|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Hunting: When the Heart is a Lonely Hunter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Skeleton Woman began as a ___________ woman at the start of the story.
2. What rots away after the Skeleton Woman is killed or brutally injured, depending on the version of the story?
(a) Her flesh.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her smile.
3. What happens after the Skeleton Woman is destroyed by the monster in her life?
(a) She disappears.
(b) She is buried in a field.
(c) She sinks to the bottom of the body of water.
(d) She floats in the water.
4. What does the man confront in a new way as he realizes that the Skeleton Woman cannot be ignored or left behind?
(a) His happiness.
(b) His children.
(c) His anger.
(d) His fear.
5. When girls grow up, they receive an enormous education, according to the author, on how to deal with ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tendency of the young girl towards _______________ is in an effort to be treated properly and better through pleasing others.
2. What does Manawee have to discover in order to be able to court the woman/women that he wants to court?
3. What does the man organize in order to help the sisters get to know him better and to not be afraid of him?
4. A true name is something that is often used in families in association with _______________.
5. Who eventually finds the Skeleton Woman, though he is not necessarily pleased with this discovery?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)