|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Shadowing: Canto Hondo, The Deep Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author explores the behavior of ____________ and shows the readers a variety of its functions.
2. Estes talks to the readers about rage and about having ________ with it in order to better understand it.
3. Ultimately, the story shows that an Old Woman alone can find great ____________ and joy in herself.
4. A true name is something that is often used in families in association with _______________.
(d) Dead relatives.
5. Why did the woman think that she needed to bring back the throat hair to the person who she asked for help?
(a) For a headdress.
(b) For a new rug.
(c) For a magic potion.
(d) For a shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Estes argues the possibility for the body to be a great storehouse of ____________, rather than being opposed to the spiritual.
2. The author encourages people to seek out ______________ for the relief of the shame of holding onto a secret.
3. The man begins to not show that he loves the woman, possibly heavily influenced by a conflict of __________.
4. The young girl is sent back home with a ____________ upon a staff that harbors fire.
5. What does the animal learn about the love of Manawee, though it is difficult for the animal to remember?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)