|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Hunting: When the Heart is a Lonely Hunter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A true name is often hidden because knowledge of it was seen as giving great ______________ to those who knew one's true name.
2. What are the rabbis shown when they are in the Seventh Heaven, as led by the angel?
(a) Jacob's Ladder.
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(c) Ezekiel's Wheel.
3. The doll is a source of ____________ for the girl as the mother knew that the girl would have a difficult life.
4. There is a rumor that the man in the story is a failed _____________, which may account for his strange feature.
5. What is the strange mark that the man has in the first story that is shared in this section of the book?
(a) Blue eyes.
(b) Large mole.
(c) Third eye.
(d) Blue beard.
Short Answer Questions
1. People used to fear _____________ as they were an indication of strangeness when they were seen in society.
2. Who does the young girl go off to see in order to get the item that the stepmother and step sisters have requested?
3. The author looks into how the wild woman _____________ can serve a healing function for women who have been oppressed.
4. What is the gift the dying mother gives to her daughter when she is on her deathbed, telling the girl to hide it away?
5. The sister that stays with the man is endangered by the __________ of the man, not by the strange feature he has.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)