|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Afterward Story as Medicine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes off to visit the woman/women instead of the man since he is pushed away by the father each time?
(a) A little dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) The wolf.
(d) A mouse.
2. The Wild Woman idea is one that is a ____________ view of women, rather than the weak and oppressed view.
3. Over time the bear was able to feel __________ enough to enjoy the food offerings from the woman.
4. The woman was directed to head for the forest in order to renew her __________ so she could begin again.
5. From what culture is the story of La Llorona from as told by the author in this section of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the woman think that she needed to bring back the throat hair to the person who she asked for help?
2. Which of the sisters decides to continue her relationship with the man in the story?
3. What was discovered about the man's past which causes the help for the sister to kill this dangerous man?
4. The author explores the behavior of ____________ and shows the readers a variety of its functions.
5. A new trust of ___________ helps the growing duckling have an easier time of finding shelter on his journey.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)