|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Mate: Union With the Other.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The discussion of being a woman is beneficial to the reader as it helps to point out what _________ the author may have.
2. When girls grow up, they receive an enormous education, according to the author, on how to deal with ____________.
3. The Wild Woman in this story of the strange man and the sisters emerges through ______________ and through breaking rules.
4. Old women with the powers of ______________ are the focus of the Wolf Woman story.
5. The father believed the lovers would be able to persevere if they married with the _______________ kind of real love.
Short Answer Questions
1. A true name is often hidden because knowledge of it was seen as giving great ______________ to those who knew one's true name.
2. Which of the sisters decides to continue her relationship with the man in the story?
3. The child hopes that her __________ will help to transform the stepmother and her stepsisters into kinder beings.
4. Who goes off to visit the woman/women instead of the man since he is pushed away by the father each time?
5. When Manawee learns what he needs to know, the ______________ are waiting for him when he goes to the village.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)