|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Hunting: When the Heart is a Lonely Hunter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A true name is often hidden because knowledge of it was seen as giving great ______________ to those who knew one's true name.
2. What is the strange mark that the man has in the first story that is shared in this section of the book?
(a) Third eye.
(b) Blue beard.
(c) Large mole.
(d) Blue eyes.
3. The tendency of the young girl towards _______________ is in an effort to be treated properly and better through pleasing others.
4. A true name is something that is often used in families in association with _______________.
(a) Dead relatives.
5. The author looks into how the wild woman _____________ can serve a healing function for women who have been oppressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gift the dying mother gives to her daughter when she is on her deathbed, telling the girl to hide it away?
2. The young girl is sent back home with a ____________ upon a staff that harbors fire.
3. The child hopes that her __________ will help to transform the stepmother and her stepsisters into kinder beings.
4. Who caused the Skeleton Woman to brutally suffer during the course of her life?
5. Old women with the powers of ______________ are the focus of the Wolf Woman story.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)