|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people have subconsciously wondered if they were going to be __________ when a person sneaks up on them.
2. The wife continued to make efforts to show her husband __________, and was patient and persistent with him.
(a) Her smile.
(b) The children.
3. Over time the bear was able to feel __________ enough to enjoy the food offerings from the woman.
4. Estes shares a story about a woman whose husband committed suicide and ____________ began to treat the woman badly.
(a) Her family.
(b) Their son.
(c) His family.
(d) Their daughter.
5. Unlike other animals, this woman can transform into a __________ when she is on land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the skin that the person ends up finding for the woman? It is her ________.
2. The ________, or some other symptom, will appear soon or later, sending the woman a message that she needs to return home.
3. What did the old woman do with the hair once the woman brought it back to her?
4. There is often _________ associated with exposing the shame associated with the events that have been carried by someone.
5. What was the woman instructed to bring back from one wild animal, male or female, in order to help her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this image of Baubo relate to the world in terms of speaking and seeing the world?
2. What does Estes mean by the idea of a double-bind when it comes to secrets kept by women?
3. What is the image of Baubo in the story that is chosen for the reader in this chapter?
4. What is the original deal that the man and the special women strike up in order to be together?
5. What happens when the Weeping Woman ends up at the Gates of Heaven in the story in this section?
6. What does the author explain the seal skin is in the context of this story and in the context of women as a whole?
7. What is the idea that the author introduces to the reader which will make the stories helpful?
8. What was the problem when the husband went off to war and then did not come back for a few years?
9. What are some of the lessons that women can learn from animals in their life?
10. What does the father do in order to gain material wealth in his life, though it is an accident?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)