|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the God of the Underworld who hides away the daughter from the mother?
2. Estes talks to the readers about rage and about having ________ with it in order to better understand it.
3. Many of life's travails, Estes says, follow the pattern of ____________, as life imitates art and art imitates life.
4. Estes assures readers that freeing themselves from keeping the wrong sorts of secrets will offer great ___________.
5. Estes says that mentally and emotionally, people may suffer from areas where they lack _____________.
6. Who pointed out to this person who sold the daughter away that it was an agreement made with the Devil?
(a) The wife.
(b) The husband.
(c) The King.
(d) The Queen.
7. Estes refers to a woman's natural creative powers as __________ that nourishes the woman and sustains her.
(a) A child.
(b) A river.
(c) A purpose
(d) A light.
8. The main story in this section is about a man who is ______________ and then he finds a woman.
(b) Shopping at the market.
(c) A demon.
(d) A soldier.
9. What will happen after the time period that the man and the woman will live together? She can ____________.
(a) Go home.
(c) Leave her children with him.
(d) Become a full human.
10. What part of Baubo's body is able to speak and to converse with others in the story in this chapter?
11. There is often _________ associated with exposing the shame associated with the events that have been carried by someone.
12. The woman was directed to head for the forest in order to renew her __________ so she could begin again.
13. The man begins to not show that he loves the woman, possibly heavily influenced by a conflict of __________.
14. The information gathered during the activity that the author describes as being done so through silence and _____________.
(c) Predatory instincts.
15. What is one of the words which could be used to describe Baubo, as she is portrayed in this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accidentally sells his/her daughter to the Devil in order to reap financial gain?
2. In this chapter, Estes talks about ____________ and how they can affect peoples' lives in general.
3. Where does the man intend to go as he is leaving the woman and bringing their children with him?
4. What did Demeter run around saying as she sunk further and further into despair?
5. To whom did the wife go in order to find out how to help her husband with his problems?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)