|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicole compare Henry's poetry to?
(b) A jackhammer.
(c) A sledgehammer.
(d) A screw.
2. Who attempts to commit suicide when their lover decides to discontinue their relationship in Chapter 19?
(d) Dee Dee.
3. Who arrives as Henry returns to his apartment with Bobby's wife?
4. Where is Henry's reading in Chapter 8?
(d) North of Los Angeles.
5. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
(a) Bobby, Lydia's son.
(b) Linda, Lydia's sister.
(c) Little Jack, Lydia's husband.
(d) Lisa, Lydia's daughter.
6. Before his next reading, Henry falls into his bed frame; what does he injure?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His head.
(d) His chest.
7. What do Henry and Lydia fight about after Lydia introduces her sister to Henry's friend?
(a) Henry coming on to Valerie.
(b) Lydia sleeping with Marvin on a previous occasion.
(c) Lydia inviting her sister to stay with them without his permission.
(d) Henry deciding to leave Lydia.
8. Why does Henry begin to fly around the United States in Chapter 7?
(a) To perform readings.
(b) To visit his family.
(c) To attend parties.
(d) To earn money.
9. Who does Mindy stay with after Lydia finds her in Henry's apartment?
(a) Bobby and Valerie.
(c) Her parents.
10. Why does Henry agree to Tammie's request after his return from Galveston?
(a) Because his editor agrees to pay for Tammie's expenses.
(b) Because Tammie cries and begs.
(c) Because he missed her while he was away.
(d) Henry does not agree to Tammie's request.
11. Who does Henry call after Lydia leaves him in Chapter 16?
(d) Dee Dee.
12. What does Lydia leave for Henry when she moves out of his apartment complex?
(a) The sculpture of Henry's head.
(b) Photographs of them together.
(c) A pair of blue underwear.
(d) Money for rent.
13. Who does Henry sleep with shortly after his return to Los Angeles in Chapter 33?
(a) Dee Dee Bronson.
(b) Joanna Dover.
(c) Laura Stanley.
(d) Lydia Vance.
14. Why does Henry get angry at Joanna in Chapter 56?
(a) For leaving him alone for hours.
(b) For sneaking up on him.
(c) For sleeping with someone else.
(d) For getting drunk without him.
15. Why do Henry and Lydia argue towards the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Because Lydia flirts with younger men at a party.
(b) Because Lydia has cheats on Henry with someone else.
(c) They do not argue in Chapter 6.
(d) Because Henry cheats on Lydia with someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry's next reading?
2. When Lydia calls to tell Henry about her own affair, what does Henry want to do in Chapter 19?
3. What does Henry do after his reading in Chapter 7?
4. When the police arrive after Lydia destroys Henry's property, what does Henry refuse to do?
5. Who does Henry hitch a ride with after the car crash in Chapter 7?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)