|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gift the dying mother gives to her daughter when she is on her deathbed, telling the girl to hide it away?
(b) A book.
(c) A wand.
(d) A small doll.
2. Natural, healthy self love and confidence are a part of the innate _____________ of females, according to the author.
(d) Well being.
3. When the duckling happens to see his reflection in the water, what does he find that he is now?
(a) A dog.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A swan.
(d) A human.
4. The lesson of the story is that there are times when it pays off to not be ________, whether we like this truth or not.
5. When the man wakes up after having helped Skeleton Woman with her bones, they become ______________.
6. Estes rediscovers the ___________ of the female form from a position of strength, rather than just superficial measurement.
7. The doll is a source of ____________ for the girl as the mother knew that the girl would have a difficult life.
8. Estes thinks there is deep healing when women find ways to save their ____________, as a kind of personal reclamation project.
9. What does the man organize in order to help the sisters get to know him better and to not be afraid of him?
(a) A royal ball.
(b) A party with a feast.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A trip on a boat.
10. The Wild Woman in this story of the strange man and the sisters emerges through ______________ and through breaking rules.
11. The man in the story is courting ________________ in the story of Manawee in this section of the book.
(a) Twin daughters.
(b) Triplet daughters.
(c) A family.
(d) A woman.
12. Who caused the Skeleton Woman to brutally suffer during the course of her life?
(a) Her brother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
13. A new trust of ___________ helps the growing duckling have an easier time of finding shelter on his journey.
14. What is NOT one of the secret worlds that Estes talks about in the section of the Body in Fairy Tales?
(b) Totem animals.
15. Estes argues the possibility for the body to be a great storehouse of ____________, rather than being opposed to the spiritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name of the Wolf Woman, as portrayed in the initial story in this book?
2. What happens to the Skeleton Woman as she is being dragged around? She takes in _______________.
3. Skeleton Woman began as a ___________ woman at the start of the story.
4. Who rescues the duckling from the cold and the ice of the elements when the bird is come upon one day?
5. What is the quest the girl is sent off to complete in order to hopefully perish if the stepfamily has anything to say about it?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)