|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henry's next reading?
(a) New York City, New York.
(b) Vancouver, Canada.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Houston, Texas.
2. Who do Henry and Lydia run into after dropping an article off at a local magazine in Chapter 13?
(b) Dee Dee.
3. Where does Lydia call Henry from in Chapter 45?
(d) San Francisco.
4. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
(a) Lydia Vance.
(b) Dee Dee Bronson.
(c) Joanna Dover.
(d) Laura Stanley.
5. What does Henry do in the evening during his visit in Chapter 56?
(a) Sleep with multiple partners.
(b) Give a poetry reading.
(c) Get drunk.
6. When her sister from Utah visits in Chapter 22, who does Lydia introduce her to?
7. What city does Henry visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Galveston, Texas.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
8. Who does Mindy stay with after Lydia finds her in Henry's apartment?
(b) Her parents.
(c) Bobby and Valerie.
9. What happens when Henry takes a walk without Lydia or her sisters in Chapter 30?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) He finds a woman in the woods.
(c) He returns to Los Angeles.
(d) He hides from them.
10. Who begins to write Henry from New York in Chapter 24?
11. Who does Henry call after Lydia leaves him in Chapter 16?
(c) Dee Dee.
12. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Los Vegas, Nevada.
(c) Muleshead, Utah.
(d) New York City, New York.
13. Before his next reading, Henry falls into his bed frame; what does he injure?
(a) His chest.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
14. What does Henry Chinaski gain fame as?
(a) A mailman.
(b) A chauvenist.
(c) A novelist.
(d) A poet.
15. How does Henry feel the night after Laura leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry select to leave with from the crowd in Chapter 8?
2. What causes the car crash in Chapter 7?
3. How does Henry meet Nicole?
4. What does Lydia pay close attention to when she and Henry go to the beach in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Henry tell Tammie that he is going in Chapter 57?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)