|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry find out that Tammie is sleeping with?
2. What are the names of the two German girls who stop by Henry's apartment?
(a) Sara and Debra.
(b) Hilda and Gertrude.
(c) Arlene and Tammie.
(d) Valerie and Jemma.
3. What astounds Henry in Chapter 69?
(a) That Lydia has returned to his apartment.
(b) That Mercedes does not remember sleeping with him the previous night.
(c) That he cannot find Tammie.
(d) That all of his alcohol is missing.
4. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 83?
(b) New York City.
(d) North of Los Angeles.
5. Where do Henry, Cecelia, Bobby and Valerie vacation in Chapter 79?
(c) New York City.
(d) Manhattan Beach.
6. How many women does Henry meet at his reading in a local club in Chapter 87?
7. What does Tammie do a surprisingly creditable job of in Chapter 67?
(a) Hiding from the police.
(b) Finding a new partner.
(c) Introducing Henry for a reading.
(d) Staying sober.
8. Who does Henry sleep with in Chapter 97?
9. Where do Henry and Tammie prepare to go in the beginning of Chapter 58?
(a) New York City.
10. What gets stuck in Henry's car in Chapter 71?
(a) A large box.
(b) A chair.
(c) The sculpture of his head.
(d) A woman.
11. What does Henry do about the person he unexpectedly finds at Tammie's apartment?
(a) Leaves angrily.
(b) Takes her to Tammie's mother's house.
(c) Beats him up.
(d) Calls the cops.
12. Why does Liza decide to go to Los Angeles for a few days?
(a) To visit Henry.
(b) To buy drugs.
(c) To find a new job.
(d) To buy costumes for her dance studio.
13. Who is fairly judgmental in Chapter 96?
14. Why is Tammie delayed for the reading in Chapter 62?
(a) Tammie is not delayed for the reading.
(b) Because she and Henry slept together, so she needs a shower.
(c) Because she is so drunk and high on drugs.
(d) Because she cannot decide how to wear her hair.
15. What is Debra planning a party for?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry have sex with after his reading in Chapter 93?
2. To whom is Sara a spiritual adherent?
3. What does the older woman on the plane scold Henry for?
4. What is the name of Sara's health food cafe?
5. Who does Henry telephone at the beginning of Chapter 91?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)