Short Answer Key
Chapters 1 through 6
1. What does Henry Chinaski gain fame as?
2. What substance is Henry addicted to?
3. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
At his first poetry reading.
4. How does Henry immediately feel about Lydia Vance?
He is attracted to her.
5. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
6. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
7. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
Lisa, Lydia's daughter.
8. What position does Henry hold at a small, local magazine?
9. How does Lydia react to the other men at the magazine's collation party in Chapter 4?
She flirts with them.
10. What does Lydia pay close attention to when she and Henry go to the beach in Chapter 5?
The younger, healthier men in...
This section contains 2,447 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)