|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because he needs a vacation.
(c) To calm Lydia's fears.
(d) To meet her family.
2. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
(a) Henry's head.
(b) A heart.
(c) Her children.
(d) Henry's body.
3. What does Henry's visitor do almost immediately upon arrival at his apartment in Chapter 35?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Clean the apartment.
(c) Climb into Henry's bed.
(d) Start drinking.
4. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
(a) To visit his family.
(b) To perform readings.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To attend parties.
5. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
(b) They never fight.
(c) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
(d) To avoid entanglement.
6. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
(a) Lydia Vance.
(b) Laura Stanley.
(c) Dee Dee Bronson.
(d) Joanna Dover.
7. Where does Henry tell Tammie that he is going in Chapter 57?
(d) New York City.
8. How long does Henry stay with Joanna?
(a) Almost a month.
(b) Nearly two weeks.
(c) About a week.
(d) Three days.
9. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
(a) Sleep with Lydia.
(b) Return to his apartment.
(c) Press charges.
(d) Reunite with Lydia.
10. How does Henry meet Nicole?
(a) She is a former lover.
(b) She begins to write to him.
(c) They meet at a bar.
(d) They meet at a poetry reading.
11. Who picks Henry up from the airport in the beginning of Chapter 54?
(c) Dee Dee.
12. Who does Henry hitch a ride with after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A beer dealer.
(d) A beautiful woman.
13. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Have her killed.
(b) Get married immediately.
(c) Resume their relationship.
(d) Forget all about her.
14. What does Tammie beg to do after Henry returns from Galveston?
(a) Get drunk and high on drugs.
(b) Let her sister stay with Henry.
(c) Accompany Henry to New York City.
(d) Sleep with Henry.
15. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
2. What does Lydia leave for Henry when she moves out of his apartment complex?
3. Before his next reading, Henry falls into his bed frame; what does he injure?
4. When her sister from Utah visits in Chapter 22, who does Lydia introduce her to?
5. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)