|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry purchase the third time that Tammie visits him?
(b) A new mattress.
(c) Tammie's body.
2. How does Tammie react to Henry's absence in Chapter 57?
(a) She misses him a lot.
(b) She is gone when Henry returns to Los Angeles.
(c) She does not seem to notice that he has been gone.
(d) She is angry that he left without telling her.
3. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
(a) Linda, Lydia's sister.
(b) Little Jack, Lydia's husband.
(c) Bobby, Lydia's son.
(d) Lisa, Lydia's daughter.
4. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
(a) Her brother's friend.
5. Where is Henry's next reading?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Vancouver, Canada.
(d) New York City, New York.
6. What substance is Henry addicted to?
7. Who does Lydia tell Henry that she cheated on him with in Chapter 15?
(a) William Keesing.
(d) Her ex-husband.
8. Who arrives as Henry returns to his apartment with Bobby's wife?
9. What does Nicole compare Henry's poetry to?
(a) A jackhammer.
(b) A sledgehammer.
(d) A screw.
10. Where does Henry tell Tammie that he is going in Chapter 57?
(d) New York City.
11. What does Tammie offer to sell Henry for cash the first day that she meets him?
(a) Her sister.
12. Who tells Henry that she has a yeast infection?
13. Who visits Henry several days later in Chapter 42?
14. How long does Henry stay with Joanna?
(a) About a week.
(b) Nearly two weeks.
(c) Almost a month.
(d) Three days.
15. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At his first poetry reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do on the way home from his magazine's collation party?
2. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
3. What causes the car crash in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
5. What is the name of the woman that Henry sleeps with after his reading in Chapter 31?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)