|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Shadowing: Canto Hondo, The Deep Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Lllorona mean when it is roughly translated into English?
(a) Dying Woman.
(b) Deep Woman.
(c) Skeleton Woman.
(d) Weeping Woman.
2. The Wild Woman in this story of the strange man and the sisters emerges through ______________ and through breaking rules.
3. Natural, healthy self love and confidence are a part of the innate _____________ of females, according to the author.
(b) Well being.
4. The wife continued to make efforts to show her husband __________, and was patient and persistent with him.
(b) The children.
(d) Her smile.
5. The father believed the lovers would be able to persevere if they married with the _______________ kind of real love.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ is the one who destroyed the original shoes of the girl, though she was also opposed to the new ones.
2. A true name is often hidden because knowledge of it was seen as giving great ______________ to those who knew one's true name.
3. The author suggests that when many people strive to avoid or to run from _____________ that they are coping with what relating to another has confronted them with.
4. When Manawee learns what he needs to know, the ______________ are waiting for him when he goes to the village.
5. Who rescues the duckling from the cold and the ice of the elements when the bird is come upon one day?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)