|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry renege on his deal in Chapter 96?
(a) Tammie catches him.
(b) He gets paranoid.
(c) He does not have any money on him.
(d) He misses Sara.
2. When does Mercedes stop giving Henry fellatio in Chapter 73?
(a) Almost immediately.
(b) Right before he climaxes.
(c) After he climaxes.
(d) When he asks her to stop.
3. What does Debra buy in Chapter 90?
(a) An antique table.
(b) An antique hutch.
(c) Dance costumes.
4. What does Cecelia allow Henry to do in Chapter 80?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Do drugs in front of her.
(d) Take her to the airport.
5. Who does Henry find out that Tammie is sleeping with?
6. Who does Henry ask for advice concerning Debra and Iris in Chapter 93?
7. Who is fairly judgmental in Chapter 96?
8. What do Tammie and Henry search for as they walk the streets of New York City?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A bar.
(c) A pharmacy.
9. What happens to Henry on his way home from the airport in Chapter 96?
(a) He is stalked by Sara.
(b) He gets into a car accident.
(c) He is arrested because Iris is underage.
(d) He is propositioned by a prostitute.
10. Who looks straight through Henry in Chapter 83?
(a) William Keesing.
(b) William Burroughs.
(c) Cecelia Keesing.
(d) Lydia Vance.
11. Why is Mercedes afraid to sleep with Henry in Chapter 72?
(a) She worries about getting pregnant.
(b) She sleeps with Henry; she is not afraid.
(c) Her husband will kill her if she cheats on him.
(d) She does not want to catch a disease.
12. What does Tammie find in the morning in Chapter 64?
(b) Another woman in bed with Henry.
(c) A pair of someone else's panties.
(d) An old prescription.
13. What surprises Henry in Chapter 95 after his violent rendezvous with Iris?
(a) That she slaps him.
(b) That she falls asleep.
(c) That she did not enjoy it.
(d) That she can stand up and walk to the bathroom.
14. What gets stuck in Henry's car in Chapter 71?
(a) A chair.
(b) The sculpture of his head.
(c) A woman.
(d) A large box.
15. Who phones Sara's house at the end of Chapter 91 looking for Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two German girls who stop by Henry's apartment?
2. Who does Henry pick up from the airport in Chapter 94?
3. Where do Henry and Tammie prepare to go in the beginning of Chapter 58?
4. What is Henry worried about in Chapters 58 through 60?
5. Who does Henry telephone at the beginning of Chapter 91?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)