|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do on the way home from his magazine's collation party?
(c) Pass out.
2. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) To meet her family.
(c) To calm Lydia's fears.
(d) Because he needs a vacation.
3. What does Lydia pay close attention to when she and Henry go to the beach in Chapter 5?
(a) The birds in the sky.
(b) The beautiful ocean waves.
(c) The younger, healthier men in bathing suits.
(d) Her bathing suit.
4. What does Henry do after his reading in Chapter 7?
(a) Drinks a lot of alcohol.
(b) Does a lot of drugs.
(c) Goes home.
(d) Sleeps with Lydia.
5. What happens when Henry takes a walk without Lydia or her sisters in Chapter 30?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) He finds a woman in the woods.
(c) He returns to Los Angeles.
(d) He hides from them.
6. Who does Henry arrange to visit at the end of Chapter 53?
(c) Joanna Dover.
(d) Dee Dee Bronson.
7. What does Lydia leave for Henry when she moves out of his apartment complex?
(a) The sculpture of Henry's head.
(b) Photographs of them together.
(c) Money for rent.
(d) A pair of blue underwear.
8. Who visits Henry several days later in Chapter 42?
9. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Get married immediately.
(b) Resume their relationship.
(c) Have her killed.
(d) Forget all about her.
10. How does Henry meet Nicole?
(a) They meet at a poetry reading.
(b) She is a former lover.
(c) They meet at a bar.
(d) She begins to write to him.
11. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
(a) Press charges.
(b) Sleep with Lydia.
(c) Return to his apartment.
(d) Reunite with Lydia.
12. What does Henry demand when he knocks on the dormitory doors in Chapter 7?
(c) A ride to the airport.
(d) Sexual gratification.
13. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Because Henry cheats on Lydia with someone else.
(b) They do not argue in Chapter 6.
(c) Because Lydia has cheats on Henry with someone else.
(d) Because Lydia flirts with younger men at a party.
14. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
(a) Her children.
(b) Henry's head.
(c) A heart.
(d) Henry's body.
15. Who does Henry select to leave with from the crowd in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks Henry up from the airport in the beginning of Chapter 54?
2. Who are Arlene and Tammie?
3. What substance is Henry addicted to?
4. What does Henry do in the evening during his visit in Chapter 56?
5. Where is Henry's next reading?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)