|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
(a) To calm Lydia's fears.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) To meet her family.
(d) Because he needs a vacation.
2. Why does Henry agree to Tammie's request after his return from Galveston?
(a) Because he missed her while he was away.
(b) Because Tammie cries and begs.
(c) Henry does not agree to Tammie's request.
(d) Because his editor agrees to pay for Tammie's expenses.
3. When her sister from Utah visits in Chapter 22, who does Lydia introduce her to?
4. How does Tammie react to Henry's absence in Chapter 57?
(a) She is angry that he left without telling her.
(b) She misses him a lot.
(c) She is gone when Henry returns to Los Angeles.
(d) She does not seem to notice that he has been gone.
5. What does Henry accuse Lydia of being before Mindy arrives?
(b) Clingy and needy.
(d) Stupid and ugly.
6. Before his next reading, Henry falls into his bed frame; what does he injure?
(a) His chest.
(b) His arm.
(c) His head.
(d) His leg.
7. Who do Henry and Lydia run into after dropping an article off at a local magazine in Chapter 13?
(b) Dee Dee.
8. What excuse does Henry use to continue sleeping with Nicole in Chapter 23?
(a) Poetry readings.
(b) Visiting the supermarket.
(c) Going to work at the magazine.
(d) Lydia is not fulfilling his needs.
9. What does Henry try to do the night after Laura leaves?
(c) Sleep with Valerie.
10. Who tells Henry that she has a yeast infection?
11. Who decides to visit Henry the day after his one night stand in Chapter 34?
(a) Lydia Vance.
(b) Laura Stanley.
(c) Dee Dee Bronson.
(d) Joanna Dover.
12. How do Henry and Tammie celebrate their impending trip?
(a) By fighting.
(b) By going to dinner.
(c) By sleeping together.
(d) By getting drunk.
13. What substance is Henry addicted to?
14. Where is Henry's next reading?
(a) Houston, Texas.
(b) Vancouver, Canada.
(c) New York City, New York.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
15. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
(a) To visit his family.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To perform readings.
(d) To attend parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry go after the car crash in Chapter 7?
2. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
3. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
4. What do Henry and Lydia fight about after Lydia introduces her sister to Henry's friend?
5. What does Henry do on the way home from his magazine's collation party?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)