|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry immediately feel about Lydia Vance?
(a) He is attracted to her.
(b) He thinks she is ugly.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He does not notice her.
2. Who tells Henry that she has a yeast infection?
3. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
(a) Lydia Vance.
(b) Joanna Dover.
(c) Dee Dee Bronson.
(d) Laura Stanley.
4. What happens when Henry takes a walk without Lydia or her sisters in Chapter 30?
(a) He finds a woman in the woods.
(b) He returns to Los Angeles.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He hides from them.
5. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) They never fight.
(b) To avoid entanglement.
(c) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
(d) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
6. What city does Henry visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Galveston, Texas.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) New York City, New York.
7. How does Henry feel the night after Laura leaves?
8. What does Henry Chinaski gain fame as?
(a) A novelist.
(b) A chauvenist.
(c) A mailman.
(d) A poet.
9. Who does Lydia say is the father of the child she is currently carrying?
(a) She does not know.
10. Where does Henry go after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(a) Bar to get drunk.
(b) Local college for his reading.
11. Who does Lydia tell Henry that she cheated on him with in Chapter 15?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) William Keesing.
12. What does Lydia smash when she fights with Henry in his apartment after his affair in Chapter 12?
(a) Henry's face.
(b) His alcohol.
(c) Henry's windshield.
(d) The sculpture of Henry's head.
13. Who does Henry hitch a ride with after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(a) A beer dealer.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) A drug dealer.
14. What does Henry do on the way home from his magazine's collation party?
(b) Pass out.
15. How long does Henry stay with Joanna?
(a) Nearly two weeks.
(b) About a week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Almost a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry's visitor do almost immediately upon arrival at his apartment in Chapter 35?
2. In Chapter 8, why does Henry's sponsor say that Henry can have his pick of any girl in the crowd?
3. What excuse does Henry use to continue sleeping with Nicole in Chapter 23?
4. What is the name of Tammie's daughter?
5. What does Henry's visitor think about his life after a few days in Chapter 38?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)