|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When girls grow up, they receive an enormous education, according to the author, on how to deal with ____________.
2. A true name is something that is often used in families in association with _______________.
(a) Dead relatives.
3. The duckling finds he is treated well with this new group, though it feels ____________ having received such bad treatment in the past.
4. One of the most profound changes in a female's adult life is the discovery of the power of ___________.
5. The father believed the lovers would be able to persevere if they married with the _______________ kind of real love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name of the Wolf Woman, as portrayed in the initial story in this book?
2. Who rescues the duckling from the cold and the ice of the elements when the bird is come upon one day?
3. The author points out some of the ways that ____________ bodies have been under attack by society.
4. Old women with the powers of ______________ are the focus of the Wolf Woman story.
5. People used to fear _____________ as they were an indication of strangeness when they were seen in society.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vasilisa sent home with in order to help start the fire at the house where she lives with her family?
2. What does Estes say about her relationship with the Wild Woman archetype? How was she drawn to the archetype?
3. What do the mother and the duckling both want for the duckling in its life?
4. Who does the girl cry out to when she senses she needs protection from her new husband?
5. What is wrong with the shoes that the girl receives later on in the story?
6. What seems to be the purpose of the father's request in the story of the man, the twins, and the father?
7. What is the overall purpose of the story of La Loba of the American Southwest as Estes explains in the first section?
8. What does the second story of the rabbits with Ezekiel's wheel tell about the relationship between the wisest and transformational experiences?
9. What do the others do when it's clear that one of the eggs in a bunch is not the same as the others?
10. What does the fisherman do when he brings the skeleton into his home and changes his attitude?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)