1. What does Henry Chinaski gain fame as?
(a) A novelist.
(b) A poet.
(c) A mailman.
(d) A chauvenist.
2. What substance is Henry addicted to?
3. Where does Henry meet Lydia Vance?
(a) At his first poetry reading.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) At a bar.
4. How does Henry immediately feel about Lydia Vance?
(a) He thinks she is ugly.
(b) He does not notice her.
(c) He is attracted to her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
5. Where is Lydia Vance originally from?
(a) Muleshead, Utah.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Los Vegas, Nevada.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
6. What does Lydia begin to sculpt in clay several days after meeting Henry?
(a) Henry's body.
(b) Henry's head.
(c) A heart.
(d) Her children.
7. Who interrupts the first time that Henry and Lydia attempt to sleep together?
(a) Little Jack, Lydia's husband.
(b) Bobby, Lydia's son.
(c) Lisa, Lydia's daughter.
(d) Linda, Lydia's sister.
8. What position does Henry hold at a small, local magazine?
(c) Assistant editor.
This section contains 4,058 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)