Iris decide to visit Henry?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(d) His birthday.
10. What does Henry do about the person he unexpectedly finds at Tammie's apartment?
(a) Beats him up.
(b) Leaves angrily.
(c) Takes her to Tammie's mother's house.
(d) Calls the cops.
11. What does Cecelia interrupt in Chapter 81?
(a) Henry flirting with a girl at the bar.
(b) Henry's drug abuse.
(c) Henry sleeping with Valerie.
(d) Henry sleeping alone.
12. Where does Liza sleep her first night in Los Angeles?
(a) In a hotel room.
(b) On blankets in the front room of Henry's apartment.
(c) In Henry's bed.
(d) In the bathroom because she is drunk.
13. To whom is Sara a spiritual adherent?
(a) Drayer Baba.
(b) Jesus Christ.
14. Why does Tammie fly into a rage in Chapter 67?
(a) Because she is drunk.
(b) Because the check for the reading is not in the amount promised.
(c) Because Henry does a bad job at the poetry reading.
(d) Because Henry beats her.
15. According to Chapter 82, what does Cecelia think about Henry?
(a) She finds him repulsive.
(b) She finds him attractive.
(c) She hates Henry.
(d) She thinks that he is an excellent writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Liza decide to go to Los Angeles for a few days?
2. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 83?
3. What does Henry tell Debra at the end of Chapter 93 before running away?
4. What does Cecelia allow Henry to do in Chapter 80?
5. Who does Henry have sex with in Chapter 90?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)