|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Estes shares a story about a woman whose husband committed suicide and ____________ began to treat the woman badly.
(a) Their son.
(b) His family.
(c) Her family.
(d) Their daughter.
2. Where does the woman end up looking for the souls of her children, as directed by the saint?
3. How does the woman help the wolf after freeing it from the trap, according to the story in the chapter?
(a) Takes it home.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) Tends to its wound.
(d) Points out the hunters.
4. Estes says that mentally and emotionally, people may suffer from areas where they lack _____________.
5. The reason this person or persons began to treat the woman badly after the suicide of her husband is that they ______________.
(a) Didn't want to cry.
(b) Thought she killed him.
(c) Blamed themselves.
(d) Were angry at God.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl is not __________ to the Devil at all, which helps to keep her safe and sound.
2. The woman was also instructed to bring back a throat hair from the Crescent Moon __________ for her husband's healing.
3. Over time the bear was able to feel __________ enough to enjoy the food offerings from the woman.
4. Estes suggests telling your secrets or writing them down with a _______________ to help deal with them.
5. Who is the daughter of the goddess, the one who is swept away to the Underworld and hidden away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author explain the seal skin is in the context of this story and in the context of women as a whole?
2. What was the problem when the husband went off to war and then did not come back for a few years?
3. What are some healthy ways to manage experience and feelings associated with events?
4. What is the idea that the author introduces to the reader which will make the stories helpful?
5. What is different about the woman who is portrayed in the story at the start of this section?
6. Why did the husband begin to sleep outside after he came home from war?
7. What is happening to the woman over the course of the time she spends with the man?
8. What didn't the parents of the dead husband want to admit to themselves, so they were cruel to the widow?
9. What is so intimidating or anxiety provoking about the shadowing of wolves?
10. How does the woman respond to the actions of her partner when she is told what is to happen?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)