|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, the duckling dares to approach some other water ____________, finding they are friendly.
2. The duckling finds he is treated well with this new group, though it feels ____________ having received such bad treatment in the past.
3. The fact that the woman the child goes to see is ____________ is an indication of her independence.
(b) A healer.
(c) A witch.
(d) A mother.
4. The tendency of the young girl towards _______________ is in an effort to be treated properly and better through pleasing others.
5. What was discovered about the man's past which causes the help for the sister to kill this dangerous man?
(a) The man killed his past wives.
(b) The man was the Devil.
(c) The man was a ghost.
(d) The man was going to leave the sister.
6. A girl in the first story is financially poor, though she considers herself __________ since she is resourceful and ignorant of her situation.
(c) A queen.
7. The doll is a source of ____________ for the girl as the mother knew that the girl would have a difficult life.
8. The ____________ is the one who destroyed the original shoes of the girl, though she was also opposed to the new ones.
(a) Old Woman.
(c) Crow Woman.
9. The father believed the lovers would be able to persevere if they married with the _______________ kind of real love.
10. What is NOT one of the secret worlds that Estes talks about in the section of the Body in Fairy Tales?
(b) Totem animals.
11. The young woman becomes endangered through playing with her female siblings and by breaking the one ________ her husband had given her.
12. The child hopes that her __________ will help to transform the stepmother and her stepsisters into kinder beings.
(b) Work ethic.
13. The author looks into how the wild woman _____________ can serve a healing function for women who have been oppressed.
14. The author, in this section, blends her roles of a ______________ as well as a practicing psychologist.
15. _____________ strives to protect his/her strange child from the outside world, but is unable to do so.
(a) The father.
(b) The mother.
(c) The brother.
(d) The sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name of the Wolf Woman, as portrayed in the initial story in this book?
2. The second story in the opening section shows that it is wisest to make neither too much nor too little of _________________ experiences.
3. People used to fear _____________ as they were an indication of strangeness when they were seen in society.
4. Estes rediscovers the ___________ of the female form from a position of strength, rather than just superficial measurement.
5. What does the man confront in a new way as he realizes that the Skeleton Woman cannot be ignored or left behind?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)