Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
(d) North of Los Angeles.
2. What does Henry's visitor think about his life after a few days in Chapter 38?
(a) It is interesting and fun.
(b) It is tawdry, unappealing, and insufficient.
(c) It is frightening and worrisome.
(d) It is superficial and gawdy.
3. What does Tammie offer to sell Henry for cash the first day that she meets him?
(c) Her sister.
4. With whom does Tammie begin an overt sexual flirtation with in Chapters 49 through 51?
(b) Her brother's friend.
5. Why is Henry unable to perform sexually in Chapter 8?
(a) Because he is too tired.
(b) Because he is not attracted to the girl.
(c) Because he is injured.
(d) Because he has had too much liquor.
6. What excuse does Henry use to continue sleeping with Nicole in Chapter 23?
(a) Visiting the supermarket.
(b) Lydia is not fulfilling his needs.
(c) Poetry readings.
(d) Going to work at the magazine.
7. What does Henry do on the way home from his magazine's collation party?
(c) Pass out.
8. Why does Henry get angry at Joanna in Chapter 56?
(a) For leaving him alone for hours.
(b) For getting drunk without him.
(c) For sleeping with someone else.
(d) For sneaking up on him.
9. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
(a) At his first poetry reading.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At his apartment.
10. What is the name of the woman that Henry sleeps with after his reading in Chapter 31?
(a) Laura Stanley.
(b) Lydia Vance.
(c) Joanna Dover.
(d) Dee Dee Bronson.
11. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
(a) To meet her family.
(b) Because he needs a vacation.
(c) To calm Lydia's fears.
(d) Because he loves her.
12. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
(a) To perform readings.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To visit his family.
(d) To attend parties.
13. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
(b) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
(c) They never fight.
(d) To avoid entanglement.
14. Who tells Henry that she has a yeast infection?
15. Who does Henry select to leave with from the crowd in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
2. What does Henry do after his reading in Chapter 7?
3. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
4. When her sister from Utah visits in Chapter 22, who does Lydia introduce her to?
5. Where does Henry tell Tammie that he is going in Chapter 57?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)