|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydia smash when she fights with Henry in his apartment after his affair in Chapter 12?
(a) Henry's face.
(b) Henry's windshield.
(c) The sculpture of Henry's head.
(d) His alcohol.
2. Who tells Henry that she has a yeast infection?
3. Where is Henry's next reading?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Vancouver, Canada.
(d) Houston, Texas.
4. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
(a) Return to his apartment.
(b) Sleep with Lydia.
(c) Press charges.
(d) Reunite with Lydia.
5. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
(b) To avoid entanglement.
(c) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
(d) They never fight.
6. What does Tammie offer to sell Henry for cash the first day that she meets him?
(a) Her sister.
7. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
(a) Henry's body.
(b) Henry's head.
(c) Her children.
(d) A heart.
8. Who does Henry arrange to visit at the end of Chapter 53?
(c) Joanna Dover.
(d) Dee Dee Bronson.
9. Where does Henry tell Tammie that he is going in Chapter 57?
(c) New York City.
10. Who picks Henry up from the airport in the beginning of Chapter 54?
(b) Dee Dee.
11. Who picks Henry up from the airport at his first stop in Chapter 7?
12. What does Henry try to do the night after Laura leaves?
(a) Sleep with Valerie.
13. Why does Henry agree to Tammie's request after his return from Galveston?
(a) Because he missed her while he was away.
(b) Henry does not agree to Tammie's request.
(c) Because his editor agrees to pay for Tammie's expenses.
(d) Because Tammie cries and begs.
14. What does Lydia pay close attention to when she and Henry go to the beach in Chapter 5?
(a) The younger, healthier men in bathing suits.
(b) Her bathing suit.
(c) The beautiful ocean waves.
(d) The birds in the sky.
15. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
(a) North of Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tammie react to Henry's absence in Chapter 57?
2. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
3. What do Henry and Lydia fight about after Lydia introduces her sister to Henry's friend?
4. How does Henry feel the night after Laura leaves?
5. Who attempts to commit suicide when their lover decides to discontinue their relationship in Chapter 19?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)