|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
(a) Because he needs a vacation.
(b) To meet her family.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) To calm Lydia's fears.
2. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
(b) Her brother's friend.
3. Who are Arlene and Tammie?
(a) Lydia's sisters.
(b) Pornographic film producers.
(c) The sisters who want to meet Henry.
(d) Editors for Henry's new book.
4. How does Lydia find out about Henry's affair with Nicole?
(a) She does not find out about Henry's affair with Nicole.
(b) Nicole writes to her and tells her.
(c) He tells her about it.
(d) She follows him to Nicole's apartment.
5. What does Henry do on the way home from his magazine's collation party?
(d) Pass out.
6. What does Lydia leave for Henry when she moves out of his apartment complex?
(a) The sculpture of Henry's head.
(b) Money for rent.
(c) Photographs of them together.
(d) A pair of blue underwear.
7. Who does Lydia say is the father of the child she is currently carrying?
(c) She does not know.
8. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
(a) Little Jack, Lydia's husband.
(b) Bobby, Lydia's son.
(c) Linda, Lydia's sister.
(d) Lisa, Lydia's daughter.
9. Where does Henry go after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(b) Local college for his reading.
(d) Bar to get drunk.
10. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) They never fight.
(b) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
(c) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
(d) To avoid entanglement.
11. How do Henry and Tammie celebrate their impending trip?
(a) By getting drunk.
(b) By fighting.
(c) By sleeping together.
(d) By going to dinner.
12. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At his first poetry reading.
(d) At his apartment.
13. What do Lydia and her sisters discuss that disgusts Henry in Chapter 30?
(d) Sexual intercourse.
14. What is the name of Tammie's daughter?
15. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
2. Why does Henry get angry at Joanna in Chapter 56?
3. What does Tammie offer to sell Henry for cash the first day that she meets him?
4. How does Henry feel about camping?
5. Who does Henry select to leave with from the crowd in Chapter 8?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)