|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baubo is a grown woman's ________ as visualized in the context of the story in this chapter.
2. There is often _________ associated with exposing the shame associated with the events that have been carried by someone.
3. To whom did the wife go in order to find out how to help her husband with his problems?
(a) Baba Yaga.
(b) A healer.
(c) His mother.
(d) Her mother.
4. Many people have subconsciously wondered if they were going to be __________ when a person sneaks up on them.
5. What does the man go off to the native country in order to do, leaving the woman alone in their former home?
(a) Start a business.
(b) Marry another woman.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Live with his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In another story, the woman ends up killing _______________ in order to stop the situation from ending the way it looked like it was ending.
2. Women need to acknowledge and appreciate what the author calls the _____________ of women.
3. When the man and the woman are together, they have a few ___________ which ends up complicating things.
4. Who ends up finding the woman's original skin, the skin she has been missing since her marriage?
5. Many of life's travails, Estes says, follow the pattern of ____________, as life imitates art and art imitates life.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the woman who is portrayed in the story at the start of this section?
2. What was the problem when the husband went off to war and then did not come back for a few years?
3. What does the father do in order to gain material wealth in his life, though it is an accident?
4. What is the relationship between the man and the woman in the story called the Weeping Woman?
5. What does the woman do when she finds the wolf in the trap that has been set by hunters in the area?
6. What does the author explain the seal skin is in the context of this story and in the context of women as a whole?
7. What is the original deal that the man and the special women strike up in order to be together?
8. What does Estes mean by the idea of a double-bind when it comes to secrets kept by women?
9. What are some healthy ways to manage experience and feelings associated with events?
10. How does this image of Baubo relate to the world in terms of speaking and seeing the world?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)