|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lydia tell Henry that she cheated on him with in Chapter 15?
(b) William Keesing.
(d) Her ex-husband.
2. Why is Henry unable to perform sexually in Chapter 8?
(a) Because he is not attracted to the girl.
(b) Because he has had too much liquor.
(c) Because he is too tired.
(d) Because he is injured.
3. What is the name of the woman that Henry sleeps with after his reading in Chapter 31?
(a) Dee Dee Bronson.
(b) Laura Stanley.
(c) Joanna Dover.
(d) Lydia Vance.
4. What does Henry do after his reading in Chapter 7?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Sleeps with Lydia.
(c) Does a lot of drugs.
(d) Drinks a lot of alcohol.
5. How does Lydia find out about Henry's affair with Nicole?
(a) He tells her about it.
(b) Nicole writes to her and tells her.
(c) She follows him to Nicole's apartment.
(d) She does not find out about Henry's affair with Nicole.
6. What does Henry's visitor think about his life after a few days in Chapter 38?
(a) It is superficial and gawdy.
(b) It is tawdry, unappealing, and insufficient.
(c) It is frightening and worrisome.
(d) It is interesting and fun.
7. In Chapter 8, why does Henry's sponsor say that Henry can have his pick of any girl in the crowd?
(a) Due to Southern hospitality.
(b) Because the girls are all prostitutes.
(c) Due to Henry's wealth.
(d) Because he is so attractive.
8. Who does Lydia say is the father of the child she is currently carrying?
(d) She does not know.
9. Why does Henry go camping in Muleshead, Utah with Lydia?
(a) To meet her family.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) To calm Lydia's fears.
(d) Because he needs a vacation.
10. How does Henry feel the night after Laura leaves?
11. How long does Henry stay with Joanna?
(a) About a week.
(b) Almost a month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Nearly two weeks.
12. Who are Arlene and Tammie?
(a) Pornographic film producers.
(b) Editors for Henry's new book.
(c) The sisters who want to meet Henry.
(d) Lydia's sisters.
13. What excuse does Henry use to continue sleeping with Nicole in Chapter 23?
(a) Lydia is not fulfilling his needs.
(b) Visiting the supermarket.
(c) Going to work at the magazine.
(d) Poetry readings.
14. Why does Henry help Lydia obtain a unit in his apartment complex?
(a) Because it is a cheaper apartment.
(b) Because he loves her and wants her to be comfortable.
(c) Because she wants to be closer to him.
(d) Because she was evicted from her apartment.
15. Where does Lydia call Henry from in Chapter 45?
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
2. What does Lydia leave for Henry when she moves out of his apartment complex?
3. What does Tammie offer to sell Henry for cash the first day that she meets him?
4. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
5. What does Henry do on the way home from his magazine's collation party?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)