|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do right before his reading in Chapter 62?
(a) Go shopping with his editor.
(b) Sleep with Tammie.
(c) Do drugs until he passes out.
(d) Vomit several times, then drink.
2. What surprises Henry in Chapter 95 after his violent rendezvous with Iris?
(a) That she slaps him.
(b) That she can stand up and walk to the bathroom.
(c) That she did not enjoy it.
(d) That she falls asleep.
3. Who does Henry ask for advice concerning Debra and Iris in Chapter 93?
4. Who does Cassie gossip about with Henry in Chapter 88?
(a) Dee Dee Bronson.
(b) Lydia Vance.
(c) Joanna Dover.
(d) William Keesing.
5. After leaving Tammie because she angers him, what does Henry do later when she returns to the hotel room?
(a) Verbally abuses her.
(b) Sexually molests her.
(c) She never returns to the hotel room.
(d) Physically beats her.
6. Why does Cecelia rise early in Chapter 81?
(a) To go to the airport.
(b) To watch the sunrise.
(c) Because she misses her husband.
(d) To sleep with Henry.
7. Who looks straight through Henry in Chapter 83?
(a) Cecelia Keesing.
(b) William Keesing.
(c) Lydia Vance.
(d) William Burroughs.
8. How many women does Henry meet at his reading in a local club in Chapter 87?
9. What does Henry do after Liza leaves in the morning in Chapter 85?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Go back to sleep.
(d) Use drugs.
10. What do Tammie and Henry search for as they walk the streets of New York City?
(b) A pharmacy.
(c) A bar.
(d) A prostitute.
11. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 93?
(a) New York City.
12. After Henry buys alcohol and cigarettes in Chapter 96, what does he offer a young black woman for fellatio?
13. What do Henry and Sara fight about in Chapter 92?
(a) Cooking breakfast.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Sleeping together.
(d) The stereo being too loud.
14. Why is Henry unable to perform sexually in Chapter 87?
(a) He is not attracted to his partner.
(b) He is too drunk.
(c) He is able to perform.
(d) He does not have a partner.
15. Who does Henry pick up from the airport in Chapter 94?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is ill in Chapters 74 and 75?
2. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 74?
3. What is the sex between Henry and Liza like in Chapter 85?
4. What does the older woman on the plane scold Henry for?
5. What does Cecelia allow Henry to do in Chapter 80?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)