|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Baubo's body is able to speak and to converse with others in the story in this chapter?
2. The arrangement that the man and the woman make after she finds her skin reflect a/an ____________ assessment of the situation.
3. The ________, or some other symptom, will appear soon or later, sending the woman a message that she needs to return home.
4. A young couple was married before the husband had to go _______________.
(a) To the lands of his family.
(b) To war.
(c) To a retreat.
(d) To work.
5. Women need to acknowledge and appreciate what the author calls the _____________ of women.
6. Estes suggests telling your secrets or writing them down with a _______________ to help deal with them.
(b) Piece of chalk.
(c) Happier ending.
7. The woman asks the wolf, "If I free you, will you ________ me?" And the wolf promises that it will not.
8. The woman is a _______-woman in this story, which makes her unique and different from other women.
9. Estes assures readers that freeing themselves from keeping the wrong sorts of secrets will offer great ___________.
10. Who accidentally sells his/her daughter to the Devil in order to reap financial gain?
11. What does La Lllorona mean when it is roughly translated into English?
(a) Skeleton Woman.
(b) Dying Woman.
(c) Deep Woman.
(d) Weeping Woman.
12. A woman in the story is forced into the __________ by some nascent, innate, and powerful force.
13. What happened as Demeter shouted out and her depression become greater and greater?
(a) The stars blew out.
(b) Summer came.
(c) Winter came.
(d) The winds picked up.
14. The woman feels compassion for the wold as she is not in the position of being a __________.
15. Baubo is a grown woman's ________ as visualized in the context of the story in this chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to return to the home on land in order to live with the father?
2. What was the woman instructed to bring back from one wild animal, male or female, in order to help her husband?
3. Estes says that mentally and emotionally, people may suffer from areas where they lack _____________.
4. The power of Demeter's ___________ released her from the depression that had started to take over.
5. Many people have subconsciously wondered if they were going to be __________ when a person sneaks up on them.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)