|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the woman think that she needed to bring back the throat hair to the person who she asked for help?
(a) For a shirt.
(b) For a magic potion.
(c) For a new rug.
(d) For a headdress.
2. There is often _________ associated with exposing the shame associated with the events that have been carried by someone.
3. The wife began to find herself bringing the husband _____________ when he decided to start sleeping outside.
(a) A tent.
(d) A dog.
4. What is the significance of the skin that the person ends up finding for the woman? It is her ________.
(a) Native skin.
(c) True identity.
(d) Dream come true.
5. What will happen after the time period that the man and the woman will live together? She can ____________.
(a) Go home.
(c) Leave her children with him.
(d) Become a full human.
Short Answer Questions
1. The arrangement that the man and the woman make after she finds her skin reflect a/an ____________ assessment of the situation.
2. Estes refers to a woman's natural creative powers as __________ that nourishes the woman and sustains her.
3. Estes suggests telling your secrets or writing them down with a _______________ to help deal with them.
4. What happened as Demeter shouted out and her depression become greater and greater?
5. What part of Baubo's body is able to speak and to converse with others in the story in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the older woman healer do with the hair once the wife returned from her journey with it?
2. What does Estes suggest to the reader as being a helpful way to relieve the shame of holding a secret?
3. Why did the husband begin to sleep outside after he came home from war?
4. How does the woman respond to the actions of her partner when she is told what is to happen?
5. What does the father do in order to gain material wealth in his life, though it is an accident?
6. What are some of the lessons that women can learn from animals in their life?
7. Why was Demeter despondent in the story of herself and her daughter?
8. What are some healthy ways to manage experience and feelings associated with events?
9. What happens when the Weeping Woman ends up at the Gates of Heaven in the story in this section?
10. What happened to the world when Demeter's depression became destructive?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)