|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A girl in the first story is financially poor, though she considers herself __________ since she is resourceful and ignorant of her situation.
(b) A queen.
2. The Wild Woman is available at every stage of _____________, whether as a mentor or a spirit within the female herself.
3. What does this girl make that proves her industriousness, her creativity and her self-expression?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A purse.
(c) Red shoes.
(d) A book of prayers.
4. Who does the young girl go off to see in order to get the item that the stepmother and step sisters have requested?
(b) The town healer.
(c) Baba Yaga.
(d) Mama Rata.
5. Natural, healthy self love and confidence are a part of the innate _____________ of females, according to the author.
(b) Well being.
6. The young girl is sent back home with a ____________ upon a staff that harbors fire.
7. Old women with the powers of ______________ are the focus of the Wolf Woman story.
8. Estes argues the possibility for the body to be a great storehouse of ____________, rather than being opposed to the spiritual.
9. In the story of the shoes, it is a _____________ tapping the shoes that the destructive and uncontrollable form of them is unleashed.
10. The new shoes represent exactly what the ___________ wanted for her life, not what she necessarily wanted.
11. A kind of _________ emerges from the new shoes, making what had become the girl's release into some sort of prison.
12. The duckling finds he is treated well with this new group, though it feels ____________ having received such bad treatment in the past.
13. What is the other name of the Wolf Woman, as portrayed in the initial story in this book?
(a) La loca.
(b) La Lita.
(c) La Loba.
(d) La Lova.
14. What are the rabbis shown when they are in the Seventh Heaven, as led by the angel?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) Jacob's Ladder.
(d) Ezekiel's Wheel.
15. When the duckling happens to see his reflection in the water, what does he find that he is now?
(a) A swan.
(b) A human.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author talks about how she and a female friend celebrated and healed themselves with a/an _____________ production.
2. The second story in the opening section shows that it is wisest to make neither too much nor too little of _________________ experiences.
3. A true name is often hidden because knowledge of it was seen as giving great ______________ to those who knew one's true name.
4. What has the man hoped to find when he ended up finding the remains of the Skeleton Woman instead?
5. How many rabbis are taken to the Seventh Vault of the Seventh Heaven by an angel of God?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)