|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For women, many painfully kept secrets seem to include some sort of ____________, often someone did something that has a lot of shame linked to it.
(a) Illegal action.
(b) Double bind.
2. What did the old woman do with the hair once the woman brought it back to her?
(a) Put it in a potion.
(b) Threw it in the fire.
(c) Ate it.
(d) Made the woman eat it.
3. Who ends up finding the woman's original skin, the skin she has been missing since her marriage?
4. When the man came back from his journey away from home, he returned with a number of ____________ problems.
5. What did Demeter run around saying as she sunk further and further into despair?
(b) Leave me.
(c) Where are you.
(d) Die! Die! Die!.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the words which could be used to describe Baubo, as she is portrayed in this story?
2. Estes refers to a woman's natural creative powers as __________ that nourishes the woman and sustains her.
3. Many people have subconsciously wondered if they were going to be __________ when a person sneaks up on them.
4. The information gathered during the activity that the author describes as being done so through silence and _____________.
5. What was the woman instructed to bring back from one wild animal, male or female, in order to help her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this image of Baubo relate to the world in terms of speaking and seeing the world?
2. What does the man inform the woman of as they are having troubles with each other?
3. What are some healthy ways to manage experience and feelings associated with events?
4. What does the author explain the seal skin is in the context of this story and in the context of women as a whole?
5. What does the wolf's eyelash do for the woman when she carries it around with her?
6. What happened to the world when Demeter's depression became destructive?
7. What does the woman do when she finds the wolf in the trap that has been set by hunters in the area?
8. What is the idea that the author introduces to the reader which will make the stories helpful?
9. What is the relationship between the man and the woman in the story called the Weeping Woman?
10. Why was Demeter despondent in the story of herself and her daughter?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)