|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tammie beg to do after Henry returns from Galveston?
(a) Let her sister stay with Henry.
(b) Accompany Henry to New York City.
(c) Sleep with Henry.
(d) Get drunk and high on drugs.
2. What does Henry do on the first night of his visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Pass out.
(b) Go to a dance club.
(c) Sleep with Joanna.
(d) Give a reading.
3. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Because Henry cheats on Lydia with someone else.
(b) Because Lydia has cheats on Henry with someone else.
(c) Because Lydia flirts with younger men at a party.
(d) They do not argue in Chapter 6.
4. How does Henry meet Nicole?
(a) They meet at a poetry reading.
(b) She begins to write to him.
(c) They meet at a bar.
(d) She is a former lover.
5. Where does Henry go after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(b) Local college for his reading.
(c) Bar to get drunk.
6. Who does Lydia say is the father of the child she is currently carrying?
(c) She does not know.
7. Who picks Henry up from the airport at his first stop in Chapter 7?
8. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
(a) Her children.
(b) A heart.
(c) Henry's body.
(d) Henry's head.
9. What excuse does Henry use to continue sleeping with Nicole in Chapter 23?
(a) Visiting the supermarket.
(b) Poetry readings.
(c) Lydia is not fulfilling his needs.
(d) Going to work at the magazine.
10. Who decides to visit Henry the day after his one night stand in Chapter 34?
(a) Joanna Dover.
(b) Lydia Vance.
(c) Dee Dee Bronson.
(d) Laura Stanley.
11. Why does Henry get angry at Joanna in Chapter 56?
(a) For sneaking up on him.
(b) For leaving him alone for hours.
(c) For sleeping with someone else.
(d) For getting drunk without him.
12. What does Henry try to do the night after Laura leaves?
(c) Sleep with Valerie.
13. What do Henry and Lydia fight about after Lydia introduces her sister to Henry's friend?
(a) Henry coming on to Valerie.
(b) Lydia inviting her sister to stay with them without his permission.
(c) Lydia sleeping with Marvin on a previous occasion.
(d) Henry deciding to leave Lydia.
14. Before his next reading, Henry falls into his bed frame; what does he injure?
(a) His chest.
(b) His head.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
15. What does Henry demand when he knocks on the dormitory doors in Chapter 7?
(a) Sexual gratification.
(b) A ride to the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
2. What does Henry's visitor think about his life after a few days in Chapter 38?
3. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
4. What causes the car crash in Chapter 7?
5. How do Henry and Tammie celebrate their impending trip?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)