|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henry's first stop in Chapter 7?
(a) Kansas City.
(c) Galveston, Texas.
(d) New York City.
2. Who do Henry and Lydia run into after dropping an article off at a local magazine in Chapter 13?
(a) Dee Dee.
3. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
(a) Joanna Dover.
(b) Lydia Vance.
(c) Dee Dee Bronson.
(d) Laura Stanley.
4. Where is Henry taken on vacation by his new lover in Chapter 19?
(b) Manhattan Beach.
(c) New York City.
5. How does Henry feel about camping?
(a) He despises it.
(b) He does not go camping.
(c) He wants to move to a rural area.
(d) He loves it.
6. What does Lydia pay close attention to when she and Henry go to the beach in Chapter 5?
(a) The beautiful ocean waves.
(b) The birds in the sky.
(c) Her bathing suit.
(d) The younger, healthier men in bathing suits.
7. Why is Henry unable to perform sexually in Chapter 8?
(a) Because he is injured.
(b) Because he is not attracted to the girl.
(c) Because he is too tired.
(d) Because he has had too much liquor.
8. What substance is Henry addicted to?
9. What does Henry try to do the night after Laura leaves?
(b) Sleep with Valerie.
10. Why does Henry agree to Tammie's request after his return from Galveston?
(a) Because his editor agrees to pay for Tammie's expenses.
(b) Because he missed her while he was away.
(c) Because Tammie cries and begs.
(d) Henry does not agree to Tammie's request.
11. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
(c) North of Los Angeles.
12. What does Henry do after his reading in Chapter 7?
(a) Does a lot of drugs.
(b) Sleeps with Lydia.
(c) Goes home.
(d) Drinks a lot of alcohol.
13. Where does Henry go after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(a) Local college for his reading.
(b) Bar to get drunk.
14. What city does Henry visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Galveston, Texas.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) New York City, New York.
15. What happens when Henry takes a walk without Lydia or her sisters in Chapter 30?
(a) He returns to Los Angeles.
(b) He hides from them.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He finds a woman in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts to commit suicide when their lover decides to discontinue their relationship in Chapter 19?
2. How does Henry immediately feel about Lydia Vance?
3. When does Henry visit Nicole in Chapter 21?
4. What does Lydia smash when she fights with Henry in his apartment after his affair in Chapter 12?
5. Where does Lydia call Henry from in Chapter 45?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)