|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
(a) New York City, New York.
(b) Los Vegas, Nevada.
(c) Muleshead, Utah.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
2. Who does Henry arrange to visit at the end of Chapter 53?
(a) Joanna Dover.
(b) Dee Dee Bronson.
3. What does Henry do on the first night of his visit in Chapter 54?
(a) Sleep with Joanna.
(b) Give a reading.
(c) Pass out.
(d) Go to a dance club.
4. What does Lydia do when she finds Mindy in Henry's apartment?
(a) Lydia has a threesome with Henry and Mindy.
(b) Lydia refuses to see Henry ever again.
(c) Lydia beats Mindy.
(d) Lydia starts crying.
5. Who attempts to commit suicide when their lover decides to discontinue their relationship in Chapter 19?
(a) Dee Dee.
6. Who does Lydia say is the father of the child she is currently carrying?
(b) She does not know.
7. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
(a) Bobby, Lydia's son.
(b) Linda, Lydia's sister.
(c) Lisa, Lydia's daughter.
(d) Little Jack, Lydia's husband.
8. What does Tammie beg to do after Henry returns from Galveston?
(a) Let her sister stay with Henry.
(b) Get drunk and high on drugs.
(c) Accompany Henry to New York City.
(d) Sleep with Henry.
9. What substance is Henry addicted to?
10. Why does Henry start a fight with Lydia right before his new-found friend arrives from New York?
(a) To avoid entanglement.
(b) They never fight.
(c) Because she refuses to have sex with him.
(d) To decide who will pick Henry's friend up from the airport.
11. Why does Henry agree to Tammie's request after his return from Galveston?
(a) Because he missed her while he was away.
(b) Because his editor agrees to pay for Tammie's expenses.
(c) Because Tammie cries and begs.
(d) Henry does not agree to Tammie's request.
12. Where does Henry tell Tammie that he is going in Chapter 57?
(a) New York City.
13. What does Henry do after his reading in Chapter 7?
(a) Sleeps with Lydia.
(b) Does a lot of drugs.
(c) Drinks a lot of alcohol.
(d) Goes home.
14. Who are Arlene and Tammie?
(a) The sisters who want to meet Henry.
(b) Pornographic film producers.
(c) Lydia's sisters.
(d) Editors for Henry's new book.
15. What do Henry and Lydia fight about after Lydia introduces her sister to Henry's friend?
(a) Lydia sleeping with Marvin on a previous occasion.
(b) Lydia inviting her sister to stay with them without his permission.
(c) Henry deciding to leave Lydia.
(d) Henry coming on to Valerie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
2. What does Henry do in the evening during his visit in Chapter 56?
3. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
4. Who does Henry call after Lydia leaves him in Chapter 16?
5. Who decides to visit Henry the day after his one night stand in Chapter 34?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)