|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gift the dying mother gives to her daughter when she is on her deathbed, telling the girl to hide it away?
(a) A wand.
(b) A book.
(d) A small doll.
2. What is the strange mark that the man has in the first story that is shared in this section of the book?
(a) Blue beard.
(b) Third eye.
(c) Blue eyes.
(d) Large mole.
3. What is destroyed by a seemingly benevolent evil force when the girl is introduced to the idea of wealth and is taken in by it?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her home.
4. Estes rediscovers the ___________ of the female form from a position of strength, rather than just superficial measurement.
5. The father wanted to be sure the younger people would learn to either _____________ the matter or to follow through.
6. The Wild Woman idea is one that is a ____________ view of women, rather than the weak and oppressed view.
7. Who caused the Skeleton Woman to brutally suffer during the course of her life?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) No one.
8. What has the man hoped to find when he ended up finding the remains of the Skeleton Woman instead?
(a) Food for weeks.
(b) A treasure.
(c) A piece of silver.
(d) His family chest.
9. The author enjoys wolves so much that she thinks they are akin to being her __________ animal.
10. The child hopes that her __________ will help to transform the stepmother and her stepsisters into kinder beings.
(b) Work ethic.
11. A kind of _________ emerges from the new shoes, making what had become the girl's release into some sort of prison.
12. When girls grow up, they receive an enormous education, according to the author, on how to deal with ____________.
13. The tendency of the young girl towards _______________ is in an effort to be treated properly and better through pleasing others.
14. Who eventually finds the Skeleton Woman, though he is not necessarily pleased with this discovery?
(a) A prince.
(b) A child.
(c) A priest.
(d) A fisherman.
15. _____________ strives to protect his/her strange child from the outside world, but is unable to do so.
(a) The sister.
(b) The mother.
(c) The father.
(d) The brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man organize in order to help the sisters get to know him better and to not be afraid of him?
2. What are the rabbis shown when they are in the Seventh Heaven, as led by the angel?
3. When the duckling happens to see his reflection in the water, what does he find that he is now?
4. There is a rumor that the man in the story is a failed _____________, which may account for his strange feature.
5. Estes argues the possibility for the body to be a great storehouse of ____________, rather than being opposed to the spiritual.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)