|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman help the wolf after freeing it from the trap, according to the story in the chapter?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) Points out the hunters.
(c) Tends to its wound.
(d) Takes it home.
2. The information gathered during the activity that the author describes as being done so through silence and _____________.
(b) Predatory instincts.
3. A young couple was married before the husband had to go _______________.
(a) To work.
(b) To a retreat.
(c) To the lands of his family.
(d) To war.
4. What will happen after the time period that the man and the woman will live together? She can ____________.
(a) Leave her children with him.
(b) Become a full human.
(c) Go home.
5. A __________ finds a wolf trapped in a trap, apparently being of human origin and able to communicate.
6. The wife continued to make efforts to show her husband __________, and was patient and persistent with him.
(a) The children.
(c) Her smile.
7. Who pointed out to this person who sold the daughter away that it was an agreement made with the Devil?
(a) The wife.
(b) The King.
(c) The husband.
(d) The Queen.
8. Where does the woman end up looking for the souls of her children, as directed by the saint?
9. The power of Demeter's ___________ released her from the depression that had started to take over.
10. One must avoid the foolhardy is the moral of the story of the Little __________ Girl, according to the interpretation of Estes.
11. Estes introduces the idea of projective _________________, a psychotherapy term about the receptiveness of a patient to stories.
12. The author explores the behavior of ____________ and shows the readers a variety of its functions.
13. Without other companionship, the lonely man is even more keen to find a __________, so he tries to be with the woman.
14. What happened as Demeter shouted out and her depression become greater and greater?
(a) Summer came.
(b) Winter came.
(c) The stars blew out.
(d) The winds picked up.
15. What did Demeter run around saying as she sunk further and further into despair?
(a) Leave me.
(b) Where are you.
(d) Die! Die! Die!.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man go off to the native country in order to do, leaving the woman alone in their former home?
2. Which animal does the author use as a metaphor in order to discuss the answer to #163 in this chapter?
3. What was the biggest change in the man after he came back? He began to ____________ his wife.
4. For women, many painfully kept secrets seem to include some sort of ____________, often someone did something that has a lot of shame linked to it.
5. What does La Lllorona mean when it is roughly translated into English?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)