|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Liza sleep her first night in Los Angeles?
(a) On blankets in the front room of Henry's apartment.
(b) In a hotel room.
(c) In Henry's bed.
(d) In the bathroom because she is drunk.
2. What does Tammie do on the flight?
(a) Sleeps with Henry in the airplane bathroom.
(b) Gets really scared and asks to get off the plane.
(c) Argues with Henry.
(d) Puts on makeup and practice facial poses in the mirror.
3. What surprises Henry in Chapter 95 after his violent rendezvous with Iris?
(a) That she did not enjoy it.
(b) That she can stand up and walk to the bathroom.
(c) That she slaps him.
(d) That she falls asleep.
4. What happens to Henry on his way home from the airport in Chapter 96?
(a) He is propositioned by a prostitute.
(b) He is stalked by Sara.
(c) He is arrested because Iris is underage.
(d) He gets into a car accident.
5. Who does Henry have sex with after his reading in Chapter 93?
(a) Iris Duarte.
(b) Lydia Vance.
(c) Dee Dee Bronson.
(d) Joanna Dover.
6. What does Cecelia interrupt in Chapter 81?
(a) Henry sleeping with Valerie.
(b) Henry sleeping alone.
(c) Henry's drug abuse.
(d) Henry flirting with a girl at the bar.
7. What astounds Henry in Chapter 69?
(a) That Mercedes does not remember sleeping with him the previous night.
(b) That Lydia has returned to his apartment.
(c) That all of his alcohol is missing.
(d) That he cannot find Tammie.
8. Who is fairly judgmental in Chapter 96?
9. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 83?
(b) North of Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
10. When does Iris decide to visit Henry?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(c) His birthday.
11. Why does Liza leave early in the morning in Chapter 84?
(a) To buy a gift for Henry.
(b) To return home.
(c) To purchase costumes.
(d) To bring Henry breakfast in bed.
12. Who looks straight through Henry in Chapter 83?
(a) William Burroughs.
(b) Cecelia Keesing.
(c) William Keesing.
(d) Lydia Vance.
13. Why does Henry renege on his deal in Chapter 96?
(a) He gets paranoid.
(b) Tammie catches him.
(c) He misses Sara.
(d) He does not have any money on him.
14. What gets stuck in Henry's car in Chapter 71?
(a) A woman.
(b) A large box.
(c) A chair.
(d) The sculpture of his head.
15. Why is Henry's sex partner in Chapter 90 worried about maintaining secrecy of their encounter?
(a) She does not want her husband to find out.
(b) She does not want to maintain secrecy.
(c) She is afraid that she will be fired if Debra finds out.
(d) She wants to continue the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Debra at the end of Chapter 93 before running away?
2. What is the sex between Henry and Liza like in Chapter 85?
3. Why does Liza decide to go to Los Angeles for a few days?
4. What does Tammie find in the morning in Chapter 64?
5. What does Cecelia allow Henry to do in Chapter 80?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)