|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Afterward Story as Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author encourages people to seek out ______________ for the relief of the shame of holding onto a secret.
2. When the man came back from his journey away from home, he returned with a number of ____________ problems.
3. In some versions of the story, the Skeleton Woman suffers and has her ____________ cut off.
4. ______________, the author says, also face troubles with fitting in at more than one phase of life.
5. What rots away after the Skeleton Woman is killed or brutally injured, depending on the version of the story?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her flesh.
(d) Her smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman help the wolf after freeing it from the trap, according to the story in the chapter?
2. While the man is innocent of the Skeleton Woman's death, he is now ____________ to it and drags her along with him.
3. The power of Demeter's ___________ released her from the depression that had started to take over.
4. How many sisters does the strange man try to court at the same time, though he is not successful at first?
5. What was the biggest change in the man after he came back? He began to ____________ his wife.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)