|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to commit suicide when their lover decides to discontinue their relationship in Chapter 19?
(c) Dee Dee.
2. How do Henry and Tammie celebrate their impending trip?
(a) By going to dinner.
(b) By getting drunk.
(c) By sleeping together.
(d) By fighting.
3. What city does Henry visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Galveston, Texas.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) New York City, New York.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
4. Who do Henry and Lydia run into after dropping an article off at a local magazine in Chapter 13?
(a) Dee Dee.
5. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) To avoid entanglement.
(b) They never fight.
(c) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
(d) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
6. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To visit his family.
(c) To perform readings.
(d) To attend parties.
7. Where is Henry's next reading?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Vancouver, Canada.
(c) Houston, Texas.
(d) New York City, New York.
8. What position does Henry hold at a small, local magazine?
(d) Assistant editor.
9. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
(a) Press charges.
(b) Return to his apartment.
(c) Sleep with Lydia.
(d) Reunite with Lydia.
10. Who arrives as Henry returns to his apartment with Bobby's wife?
11. Who are Arlene and Tammie?
(a) Lydia's sisters.
(b) Pornographic film producers.
(c) Editors for Henry's new book.
(d) The sisters who want to meet Henry.
12. What do Henry and Lydia fight about after Lydia introduces her sister to Henry's friend?
(a) Henry coming on to Valerie.
(b) Henry deciding to leave Lydia.
(c) Lydia inviting her sister to stay with them without his permission.
(d) Lydia sleeping with Marvin on a previous occasion.
13. What does Henry Chinaski gain fame as?
(a) A novelist.
(b) A chauvenist.
(c) A mailman.
(d) A poet.
14. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) To calm Lydia's fears.
(c) To meet her family.
(d) Because he needs a vacation.
15. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Get married immediately.
(b) Forget all about her.
(c) Resume their relationship.
(d) Have her killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
2. Where does Lydia call Henry from in Chapter 45?
3. What does Henry do on the first night of his visit in Chapter 54?
4. Before his next reading, Henry falls into his bed frame; what does he injure?
5. How long does Henry stay with Joanna?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)