|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An Old Woman alone can find she holds within herself incredible abilities of _________________.
2. Who does the sister cry out to in order to help her escape from the man who seems to have dangerous tendencies?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her father.
3. The author enjoys wolves so much that she thinks they are akin to being her __________ animal.
4. What does the man organize in order to help the sisters get to know him better and to not be afraid of him?
(a) A party with a feast.
(b) A royal ball.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A trip on a boat.
5. What is NOT one of the secret worlds that Estes talks about in the section of the Body in Fairy Tales?
(d) Totem animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man confront in a new way as he realizes that the Skeleton Woman cannot be ignored or left behind?
2. The author talks about how she and a female friend celebrated and healed themselves with a/an _____________ production.
3. The father wanted to be sure the younger people would learn to either _____________ the matter or to follow through.
4. Both the mother and the ___________ want the strange child to be accepted in society and in the family.
5. The problem of the duckling running away is one that affects the entire ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Skeleton Woman as she is being dragged behind the boat of the fisherman?
2. What is wrong with the shoes that the girl receives later on in the story?
3. What do the mother and the duckling both want for the duckling in its life?
4. What is peculiar about the man who is the focal point of the first story in this section?
5. What is the problem with the dog in the story of the man who wants to marry the twin daughters?
6. What are some of the ways in which Estes believes that women's bodies have been attacked?
7. What happens after the duckling decides to run away from his family? How is he saved?
8. What is Vasilisa sent home with in order to help start the fire at the house where she lives with her family?
9. How is the girl who is poor actually someone who is rich, according to the author as the story is told?
10. How does the man eventually learn about the twin daughters that he wants to marry, though he cannot be near them?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)