|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A new trust of ___________ helps the growing duckling have an easier time of finding shelter on his journey.
2. ______________, the author says, also face troubles with fitting in at more than one phase of life.
3. A true name is something that is often used in families in association with _______________.
(c) Dead relatives.
4. What does this girl make that proves her industriousness, her creativity and her self-expression?
(a) A sweater.
(b) Red shoes.
(c) A purse.
(d) A book of prayers.
5. La Mariposa, the __________ Woman, turns out to be a generously proportioned grandmother.
6. What does the animal learn about the love of Manawee, though it is difficult for the animal to remember?
(a) The father's wishes.
(b) The spiritual song.
(c) The ritual.
(d) True names.
7. What is the other name of the Wolf Woman, as portrayed in the initial story in this book?
(a) La Lita.
(b) La Lova.
(c) La loca.
(d) La Loba.
8. What is NOT one of the secret worlds that Estes talks about in the section of the Body in Fairy Tales?
(b) Totem animals.
9. Who caused the Skeleton Woman to brutally suffer during the course of her life?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) No one.
10. The young girl is sent back home with a ____________ upon a staff that harbors fire.
11. The protector of the woman/women just wants to make sure that Manawee is interested in his love's true ___________.
12. Which of the sisters decides to continue her relationship with the man in the story?
(a) None of them.
13. What was discovered about the man's past which causes the help for the sister to kill this dangerous man?
(a) The man was a ghost.
(b) The man was going to leave the sister.
(c) The man was the Devil.
(d) The man killed his past wives.
14. The Wild Woman idea is one that is a ____________ view of women, rather than the weak and oppressed view.
15. What does the man confront in a new way as he realizes that the Skeleton Woman cannot be ignored or left behind?
(a) His fear.
(b) His children.
(c) His happiness.
(d) His anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author suggests that when many people strive to avoid or to run from _____________ that they are coping with what relating to another has confronted them with.
2. One of the most profound changes in a female's adult life is the discovery of the power of ___________.
3. The author, in this section, blends her roles of a ______________ as well as a practicing psychologist.
4. Both the mother and the ___________ want the strange child to be accepted in society and in the family.
5. The tendency of the young girl towards _______________ is in an effort to be treated properly and better through pleasing others.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)