|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry hitch a ride with after the car crash in Chapter 7?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) A beer dealer.
2. In Chapter 8, why does Henry's sponsor say that Henry can have his pick of any girl in the crowd?
(a) Because he is so attractive.
(b) Due to Southern hospitality.
(c) Because the girls are all prostitutes.
(d) Due to Henry's wealth.
3. What city does Henry visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Galveston, Texas.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
4. How do Henry and Tammie celebrate their impending trip?
(a) By fighting.
(b) By sleeping together.
(c) By getting drunk.
(d) By going to dinner.
5. What does Henry do on the way home from his magazine's collation party?
(d) Pass out.
6. What does Henry do in the evening during his visit in Chapter 56?
(a) Give a poetry reading.
(b) Sleep with multiple partners.
(d) Get drunk.
7. Who does Henry call after Lydia leaves him in Chapter 16?
(c) Dee Dee.
8. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
(a) To visit his family.
(b) To perform readings.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To attend parties.
9. Who do Henry and Lydia run into after dropping an article off at a local magazine in Chapter 13?
(a) Dee Dee.
10. How long does Henry stay with Joanna?
(a) Almost a month.
(b) Nearly two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) About a week.
11. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) They never fight.
(b) To avoid entanglement.
(c) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
(d) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
12. What does Henry do on the first night of his visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Give a reading.
(b) Go to a dance club.
(c) Sleep with Joanna.
(d) Pass out.
13. Who picks Henry up from the airport at his first stop in Chapter 7?
14. How does Tammie react to Henry's absence in Chapter 57?
(a) She is gone when Henry returns to Los Angeles.
(b) She misses him a lot.
(c) She is angry that he left without telling her.
(d) She does not seem to notice that he has been gone.
15. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
(a) Because he needs a vacation.
(b) To calm Lydia's fears.
(c) To meet her family.
(d) Because he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Chinaski gain fame as?
2. What is the name of Bobby's wife?
3. Who are Arlene and Tammie?
4. Who picks Henry up from the airport when he returns to Los Angeles in Chapter 32?
5. What does Tammie beg to do after Henry returns from Galveston?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)